cant get game to run

[Post New]by mike1393 on Dec 3, 15 1:34 PM
Have tried reloading several times. I select game icon appears on start bar, selecting that does nothing. Any ideas?
Mike

begwood1
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
442 Posts

Re:cant get game to run

[Post New]by begwood1 on Dec 8, 15 10:24 PM
I'm having the same problem. Are you running Windows 10? I am and I'm afraid the game might not be compatible (had the same problem with Dire Grove).

[Post New]by Alison_Lacey on Dec 20, 15 6:24 PM
I'm also having the same problem and I am running Windows 10, maybe that's why.

[Post New]by MarcyAF on Jan 3, 16 6:12 PM
I just bought the full version and downloaded it, but it won't open. The taskbar icon is there, but nothing happens when I click it. If I go to my Big Fish Games folder, the game is there, and the folder opens with all my games listed, but Devil's Triangle won't open. I'm running Windows 10, too. I tried all the "helps" listed in the Help Forum under "Game Crashing, Freezing or Blank Screen" which said to update the video card and other things, but nothing helped.

Has anyone found an answer to this issue?

[Post New]by ATorontoGirl on Jan 8, 16 3:55 AM
Me neither. Tried compatibility mode. No dice.
I'm going to send a report using Dr. Felix. If we all do, they might provide an answer.

Edited on 01/08/2016 at 4:00:46 AM PST

[Post New]by wild_irish_rose on Jan 8, 16 6:44 PM
Also have Windows 10 and am having same problem - did everything to fix it following bfg instructions and it won't open at all.

parsons109
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by parsons109 on Mar 6, 16 10:00 PM
Same here. I have unistalled and reinstalled repeatedly. No luck. It shows I have the game, but when I click on play, nothing happens.

Windows 10 here as well.

[Post New]by Gameplayer63 on Mar 17, 16 2:23 PM
I'm running it on Windows 10

Edited on 03/17/2016 at 2:31:06 PM PST

[Post New]by kaycekat on Mar 28, 16 4:38 AM
I just finished downloading and installing for the second time.It still will not run.So fed up!!!!

[Post New]by marsto19 on Mar 29, 16 5:31 AM
me neither, got win 10 and the game will not run...

[Post New]by Ladytaz50 on Apr 14, 16 12:41 AM
I'm also running Win10 and having the same issues. Any reply from Big Fish??

[Post New]by janetloyd on Aug 14, 16 1:39 PM
Also running win 10 and having the exact same issues. can't play Dire Grove, either. I'm assuming still no response from Big Fish?

cmjones99
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by cmjones99 on Sep 24, 16 4:59 PM
Windows 10 just sucks. I can get the 3 earlier Hidden Expedition games to load and play, but can't get this one to work.

[Post New]by Seonag on Oct 10, 16 8:31 AM
Sadly, this is the 3rd older Big Fish game that I've purchased over the years that will NOT run in Windows 10. And even sadder is they are still selling the game but do NOT indicate it will not run on Windows 10. I'll note that the 3 earlier Hidden Expedition games do run on 10 because I just finished playing them.

dearabbi
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by dearabbi on Apr 3, 17 3:33 PM
4/3/17 tried to download the trial version. message said i had already played allotted time. I don't remember ever playing this game and it was not on my list of games. Bought it anyway. After installation 'you own this game play with unlimited time' message. i clicked on play. on the bottom of my computer a window with a mountain appeared. I clicked on it and got nothing. I tried to uninstall and reinstall but when I click on the trash can I get a message that this game cannot be uninstalled because it is currently running. However I have no game on screen and I can't end it from where it is. Wanted to post to tech problems but that thread is locked. PLEASE HELP

Go to: