Audreyfavre
Herring
Herring
385 Posts

more missing items!

[Post New]by Audreyfavre on Nov 1, 09 12:20 AM
Hi All,
I not only missed all acorns on every single level, but on level 24 I was missing so many items that I could not finish the fighting. I just had to wait it out until I lost. I know I didn't overlook all those items. By that time I knew how most of them looked. They just were not there. The scene was really sparse, too, so it wasn't a case of things jumbled up and me missing them. I hope they will fix this because I was really enjoying this game.
Audrey

Edited on 11/01/2009 at 12:22:41 AM PST

Shegsy
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

Re:more missing items!

[Post New]by Shegsy on Nov 1, 09 7:24 AM
I'm glad it isn't just me, I too had to wait to be killed because there was at least one item missing from the 3 spells e.g. orange bottle, acorn and malachite I can't remember the others, it is very frustrating as it is a good game.

[Post New]by hersheejess on Nov 1, 09 7:52 AM
I had the same problem. I needed 2, 1, and 1 items to complete any spell. I can't remember what level I was on though, but I was fighting a knight that had 40hp. My trial expired during the fight, but I had plenty of time to look for the objects. There really should have been an option to either leave the fight or refresh the lists or objects needed.

And just so people think I'm not crazy, I took a screen shot of it
... ok so I looked at the rules and posting images/links isn't allowed, but I have it uploaded if anyone wants to see.

Edited on 11/01/2009 at 7:55:08 AM PST

[Post New]by workforwine on Nov 1, 09 7:59 AM
There are no acorns! PERIOD!!!
Played Relaxed, Normal and now into the advanced mode there are NEVER any acorns. Ugh.

[Post New]by geobil on Nov 1, 09 1:14 PM
i have just downloaded the free hour the ist scene i am supposed to find a mace a shield and 16 pieces of paper but there is nothing there to find i have been clicking all over the screen and found 6 things i dont know how because i couldnt see anything i have turned it off with 43 minutes left anyone else had this problem thank you

[Post New]by tootalltotango on Nov 1, 09 4:39 PM
Battle with Nymph

For Fireball Spell missing:
Dynamite
Silver Ore
Orange Gem

For Regeneration missing:
Hazelnuts

For Poison missing
Acorn (of course!)

And the game locked there. Couldn't use the menu feature to get out.

margeryk
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by margeryk on Nov 1, 09 5:19 PM
I am having the same problem. I had to exit, restart my computer, and then when I went back all the items were there. I am also having problems with the "hint" option. Sometimes it simply does not work.... Yesterday I played the game through on the "Normal" mode and did not have these problems (except for that darn invisible acorn) but today playing in the "advanced" mode I have had these other problems come up. What mode are you guys playing in? Is it just a problem with the advanced mode?

lentenrose
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

[Post New]by lentenrose on Nov 1, 09 7:06 PM
I just finished playing a match three on level 14 and half way through it the items to be matched were missing! Just had to click on adjacent squares until the game thought there was a match. Ended up with 4 thousand points but I don't know how.

magilligan
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by magilligan on Nov 1, 09 11:50 PM
well I feel better now, i thought i was just being dumb, and was saying "thank you" when it completed a level without me having to look any more for the ACORN. so now I am putting the magnifing glass away and will keep this game on hold till may be it will get fixed

schuldi
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by schuldi on Nov 2, 09 9:13 AM
I have only a few more minutes left on the demo but won't buy it until it is fixed.

Edited on 11/02/2009 at 9:13:30 AM PST

memawclay2
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by memawclay2 on Nov 2, 09 9:22 AM
Me either !

Audreyfavre
Herring
Herring
385 Posts

[Post New]by Audreyfavre on Nov 2, 09 7:01 PM
margeryk wrote:I am having the same problem. I had to exit, restart my computer, and then when I went back all the items were there. I am also having problems with the "hint" option. Sometimes it simply does not work.... Yesterday I played the game through on the "Normal" mode and did not have these problems (except for that darn invisible acorn) but today playing in the "advanced" mode I have had these other problems come up. What mode are you guys playing in? Is it just a problem with the advanced mode?

Margery, I was playing in Normal mode when I had so many missing items. I believe I was on level 24. After I restarted my computer, I never had another issue. Well, except for the dreaded acorn popping up in the more difficult lists in later levels.
I have made it to Advanced mode, but only played one level so far.
Audrey

[Post New]by Miniatures1 on Nov 10, 09 2:02 PM
I have had to start many levels over because of missing items I do see how the game can be finished without being fixed does anyone know if this is being worked on?

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Nov 11, 09 8:19 AM
It should be possible to play the game to end on normal at least, with the new build. Doing the same with advanced isn't guaranteed, so if you get stuck there because of missing items, please let BFG know via the green envelope.

[Post New]by Miniatures1 on Nov 11, 09 1:19 PM
I was playing on normal had 1 item left in each of the 3 groups to find none were on the screen

Volauvent
Manatee
Manatee
3,757 Posts

Yup, I'm missing stuff, too!

[Post New]by Volauvent on Dec 15, 09 10:13 PM
Argh! No problems in trial, bought the dang thing, and no chili pepper at level 34 Hurricane spell.

So far, no acorn problems, but I believe this game should be shelved until the bugs are worked out.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who forked out their $7 for this sorry game.

Anyway, hope rebooting gets me through the next 10 or whatever levels. Thanks for the tip!

Vol au vent

Volauvent
Manatee
Manatee
3,757 Posts

Re:See How to find missing items

[Post New]by Volauvent on Dec 16, 09 2:33 AM
Just finished the game and posted this under new topic How to find missing items in spells

HOW TO FIND MISSING ITEMS

You can work on more than one spell at a time. Think of it as having 3 pots, not just one.

Some spells require the same ingredient as another displayed spell, but not to worry; just complete the spell that got the item first.

As soon as you complete a spell, the shelves are restocked and you can continue pulling ingredients to complete any spell you've already started, or you can start mixing ingredients for a wholw new spell.

It really doesn't matter if your shelves are not stocked with the inventory you need, or the ingredient you need is hiding behind a boot that's an ingredient in another spell.

As long as as an ingredient is showing in any of the spell lists, you can click on the ingredient and it will be added to the pot.

Vol au vent

Go to: