bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Comments and reviews 1912: Titanic Mystery

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Nov 1, 09 3:14 AM
Here is what our reviewer thought of 1912: Titanic Mystery. Post your own thoughts about the game in this thread and join the conversation! Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Comments:
Enjoy exploring a replica of one of the most magnificent ships to sail the high seas, but hurry, because you have a bomb to find and a secret to expose! Although this is an easier game, you’ll definitely enjoy the linear game play and well-lit Hidden Object scenes. Each scene offers two different lists of items to locate, as well as a puzzle mini-game before you can advance to another room aboard the ship. You’ll also be able to explore many rooms on the ship and read a personal diary, so your excursion will always keep you entertained. The storyline in the game develops well and gives the player a strong connection with the game while creating suspense as you discover who planted the bomb. Feel the pressure to save all of the passengers and keep history from repeating itself in 1912: Titanic Mystery!

Game Modes:
You’re able to launch your adventure in either Timed or Relaxed mode, and can play in both full screen and windowed mode.

Depth:
You’ll spend at least a few hours exploring the ship because after all, it is the Titanic. You should also be prepared to jump back to your computer to replay the twenty-five puzzles that you unlock along the way!

Similar to:
For other Hidden Object adventures on ships, be sure to check out Hidden Expedition: Titanic or Margrave Manor 2: Lost Ship.

Difficulty level:
Most of the difficulty for this game is within the puzzle mini-games, but a beginning player might find challenges in cleverly concealed objects.

Reviewed by L.D.

Edited on 11/02/2009 at 4:49:01 PM PST

bailey8877
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

Re:Comments and reviews 1912: Titanic Mystery

[Post New]by bailey8877 on Nov 1, 09 3:52 AM
This is a very simple HOG with a few small puzzles mixed in. I got so board I stopped after 20 min.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Nov 1, 09 4:08 AM
Oops looks like we got 3 1912 Titanic threads going for reviews and comments so I'll move my post over here, looks like where mod wants us to be, logo and all.

by puzzledone on Nov 1, 09 3:46 AM
Random items randomly placed as many games are but visible mostly. Used a few hints just to move it along. On timed demos I want to see more of the game, not sit and stare. Hour seemed to go fast, I enjoy picking them off fast and easy for a change shooting gallery style tee hee. Then some random clicks to figure out what are the broken pieces to find and put together when we don't know what they are to make. Pieces of what I ask. Go hunting for stuff you can't ID

Cursor unstable, floaty, no option, can live with that as long as objects are big enough to target. Trouble on one spot refusing the action piece but finally took it after some returns to try again.

Almost skipped the Morse Code puzzle til I finally saw the dots and dashes are printed on the typewriter keys. Duh, thought I was challenged to know them. So tiny for my eyes tho I mistyped a letter and with the demo time running hit skip anyway.

So far I like it, feel like I want to go back and see what's next, got sucked into the story which is unusual for me, usually boring and sophmoric which I skip. Introductions of various characters so of course we want to know who is involved like the Agatha Christis. Nothing irritating about the graphics or effects.

Had I not already bought 9 games in Oct, and no credits left til the 15th I'd buy it, will go on my "Probably" list. Have Hidden Magic to try too but looks like some glitches needing a rebuild by the lost acorn threads.

"There's a bomb on this ship..." what do I do, jump ship early in the game, try to find it, or stick around and find who done it? Now they are gaming me and want my money

U25150
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by U25150 on Nov 1, 09 4:13 AM
The audio for the engine room & hospital are mixed up.

Funny hearing the heart monitor beep while in the engine room and hear the steam & engine clank while in the hospital.

ETA: The Turkish Bath audio is now played in the Purser's Office?

This wasn't intentional, right?

Edited on 11/01/2009 at 4:21:19 AM PST

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Nov 1, 09 4:31 AM
Maybe they cut the wrong wire in the sound system - blue NO I MEAN YELLOW thinking it's da bomb?

Haven't got that far yet. Now I'll have to buy it for some laughs.
Actually I can't hear anything on this laptop unless I put on headphones so missed the audio on demo.

Oh I know, there's a running gag mini game thru the big game like those phone wires in RTR and nobody's solved it yet without a walkthrough?

kayjay97
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by kayjay97 on Nov 1, 09 6:46 AM
Way to easy and boring for me. Very simple HOG game. I like the story line but I don't think I will be spending money to see **** wit ends

[Post New]by NCPantherEyes on Nov 1, 09 9:06 AM
I was actually enjoying the game until it froze...no way to exit the room so I was stuck and had to lose all progress to the game in order to play again...not the way I like to play at all.

nina07
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by nina07 on Nov 1, 09 9:07 AM
Hello All the remember that you are only in a trial mode that most people insist on. I Titanic and HOG also story lines with a twist. this took me 4 hours skipping some of the puzzles. Not a bad price for 4 hours of entertainment. I had no trouble with any part of this game. WHO LOVES ME. Thanks .

john_murray2
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by john_murray2 on Nov 1, 09 10:08 AM
im in the chips game where you have 2 blue chips and you have to block the red chips is there any way you can skip itand still get the page to the diary?i dont know anything about this game of chip like chess

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Nov 1, 09 10:43 AM
The game is Othello. It's very easy. If you place you blue chip on either side of a red chip you turn them red. Then they do it back to you. Try to capture the corners.

Jofer
Shark
Shark
11,519 Posts

[Post New]by Jofer on Nov 1, 09 11:34 AM
I just finished the one hour demo of this game. The storyline is good, but not involving enough to make me want to buy based on that alone (some games do!) and the gameplay is straightforward and fairly easy.

In each scene you find 10 items of the same type, then do a search for a list of items. Items are easy to find and get easier as the game progresses, since the game uses alot of identical items between scenes and you start to recognize them. There's a mini game after each scene - nice variety of games and fun, skippable after the timer counts down but I only skipped one - it gives you a time penalty for skipping. Play is relaxed or timed mode. Relaxed the time penalty doesn't seem to do anything so not a biggie to skip. By the end I found myself playing just to get to the mini games.

Completion (or skip) of each mini game will give you another diary entry to further the story. An interesting read, but I wasn't too involved in it. Random people from the ship come up to you in each set of scenes to give you a letter that you've "dropped". I found the letters to be irritating - threats to keep working or the bomb will get you. Though there are some clues to them. Every scene you enter a different ship's personality will talk to you and drop info - I liked that part and thought it was a nice addition to the HOG feel to have some interaction, even if the people were in little circles.

All in all a fairly good game, but a bit too easy and monotonous for me, as well as being one of the "cluttered" looking HOGs, so I won't be buying this one.

nameplater
Stingray
Stingray
4,776 Posts

[Post New]by nameplater on Nov 1, 09 12:05 PM
I am curious if anyone is having problem I am. I download demo and when it gets to 100% it starts to download again--Have tried at least 3 times and same thing--will not validate??? When I tried "Trapped" a few days ago it d/l fine and when I went to enter my name and play it totally froze--tried that at least 3 times. Am getting kind of frustrated. Will contact CS but just wondering if anyone else is having problem with download. Looks like a good game just wish I could play the demo.

k8edidnt
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by k8edidnt on Nov 1, 09 12:14 PM
I just had the same thing happen. Downloads to 100% and then starts downloading again. Shoot!

[Post New]by cathyrules on Nov 1, 09 12:17 PM
Yes I am having the same downloading issue! What is up with that?

[Post New]by 1queenb on Nov 1, 09 12:23 PM
Ditto to downloading issue.....

jramme
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

[Post New]by jramme on Nov 1, 09 12:25 PM
I cannot get this game to download, so I can't even try it.

[Post New]by hdonah on Nov 1, 09 12:28 PM
I can seem to play this game
I make it thru the first board to the bomb message >>>then the game just stops and wont carry on
is anyone else having this problem??

MargB
Minnow
Minnow
233 Posts

[Post New]by MargB on Nov 1, 09 12:35 PM
I'm also having download problem. Downloads okay but will not validate and immediately starts download again.

Will wait awhile and try again tomorrow, if it doesnt work then I will email CS as they are always very helpful

BransonBel
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by BransonBel on Nov 1, 09 1:13 PM
Just my humble opinion as I haven't tried the demo yet, but from the 3 preview scenes this looks like the graphics are pretty poor and the hidden objects less than a challenge to find. I mean the one of the outside of the ship with a giant spider in the sky? I too am thinking these must be pretty cheap to churn out- I personally would rather have a few really well-made ones like Drawn, Ravenhurst, or Puppets of Joyville than all these so-so games...but I guess that's what demos and the forums are for. It's nice to read everyone's opinons/experiences with a game before you plunk down money for it!

nance91947
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by nance91947 on Nov 1, 09 1:39 PM
cathyrules wrote:Yes I am having the same downloading issue! What is up with that?

Yes, tried 3 times to download, then I get "error downloading". What's with that??

Go to: