nicoquebec
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

1912 : Titanic Mystery - Cursor problem

[Post New]by nicoquebec on Nov 1, 09 5:48 AM
Good Day sea gamers

As a fan of HOG I downloaded the trial of this one but I'm not able to play.
I cannot see the cursor at all. Success to open the option windows to check if I can change it but no.
It's a pitty as it's looks like a good HOG as per all your comments.
Hope BFG will fix this problem soon.
Nico - lost jellyfish in deep ocean

Re:1912 : Titanic Mystery - Cursor problem

[Post New]by gingersmurf on Nov 1, 09 5:59 AM
I have the same issue and it's very frustrating. It's happened on other games as well and I just give up but I wish I knew how to fix it.

[Post New]by JayArDee on Nov 1, 09 6:24 AM
I would also like to echo my frustration with this issue. Most games I download have no problem, but every so often, the cursor is not visible. I have complained but have never had a satisfactory answer. Sometimes a game will have an option to not use a special cursor. I also wish more games had this option, just in case. Sadly, this always seems to happen with games that appear to be the most interesting to play. What's up Big Fish?

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Nov 1, 09 7:41 AM
If you folks have Windows Vista, here is one thing to try: Open the Windows Vista "mouse properties" dialogue box. To access the Mouse Properties: click the Windows button, selecting "Control Panel" from the menu. If "Control Panel Home" is selected in the left panel of the Control Panel, click "Mouse" in the right pane. Otherwise, "Classic View" will be selected in the left pane. In this case, double-click "Mouse" in the right pane. Click the "Pointer Options" tab. Underneath "Visibility," check or uncheck "display pointer trails" as desired and then click okay to close the dialogue box.

I knew someone with this invisible cursor problem and playing around with these settings fixed the problem. It's worth a try.

[Post New]by terriejane12 on Nov 1, 09 8:33 AM
I bought the game without trying, a big mistake I won't be doing again, and I can see the cursor fine. My problem is I have very little control over it. I've come across this before but I've usually been able to change to a normal cursor. This game (every game) definitely needs the option to not use a special cursor. It's very annoying and I doubt I'll be playing the game because of it. I know I'll never buy another game where you can't change the cursor.

nicoquebec
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by nicoquebec on Nov 1, 09 8:50 AM
Good Day Howatch

I have Vista and I tried your tip to solve this problem but unfortunatelly is not working.
I guess that BFG will try to fix this matter.
Anyway, thanks for your help.
Nico - lost jellyfish

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Nov 1, 09 9:47 AM
You are welcome, nicoquebec, and I'm sorry that advice was of no use. Writing to Customer Support is always the best solution! Bonne chance!

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Nov 1, 09 11:31 PM
It also doesn't have a windowed option, either, which I looked for to solve my glitch with missing the 1st letter of the HOs on my list

[Post New]by amberleehatch on Nov 4, 09 9:18 AM
Scarlet_11dy6 if you unclick the full screen option it should automatically go to a windowed screen, I think. Of course I did not try since I uninstalled the game right away could not see the cursor so therefor could not play the game without getting frustrated easily...

[Post New]by move2fl on Nov 7, 09 1:13 PM
I have the very same problem, the game starts, I listen to the reporter and can even click on Play, but then, as soon as I see the captain's words there is no way I can click on OK...I've moved my mouse every which way and can't get it to respond. A few times when I've been moving my mouse, I see the OK button flash, but when I try to move back to that point, it doesn't get bright again.

I also have Vista and usually have no problems with cursors. I didn't buy this one yet, and obviously won't buy it if someone can't come up with a solution.

FYI, the same thing happens on the new Cake Mania game (Main Street) - Unfortunately, I purchased that one in advance 'cause I love all the other ones and can't play it - very frustrating!!!!

Gayle

[Post New]by Manatee44 on Nov 10, 09 8:45 AM
I tried the suggestions from Howatch...sadly this didn't help. I only downloaded the trial game but will not buy it for sure...I've never had this problem before. With other issues I've had that didn't get resolved I contacted Big Fish and got a game credit without any trouble.

[Post New]by Catwoman2 on Nov 10, 09 9:44 AM
Howatch wrote:If you folks have Windows Vista, here is one thing to try: Open the Windows Vista "mouse properties" dialogue box. To access the Mouse Properties: click the Windows button, selecting "Control Panel" from the menu. If "Control Panel Home" is selected in the left panel of the Control Panel, click "Mouse" in the right pane. Otherwise, "Classic View" will be selected in the left pane. In this case, double-click "Mouse" in the right pane. Click the "Pointer Options" tab. Underneath "Visibility," check or uncheck "display pointer trails" as desired and then click okay to close the dialogue box.

I knew someone with this invisible cursor problem and playing around with these settings fixed the problem. It's worth a try.

[Post New]by Catwoman2 on Nov 10, 09 9:47 AM
Howatch wrote:If you folks have Windows Vista, here is one thing to try: Open the Windows Vista "mouse properties" dialogue box. To access the Mouse Properties: click the Windows button, selecting "Control Panel" from the menu. If "Control Panel Home" is selected in the left panel of the Control Panel, click "Mouse" in the right pane. Otherwise, "Classic View" will be selected in the left pane. In this case, double-click "Mouse" in the right pane. Click the "Pointer Options" tab. Underneath "Visibility," check or uncheck "display pointer trails" as desired and then click okay to close the dialogue box.

I went to control panel and clicked on mouse and did all that but when i go to play the game my pointer is gone vcan't see it it's like it behind the game if you know what to do please let me know

sarra73
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by sarra73 on Nov 15, 09 12:02 PM
Same problem. Running Vista 32 with updated everything. BF support told me to uninstall my adobe flash and adobe something else and I did, reinstalled it, then unintstalled the game and then reinstalled it and no cursor.
VERY upsetting to a Titanic historian who enjoys exploring her decks even if it is via a game.

I guess it's back to the Titanic game from Hidden Expedition (or whatever it is) that made Titanic, Everest, Devil's Triangle and so on. Sad thing is, Titanic based games are few and far between.

I wonder if they made this game for the xp? Odd since xp is ancient news. It's like when we had XP and some one was still making games for Windows 98 lol.

Get with the times, bfg. At least make xp compatible with Vista.

sarra73
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by sarra73 on Nov 15, 09 12:03 PM
amend: Meaning that you would think all new games would be made to be compatible with Vista and not just a lower platform. There are folks out there who DO still have 98 and XP. They need to play games too, lol! ^_^

nicoquebec
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by nicoquebec on Nov 16, 09 2:21 PM
Well well well.
As a patient sea gamer, I wait untill today to see if this cursor problem have been solved by BFG.
So, I downloade (one more time) the game few minutes ago, open the game, and ... still the cursor is not visible
Maybe, one day, our nice BFG will take care of our remarks
And as you notice, problem always come from computer's user, never from the game
I'm joking (really ?!?) but it's frustating to sea a good game and not to be able to play it.
I will make a new test in one year, just to see ....

To all seagamers, enjoy your playing time (exept with this game )

nicoquebec
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by nicoquebec on Nov 16, 09 2:24 PM
And I promise to have a better attention to my spelling

[Post New]by theitlegend on Dec 26, 09 3:54 AM
Think I have come up with a solution to this problem with the cursor disappearing in full screen. Have try a number of different methods and and come up with a solution for Vista and Windows 7 users.

Shortcut Steps

1. Right click and select Properties on the "1912 Titanic Mystery' shortcut on the desktop.
2. Click on the "Compatibility" tab.
3. In the Compatibility mode area tick the "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and choose "Windows XP (Service Pack 3)" from the drop down list.
4. Click "Apply" or "OK"

Game Steps

1. Launch the game "1912 Titanic Mystery" shortcut.
2. Move the mouse and click on the highlighted "Options" button.
3. Move the mouse and "untick" the "Fullscreen" option.
4. Click on the "OK" button

You should now see the cursor on the main screen. The reason this issue is happening is due to the screen resolution and Compatibility Mode. Hopefully the developers can create a fix for these issues.

[Post New]by myandmyself on Dec 26, 09 9:23 AM
Install Windows Xp and there's a blue sky opening.

ellen

[Post New]by birdbird on Feb 7, 10 9:40 PM
TIL, you are a frakkin' genius. I tried this fix on Cake Mania 3 and Cake Mania Main Street, and NOW I CAN MAKE CAKE!

Hope you don't mind if I quote you on those fora, I haven't seen a fix there yet.

Go to: