Re:Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by designval on Dec 7, 17 8:01 PM
I take it back. The download worked this time.

[Post New]by kotjew on Dec 7, 17 11:43 PM
Same here, older iPad do not showing update in App Store, now I try to go in to game and telling me it is update to it, and take me to App Store but no update to download. On iPhone during the date update come out, but not in iPad. sorry just notice in wrong section post.

Edited on 12/07/2017 at 11:48:02 PM PST

LvlSlgr
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by LvlSlgr on Dec 8, 17 9:46 AM
I seem to have lost 30 diamonds since the last time I played. I record my statistics each evening just before the rollover to a new day and I had 8058 last night. When I logged in today I now have only 8029. I'm at the maximum level (82) and there's nothing I'm working toward other than the Daily Quest now. I played a little toward the new Daily Quest, but I don't recall using any diamonds. Even if I had used some I'm sure I would remember if I used 30. Can these be restored?

Thanks!

ETA: Wow! That was a really fast response. Thanks for taking care of this.

Edited on 12/08/2017 at 1:58:23 PM PST

[Post New]by Bid3NT on Dec 8, 17 10:51 AM
I just upgraded the pet's cushion in the old Christmas Room with 1,000 shards in anticipation of finishing the Christmas Room achievement (to get the Clever Monkey) but I didn't get credit for the 4th purchase. My achievement is still at 3 out of 4. Did "purchase" mean I had to use coins?

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Dec 8, 17 11:49 AM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your patience while waiting on a response and for taking the time to report your experiences with the PC version of Midnight Castle.

dfkdkfl_1960, I also agree with susiewastaken that the best manner to continue receiving assistance is to follow up with our Reps from the Midnight Castle Support Team who would be able to assist further with this concern. Thank you for your patience while working with our teams.

pepita933, designval, and kotjew, if you are having trouble downloading and installing the update on iOS, please contact our Midnight Castle Support Team with details of what has occurred and the type and model of the device you are having this issue on. Our Reps will follow up as soon as they can.

As a quick reminder, players are encouraged to post technical issues to the appropriate thread based on the specific game and device type being played on. For iOS technical issue reports, please be sure to reply to the appropriate thread linked below in the future:

Post your Midnight Castle (iOS) Technical Issues Here Only!

That helps us better understand the impact of what is being reported as well as helps both the teams behind the game and moderators respond more rapidly and effectively to those reports. Thanks for understanding.

LvlSlgr and Bid3NT, I'm sorry to hear that this has happened. It sounds like there was a loss of progress in one case as well as an achievement's progress not being counted in the other. For issues regarding progress, we recommend contacting our Midnight Castle Support Team with your Friend Code and a description of what has happened such as the steps that occurred before noticing what has happened and the missing progress or achievement progress. Our Reps will be sure to get back in touch as soon as they are able to do so.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Dec 8, 17 11:49 AM
Thank you all as well in regards to spam posts that sometimes appear in our forums. For more information regarding this persistent issue, please see our announcement regarding it below:

An important announcement regarding spam posts - May 24, 2017

Thank you all for your patience, and I hope this is helpful. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by purplepugs2 on Dec 8, 17 5:48 PM
I to purchased 4 or more items in new Christmas room & did not get new avatar. I don't know if this is because I haven't been able to update my game on my pc yet either. But I don't want to have to repurchase stuff.

Game in slow motion

[Post New]by pam65anded on Dec 8, 17 7:45 PM
My game is running is slow motion and out of sync with the sound. My computer display is also effected with black bars on the sides. I am running in Windows 10. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game, updated all my drivers and adjusted and readjusted all my resolution settings...no luck. This is the only game that is impacted. Any thoughts or suggestions?
Thanks!

Khamy
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by Khamy on Dec 9, 17 12:31 AM

Hello!
My game has not started since the upgrade!!!!
I play on a computer, write that the update is available, but nothing is done.
And No updates found in the game manager for mine!!??
Thank you for answer!!

Acklam
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Acklam on Dec 9, 17 7:10 AM
When I start MC there's a message saying there's a new update but when I open the games app there is no down load showing on the left hand side. I've tried to do it manually via the cog button, it say's there is 1 download available but when I go to download nothing happens. I'd hate to miss out on the Christmas event help please.

Khamy
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by Khamy on Dec 9, 17 7:17 AM
Acklam wrote:When I start MC there's a message saying there's a new update but when I open the games app there is no down load showing on the left hand side. I've tried to do it manually via the cog button, it say's there is 1 download available but when I go to download nothing happens. I'd hate to miss out on the Christmas event help please.

I have the same problem
[i]

dfkdkfl_1960
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by dfkdkfl_1960 on Dec 9, 17 7:25 AM
I fixed my game by replacing the game with the backup, and now the game is in order.thanks for the help and quick response and willingness to help.

katkitty
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by katkitty on Dec 9, 17 12:49 PM
I see there was an updated version on 12/6/17 of Midnight Castle. I only play this game on my iPad. I keep getting a message if I want to update the new version, but apparently I can’t seem to do this with my iPad is this version for an iPad update or not?

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Dec 9, 17 6:30 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thanks so much for your patience while waiting for a response. I'm swimming over as fast as I can to provide some troubleshooting guidance.

purplepugs2: The Winter Event hasn't begun yet. The latest update contained some teasers -- such as the new Private Room -- but until the event begins, players won't be able to work towards the event achievements. Hopefully the Winter Event will begin very soon!

pam65anded: Let's begin by checking that the computer's video card driver is up to date. This driver handles how a computer's graphics display, so installing a new version could fix everything. Please take a look at the help page below for further instruction:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Then, please try running the game in Administrator Mode to increase its permissions. The help page below contains those directions:

Run Game as Administrator

Khamy and Acklam: Since the update isn't appearing in the Big Fish Games app, please try uninstalling and reinstalling Midnight Castle. The help page below will walk you through that process:

Uninstalling & Reinstalling (Computer)

katkitty: I replied to this inquiry in the Update thread that was made in the main Midnight Castle Forum. Since this thread is designated for PC technical issues, I'd recommend posting to the one below in the future:

Post your Midnight Castle (iOS) Technical Issues Here Only!

Should these suggestions not fix your troubles, please contact our Midnight Castle Support Team. Be sure to include the game's Friend Code with the inquiry. You're also welcome to PM me or another moderator if any new questions arise.

Have a lovely weekend.

bfgBeruna

nopla3039
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by nopla3039 on Dec 10, 17 4:59 PM
I have played the game table twice today and won 3x but the items never placed in my inventory. Also, when I click on some of my friends private rooms I get a message " player has new updated version of this room" (something to that effect). I use the new Christmas Room so has there been another update I need to download

[Post New]by Hufflepuff on Dec 10, 17 7:24 PM
Though I am not the only one it seems to be a technical issue that purchases in both Christmas rooms do not count.
Thanks a lot for any help!

[Post New]by silvershade on Dec 11, 17 3:44 PM
Since the update, I have had nothing but mysterious problems with the entire batch of Big Fish games I have loaded on my PC.

In order of occurrence:

1) The game manager disappeared. Usually when I would leave a game, the game manager would appear and I would need to close it out. After the update, the game manager wouldn't appear after I logged out. When I tried to access the shortcut to the game manager on my desktop screen, it was like it was deleted, even though the shortcut icon was still present. I know I didn't delete it but I couldn't find it anywhere in my files. I've uninstalled the game manager and reinstalled it and it seems to be functioning fine but there's still no shortcut icon so to access the game manager, I have to actually come to BF and get it through my account. Can we say "Wow, that's annoying"?

2) The shortcut icons stopped working. First, Midnight Castle's shortcut icon stopped working. Then all the others stopped working en masse. I can access Midnight Castle via the game manager but that's a PITA to have to scroll through the list of every game I've bought to get to MC when I have a few minutes to play. I've uninstalled and reinstalled MC but there's still no shortcut icon(See #1 to get an idea of how I have to access MC via the game manager).

3) Some of the other games I had downloaded have flat disappeared from my computer. I can access them through the game manager(Again, see #1 for that process).

All I want to do is be able to click on the icon, have the game show up, and play. After a few days of trying to figure out what to do and having nothing work, I'm at a loss for what to do next.

rellen
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by rellen on Dec 11, 17 9:52 PM
i just got a little white bear egg off the wheel and it did not go into my inventory

lasanja
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by lasanja on Dec 12, 17 4:44 AM
When I work on my tasks to fulfill the Winter's Keeper quests they do not register.

I played through my HOS several times to fulfill:
"Search castle rooms and collect snowmen/ Christmas Trees/Stockings" but none of the searches ever counted.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Dec 12, 17 11:07 AM
Hello Everyone,

I'm swimming by to provide some troubleshooting guidance!

Players whose games aren't adding items to their inventory or recognizing their achievements might be experiencing a display error. I'd recommend checking whether the computer's video card driver is up to date as well as running the game in Administrator Mode. These processes improve the relationship between the computer and the game and also give the game more permissions. Please take a look at the help pages below for further instructions:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Run Game as Administrator

It also sounds like you're having trouble with the Big Fish Games app (formerly called the Game Manager), silvershade. This matter will require greater investigation than I can offer in the forums, so please contact our Midnight Castle Support Team. To help the Support Team determine what's happening, be sure to include a Dr. Felix Diagnostics Report. They'll reply to your inquiry as quickly as possible.

If my suggestions don't fix your game, or if what's impacting you hasn't been addressed, I'd also recommend contacting our Support Team. Including the game's Friend Code with your inquiry will be really helpful to them.

Thanks for your patience, and don't hesitate to PM me or a fellow moderator if more questions come up. We'll be happy to provide some answers.

bfgBeruna

Go to: