A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 12/06/2015 at 8:50:05 AM PST

mai66
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Lost Lands: The Golden Curse here

[Post New]by mai66 on Dec 6, 15 2:53 AM
In this SE you get a jumpable map, and that is nice. There is a lot of running back and forth, so i used the map for transportation.
You also have to find the bookpages and the 14 items she lost in the translation like in the CE.
So If you are not into morphing, wallpaper, ekstra gameplay and the usually exstra goodies, the SE is a nice game.
I like the storyline, and it looks to be a long game, so I think I go with the SE.

[Post New]by bfgGlithui on Dec 6, 15 8:53 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Lost Lands: The Golden Curse here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Lost Lands: The Golden Curse.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgGlithui

gwenofala
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by gwenofala on Dec 6, 15 9:19 AM
I remember playing the demo for the CE thought it looked fun then forgot about it . I had a couple of coupons for SE so I think I will buy this . Love the demo it went by to quickly . I love the achievements and collectables in a CE but once in awhile it's just nice to play a game without having to find collectables or to skip a puzzle or use hints if I feel like it without having to worry about getting the next achievement Bonus games most of the time bore me . So this is nice for a change ! The hint button works to show you what to do next if you're stuck so no need for SG here I'm off to buy and play Have fun my fellow fishies !

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Dec 8, 15 10:40 AM
Review of the SE: Well, I bought this with a credit without playing the demo because of all the 5 star ratings and reviews. Can't say I agree with them now. I am finding the game a bit on the slow side. Transporter map is located in a difficult spot and you have to keep clicking on it to open. Waaaaay to much dialog and cut scenes and it really gets annoying, tired of picking up journal sheets, stopped reading them as they were lengthy and appeared to be unnecessary.

HOS are shadow, interactive and tedious, puzzles can be simple to tedious. Animations, and color are very good..I'll give it a good one there. Storyline is confusing...not quite sure who this chick is and how she got to where she is. The little girl is annoying.

Really getting tired of jumping all over the place to get one inventory item and then jumping back and then jumping again. You get to a scene and everything you click on needs something that is not in your inventory so off you go again. Arrrrgh. I'm going to take a break from it for awhile. I give it only a 2+ out of 5. If its as long as some gamers have stated, I don't know if I'll make it to the end. Yawn.

Edited on 12/08/2015 at 10:41:42 AM PST

arthurC
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
424 Posts

[Post New]by arthurC on Dec 12, 15 9:13 AM
I have to agree with bessiegirl, I'm afraid.

It is indeed a beautifully crafted game .. stunning graphics .. and if you like games where you run all over the place like a headless chicken without rhyme or reason collecting items which make so sense, you'll love it.

But I'm afraid I just lost the will to live.

I didn't finish it.
In fact, I'm not finishing a lot of games recently. They all seem to be variations on the same theme.

I so wish some developer would come along and lift the bar a bit.
Jo

poppy45
Clownfish
Clownfish
834 Posts

[Post New]by poppy45 on Dec 16, 15 4:18 PM
gwenofala wrote:I remember playing the demo for the CE thought it looked fun then forgot about it . I had a couple of coupons for SE so I think I will buy this . Love the demo it went by to quickly . I love the achievements and collectables in a CE but once in awhile it's just nice to play a game without having to find collectables or to skip a puzzle or use hints if I feel like it without having to worry about getting the next achievement Bonus games most of the time bore me . So this is nice for a change ! The hint button works to show you what to do next if you're stuck so no need for SG here I'm off to buy and play Have fun my fellow fishies !

poppy45
Clownfish
Clownfish
834 Posts

[Post New]by poppy45 on Dec 16, 15 4:19 PM
a review in one word - FABULOUS

sparkers2005
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by sparkers2005 on Dec 17, 15 3:51 PM
I agree with poppy45 FABULOUS. one of the better games I've played in awhile

PatW47
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by PatW47 on Dec 22, 15 2:19 AM
Brilliant Game! Don't usually post in these threads, but I have so much enjoyed this game, I had to. Its a really long game, excellent value for money and I only bought the SE.
I am very happy with this developer, hope they make more.

layzeedaisy
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by layzeedaisy on Jan 5, 16 11:28 AM

I think I may be just over half way through what seems to be a very long game.

It has gorgeous graphics and a lot of thought has been put into the presentation. If you want a long game as value for money, this is probably as good as it gets - especially for an SE.

Okay, that's the nice stuff. My legs are worn down to stumps with all the travelling and my eyes have misted over from all the reading. I haven't a clue what I'm doing or why I'm even doing it.

In fact. not only have I lost the plot, I think I may have lost the will to even finish the game.

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on May 11, 16 12:03 AM
bessiegirl wrote:Review of the SE: Well, I bought this with a credit without playing the demo because of all the 5 star ratings and reviews. Can't say I agree with them now. I am finding the game a bit on the slow side. Transporter map is located in a difficult spot and you have to keep clicking on it to open. Waaaaay to much dialog and cut scenes and it really gets annoying, tired of picking up journal sheets, stopped reading them as they were lengthy and appeared to be unnecessary.

HOS are shadow, interactive and tedious, puzzles can be simple to tedious. Animations, and color are very good..I'll give it a good one there. Storyline is confusing...not quite sure who this chick is and how she got to where she is. The little girl is annoying.

Really getting tired of jumping all over the place to get one inventory item and then jumping back and then jumping again. You get to a scene and everything you click on needs something that is not in your inventory so off you go again. Arrrrgh. I'm going to take a break from it for awhile. I give it only a 2+ out of 5. If its as long as some gamers have stated, I don't know if I'll make it to the end. Yawn.
Ditto

Go to: