Janette5
Clownfish
Clownfish
518 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Defense of Greece here

[Post New]by Janette5 on Dec 7, 15 4:40 AM
This is a tower defense game where you have a variety of weapons and enemies, land, air and sea.

Here are the basics:

1. Music cannot be switched off until you're past the tutorial - mute your PC before opening this game if you don't want the blaring noise!

2. Lots of poorly translated dialogue that you can't skip - most if it isn't interesting either.

3. Your time is taken up by technicalities and upgrades, not game-play.

4. I found the game too easy, to the point I played there was no real challenge - I was just putting it on its fastest speed and upgrading weapons as I had money without any thought.

5. I also got the impression that this game is going to be very short i.t.o. actual game-play.

6. There are a variety of side-challenges that you meet during the game and they award you with crystals for upgrades. However, these goals are really met automatically as you play and upgrade so it doesn't really add a dimension to the game.

7. It has a feature where you can earn more money by clicking on a tree, it's not very clear when you can and when you can't and how often you need to click - sometimes the trees move and you know you can do it, other times they don't. That sort of means you're going to spend a lot of time randomly clicking trees.

Definitely try before you buy!

Edited on 12/07/2015 at 7:16:58 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Defense of Greece here

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Dec 7, 15 7:17 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Defense of Greece here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Defense of Greece.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Dec 8, 15 12:45 AM
Well... i think I am going to buy this - its hard to say if it will turn out well but I think it should be good.

They really ought to have hired an English translator ....that much is evident but I guess it could be worse!

In addition to the usual upgrades that these TD games normally have, this one has some extras & twists to how you obtain the parts needed for these upgrades. I am not sure I have gotten quite the hang of it yet so I cannot explain - there was one heckuva lot of information thrown out during the early stages of the game.

But thats generally a good thing: it shows that care has been put into creating something. I came to the forums here hoping for some enlightenment - as a person with some cognitive impairments, its a LITTLE hard to get the hang of what to do here, but once I've established a solid plan I think this will be very enjoyable.

Just hoping somebdoy will post some sort of advice.

The graphics are quite large. Think of the difference between a book designed for children vs. a book designed for toddlers. Really large. Also not necessarily a drawback, just kind of . . . different.

Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by Csustar on Dec 8, 15 10:31 AM
For me, this so below the quality of many of the other defense games. Way to much time spent in reading, and learning how to "add" upgrades to the weapons, not crazy about the graphics either. This is a simple game, but not for me.

Go to: