Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Christmas Wonderland 6 here

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Dec 8, 15 12:33 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 12/08/2015 at 6:40:49 AM PST

pita1234
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Christmas Wonderland 6 here

[Post New]by pita1234 on Dec 8, 15 3:44 AM
Won't play despite uninstalling, reinstalling, and shutting computer down in between.

[Post New]by Petitmene on Dec 8, 15 5:12 AM
Same for me, I don't understand, I have all five others with no problem, It's not funny i was waiting for the sixth one grrrrr

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Dec 8, 15 6:40 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Dec 8, 15 6:42 AM
Hi pita1234 and Petitmene,

I'm sorry to hear that there is some trouble getting this game to work. It may be helpful to look at the following help article to ensure that your video card driver is current:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you are still having issues, please contact our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. They can definitely help to further troubleshoot and get things up and running for you.

bfgBellerophon

grouchypants
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by grouchypants on Dec 9, 15 9:16 AM
Only have 4 areas to play game has to be longer then that. Need a fix for this game.

oliversgranny
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by oliversgranny on Dec 9, 15 9:22 AM
Same here
just crashes.
Followed all normal procedures ad reported
what a shame
enjoyed all the others.
This is the 4th game I have had problems with recently
standard seems to be dropping

wendy

otineke
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by otineke on Dec 9, 15 9:23 AM
i cant even get it started, getting the message cant find entrypoint DLL 32 or something

Hoggywizard
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by Hoggywizard on Dec 9, 15 9:26 AM
Hi GrouchyP,
Perhaps I can help. What do you mean by there are only 4 areas to play? What are those 4 areas?

Edited on 12/09/2015 at 11:03:31 AM PST

kimbalion3
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by kimbalion3 on Dec 9, 15 11:54 AM
I only get to the first HOG. When I hit "continue" it freezes then shuts down. When I start again, I have to start over completely, create a new player etc. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I am on a PC with Windows 10.

[Post New]by sftoeire52 on Dec 9, 15 2:04 PM
I've downloaded the game three times so far, but when I hit "play" nothing happens. I really wanted to play this game! Loved the other Christmas Wonderland games. I'm glad I didn't purchase it before I tried it.

Edited on 12/09/2015 at 3:12:10 PM PST

The procedure entry point inet_pton could not be located in the dynamic link library WS2_32.dll

[Post New]by LosAngeHell on Dec 9, 15 4:07 PM
Hi,

I got an error message,

"The procedure entry point inet_pton could not be located in the dynamic link library WS2_32.dll".

I have downloaded and removed Christmas Wonderland 6 four times now. I still keep getting this message. The game tries to launch but halts, then the message appears. Any suggestions to try another way of getting this game to work?

LosAngeHell

covedon
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

The procedure entry point inet_pton could not be located in the dynamic link library WS2_32.dll

[Post New]by covedon on Dec 9, 15 4:31 PM
LosAngeHell wrote:Hi,

I got an error message,

"The procedure entry point inet_pton could not be located in the dynamic link library WS2_32.dll".

I have downloaded and removed Christmas Wonderland 6 four times now. I still keep getting this message. The game tries to launch but halts, then the message appears. Any suggestions to try another way of getting this game to work?

LosAngeHell

I get this exact same message, so there must be something wrong with the executable file for this game. Bummer because I really wanted to play it.

Edited on 12/09/2015 at 4:33:14 PM PST

[Post New]by JCPennys on Dec 9, 15 5:15 PM
I'm having the same problem. Has anyone had any luck?

[Post New]by sftoeire52 on Dec 9, 15 6:11 PM
JCPennys wrote:I'm having the same problem. Has anyone had any luck?

I'm wondering if any of you are using Windows XP. This may be the reason that we're having problems. We need to be able to upgrade to Windows 8.1 or better. I've heard that it was all coming to a head by the end of 2015...looks like it's possibly a bit early. Bummer!!

[Post New]by JCPennys on Dec 9, 15 6:17 PM
I just discovered the same thing when I Googled the Entry Point Not Found error message. Apparently the function inet_pton is not available for Windows XP.

bluejen
Clownfish
Clownfish
702 Posts

[Post New]by bluejen on Dec 9, 15 9:35 PM
I'm playing on a Mac running Mavericks. The demo went fine, but when I used a coupon code to buy the game, it won't open. SOOOO frustrating. No error message or anything. It starts to open and then just shuts down.

Getting tired of sending in help tickets. Probably get another coupon code, but I want to play THIS game. Sigh. Guess Santa had coal for my stocking!

covedon
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by covedon on Dec 10, 15 6:58 AM
sftoeire52 wrote:
JCPennys wrote:I'm having the same problem. Has anyone had any luck?

I'm wondering if any of you are using Windows XP. This may be the reason that we're having problems. We need to be able to upgrade to Windows 8.1 or better. I've heard that it was all coming to a head by the end of 2015...looks like it's possibly a bit early. Bummer!!

I don't know why XP would be a problem because the System Requirements for the game states for the OS (XP, Vista, Windows 7 etc.). So if XP is one of the OS's for the requirements, people with XP should not be having a problem. I think they need to update the executable.

I stopped getting the entry point error after reinstalling the Games Manager, but it still just opens a quick dos box, then closes. I sent a ticket and hopefully someone can help.

otineke
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by otineke on Dec 10, 15 7:21 AM
i keep getting the same message, also have XP

[Post New]by JCPennys on Dec 10, 15 3:44 PM
I sent in a diagnostics report yesterday along with the fact that I'm using Windows XP.
It will take them up to 72 hours to respond. I want to see this Dr. Felix's credentials!

Go to: