A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 12/08/2015 at 6:40:16 AM PST

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Christmas Wonderland 6 here

[Post New]by saphhire on Dec 8, 15 3:17 AM
I purchased this game, cause I loved the others, lucky I used a punch on this one(for I had one that was expiring today) this game is so slow mode. I'm so sorry I didn't try it first. I would of never bought it.........................My opinion not a game for old or fast players..........................just like the others it's all HO's jumbled tiny junk piles............

[Post New]by miss_marigold11 on Dec 8, 15 3:21 AM
A cheerful, colorful game for those with young eyes. Those of us with "not so young" eyes will simply get a headache trying to find the very very tiny objects among the collections of assorted junk. Kids will love it.....grown-ups not so much.

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Dec 8, 15 4:17 AM
This game, while colorful, was not designed for ancient mariners
if you have great eyesight, and don't mind waiting for items to appear, go for it,
i'll pass.
It would be fun to play with small children or grandchildren, but my youngest grandchild is..well i better not say.

[Post New]by els11011 on Dec 8, 15 5:27 AM
I think this game is slightly harder than the others but I'm loving it and I'm old too! I just put my glasses on and I'm fine. These games are great to relax with in between doing the spooky hidden object games which I love too.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Dec 8, 15 6:40 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Christmas Wonderland 6 here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Christmas Wonderland 6.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

Nagster
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by Nagster on Dec 8, 15 6:57 AM
I was able to get through almost half of the game (no skipping or using hints) in Demo mode. Not sure that I want to waste a game credit on such a short game so very similar to all of its predecessors. I'd be willing to pay a discounted price for it.

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Dec 8, 15 8:35 AM
These games have become an annual tradition for me and my daughter. As she gets older she gets better at finding the objects and working the puzzles. This year, my 3 year old son has joined us in the fun (good thing I have a very large monitor!).

The graphics are always so beautiful and the story lines are so quaint and family oriented.

It's a simple and lovely seasonal game that a family can enjoy.

Thank you Casual Arts for keeping with a tradition we treasure.

shripch
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,952 Posts

[Post New]by shripch on Dec 8, 15 9:35 AM
Hespera wrote:These games have become an annual tradition for me and my daughter. As she gets older she gets better at finding the objects and working the puzzles. This year, my 3 year old son has joined us in the fun (good thing I have a very large monitor!).

The graphics are always so beautiful and the story lines are so quaint and family oriented.

It's a simple and lovely seasonal game that a family can enjoy.

Thank you Casual Arts for keeping with a tradition we treasure.

That says it all. Thank you Hespera!!!!! And a big SHOUT OUT to els11011 from another "old" fishie We just put our glasses on

Edited on 12/08/2015 at 9:41:05 AM PST

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Dec 8, 15 12:50 PM
Yep! Reading glasses on and snugged up to the screen. But it's all worth it for this holiday tradition.

I agree some of the items are tiny. But more to the point, scenes are very busy and items are creatively blended so even when fairly sized and in 'plain sight' they are a challenge.

As is typical, there are silhouette items to find. Plus this time it's special Golden Reindeer to collect, multiples in most scenes, some certainly creatively blended. A few interactive/hidden items and zoom windows too. The usual simple cheerful holiday music, irritant to some, holiday cheer to others.

Two difficulty levels, achievements, and presents to buy. Mini games between every level. Although fairly simple, I enjoy them.

The whole series is bright and cheerful holiday fun. Try the demo, perhaps it will find a place in your holiday game collection too.

Edited on 12/09/2015 at 10:42:43 AM PST

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

[Post New]by sartasia on Dec 8, 15 3:19 PM
Nagster wrote:I was able to get through almost half of the game (no skipping or using hints) in Demo mode. Not sure that I want to waste a game credit on such a short game so very similar to all of its predecessors. I'd be willing to pay a discounted price for it.

I think you may have assumed the first map is all you will visit. It is not. This game is quite long and enjoyable. Yes it is very much like the others in the series including the warm weather "Park Ranger" ones which is what makes it a light and fun seasonal tradition. I have purchased all in the series and I can say I'm glad I added it to the collection.

As always...
Try before you buy.

divaprods
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by divaprods on Dec 8, 15 5:49 PM
I found the rest of the game and enjoyed playing it, but, I fail to see what buddahs have to do with Christmas. Devs, please leave them out, I found them offensive and intruding on this wonderful holiday scene.

Edited on 12/08/2015 at 6:27:13 PM PST

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Dec 9, 15 4:54 AM
Happy to see this! I was hoping another would come out for this holiday season. Some of the scenes are really hard, especially when the objects are white on snow! But, with the aid of my magnifying glass, I'm finding most of them and I've found all of the gold deer and the other extra objects. It's certainly not anything taxing, or anything one has to think about...but it's colorful, and fun, and I'm glad to have it!

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Dec 9, 15 6:41 AM
divaprods wrote:I found the rest of the game and enjoyed playing it, but, I fail to see what buddahs have to do with Christmas. Devs, please leave them out, I found them offensive and intruding on this wonderful holiday scene.

Really? It's just a hidden object game. Buddhas have no more to do with Christmas than do cats, arrows, mice, squirrels, or letters of the alphabet. But, I'm glad you enjoyed playing the game, I know I am enjoying it.

dk5793
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,792 Posts

[Post New]by dk5793 on Dec 9, 15 11:54 AM
divaprods wrote:I found the rest of the game and enjoyed playing it, but, I fail to see what buddahs have to do with Christmas. Devs, please leave them out, I found them offensive and intruding on this wonderful holiday scene.

I don't think this is a review, but I could be wrong.

DK

Edited on 12/09/2015 at 12:10:19 PM PST

[Post New]by candyelvis on Dec 12, 15 4:07 AM
I look forward to this game every year. I also like the Park Ranger series. I think they should make more Hidden Object games like this. Not every one likes to go back and forth and have to put things in places from an inventory.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Dec 18, 15 5:22 PM
Good grief...I thought my eyes were going to drop out! Small items hidden among a not very clear and cluttered scenes. Glad I used a credit and didn't pay for this one. Not only were the scene not very sharp, but they were so brightly colored it made it even worse. Music seemed to loop around and all that twinkling was very distracting.

I really didn't enjoy this one, but made it through to the end; good thing it wasn't a very long game. I could see the "short attention span" kids of today walking away from this very quickly.

I give this a 2 out of 5. Gads!

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Dec 18, 15 5:24 PM

How odd, what could be offensive about a Buddha?

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Dec 23, 15 6:21 AM

Offensive and intruding, eh?
Why yes, I think that describes these words quite well.

Go to: