bfgEuphrates
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,152 Posts

New build of Hidden Magic now available!

[Post New]by bfgEuphrates on Nov 2, 09 4:37 PM
Hi Everyone,

We have just received a new build of Hidden Magic that resolves a game play issue which was keeping players from collecting the acorn.

To get the new version, simply uninstall the game from your computer and then reinstall the game from our website. For instructions on how to reinstall the game, click on the link below that will take you to a help article that gives you step by step information:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If you have any trouble installing the new version of the game, please contact our Technical Support team. You can contact our support team by clicking here or by clicking on the "We're here to help" link at the right of this page.

WinonaCook
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,870 Posts

Re:New build of Hidden Magic now available!

[Post New]by WinonaCook on Nov 2, 09 5:23 PM
As usual BFG rocks!!! Thanx for responding to our concerns

rhonayotte
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by rhonayotte on Nov 2, 09 7:08 PM
BFG always comes through. That was FAST! Thanks so much

[Post New]by trainingamy on Nov 2, 09 7:12 PM
Woohoo! Y'all are the best!

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Nov 2, 09 7:19 PM
Oooooo the new Game Manager warning system WORKS! It said to "click here to install" which I assume also did the uninstall. Looking forward to seeing if it really worked (just clicking without uninstalling and then finding the page to download it).

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Nov 2, 09 7:25 PM
Yahoo!!

Audreyfavre
Herring
Herring
385 Posts

[Post New]by Audreyfavre on Nov 2, 09 7:31 PM
Well, maybe I did something wrong, but I uninstalled from the game manager and reinstalled from my BF account and I lost all my progress! I had made it to the advanced mode too!
Audrey

Audreyfavre
Herring
Herring
385 Posts

[Post New]by Audreyfavre on Nov 2, 09 7:37 PM
Ugh! I hate to keep griping and moaning about this game (I do love it!), but now that I have had to start all over from the beginning, the hint system will not work!
Anyone else tried the new build??
Audrey

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Nov 2, 09 8:23 PM
Audreyfave, The hints do not work for the old profile but if you start a new profile the hints then work.

Audreyfavre
Herring
Herring
385 Posts

[Post New]by Audreyfavre on Nov 2, 09 9:23 PM
govegril wrote:Audreyfave, The hints do not work for the old profile but if you start a new profile the hints then work.

Oh! Thanks! I would never have thought of trying that.
Audrey

MeowTsetung
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,752 Posts

[Post New]by MeowTsetung on Nov 2, 09 11:26 PM
Thanks BFG!

HolyCarp
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by HolyCarp on Nov 3, 09 8:31 AM
I see acorns in my future!
thanks bfg!

(edited for the S in thanks...duh )

Edited on 11/03/2009 at 8:32:33 AM PST

cche
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
401 Posts

[Post New]by cche on Nov 3, 09 2:15 PM
Hmmm some have mentioned various troubles with the updated game, but I have been fortunate. I have found the tooth, (and acorn), and my BFG client offered me an update, rather than a re-download. Worked without any hitch. Thanks to both BFG and the authors of the game!

P.S. Hints worked just fine with my old profile. Lost no progress at all.

Edited on 11/03/2009 at 2:17:12 PM PST

[Post New]by charmedrn on Nov 4, 09 12:37 PM
Great game!!! but the re-build still has some glitches. Finally found the acorn and the tooth but further on in the game there are numerous things that will not show up and then it locks up. Am trying ANOTHER re-install to see if this will fix it.

hcopter51
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by hcopter51 on Nov 5, 09 6:51 PM
charmedrn wrote:Great game!!! but the re-build still has some glitches. Finally found the acorn and the tooth but further on in the game there are numerous things that will not show up and then it locks up. Am trying ANOTHER re-install to see if this will fix it.

Too many glitches in this game yet....Guess I will wait...Too bad.....

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Nov 5, 09 7:07 PM
I would like to say that I am now on level 28 of the new build and have encountered zero glitches or problems so far.

Edited on 11/05/2009 at 7:07:54 PM PST

courage27
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by courage27 on Nov 5, 09 9:03 PM
Mine still won't start or work at all. Got a little way in the trial, and then the new build shut things down completely. never had this problem with any other bf game, and different games i've tried since then work fine. i guess the hidden magic is really hidden. still waiting for customer support to provide some possible fixes - free coupon in the meantime though so I am still happy with Big Fish Games.

[Post New]by Red_Panda on Nov 8, 09 12:22 AM
Thanks, BFG! I was so frustrated with the missing acorns. I love the game otherwise. I already finished it once and am playing again. Now I can use all the spells, even those that require acorns.

Lyvia
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by Lyvia on Nov 9, 09 7:40 AM
I was so excited to read this. Having enjoyed the demo, except for the missing acorn, I bought the new build this morning. I uninstalled and reinstalled. I can't believe how many problems I am having. Everything was fine until I got to a battle that had missing items--and trust me, they were missing. I had plenty of time to click on and scrutinize every area of the screen, click on every item that was left. One missing item was a violet bottle. I waited until I died, but then I was back to 45 health points (I guess that was another life), so I quit and then went back in.

I noticed that the "Anna" avatar in the left lower corner was flickering, but thought maybe it had been that way all along and I hadn't noticed. That time, I had all the items and won the level. Which brought me to what should have been the map. Except it's a blank map, just bare "parchment." I've waited a long time and that's still what I had.

So I deleted that player and figured it was better to start over. Under a new player, I started the game over and there was the first scene in the house. Except not a single item fragment I needed was there. I needed them, but they were not there. I tried using a hint and it told me to pick up the mace that wasn't there.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling again, without luck. As I am out of options, I guess I will turn to tech support. Fingers crossed. It's a fantastic game when it works.

Edited on 11/09/2009 at 7:43:57 AM PST

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Nov 9, 09 8:15 AM
I don't think that Advanced mode was tested as thoroughly as it should have been. We're doing a glorified open beta test at present.

I see another buid on the cards.

Go to: