bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Doodle God: Genesis Secrets here!

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Dec 9, 15 5:43 AM
Hi Everyone,

If there's trouble with getting Doodle God: Genesis Secrets to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

In some cases, we can provide a known solution for technical issues in the Forums. In addition, some of our tech savvy pond residents may also swim by with good tips and suggestions. However, we're unable to provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. This is because the Forums are not well suited for the type of information-gathering and troubleshooting that's needed in order to correct issues of this nature.

If you're unable to get a game working properly using our Help pages or the tips posted here, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact Customer Support on the front page of our Help pages section.

Contacting Customer Support will help us to gather necessary information on what types of systems are being affected by the problem and to share this information with the developer in order to work towards a fix.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting Customer Support, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgWaimea

Ayoni5
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Doodle God: Genesis Secrets here!

[Post New]by Ayoni5 on Dec 11, 15 5:02 PM
This is a semi tech issue. As far as I can tell, the "disable repetition" function doesn't work. I have had a number of repeat combinations. It is annoying because 1) the hint buttons offer matches I've made, 2) I've paid mana for the disable repetition and for the hints.
Thanks!

[Post New]by OrionsRose on Dec 11, 15 10:17 PM
I'm having the same issue with disabling repetition function not working.

Edit:
Ok, this may not be a tech issue after all. It seems the function only tells you you have a repetition if it actually made a new thing, NOT if you've merely tried a combo before. So basically, it's a little useless for those of us who can't remember the dozens of combos we've already tried (that didn't result in anything).

I just had an actual tech issue though when trying to shut the game off. The screen froze and after I did Ctrl+Alt+Del it said there was an access error. Didn't note the number though, sorry.

Edited on 12/12/2015 at 6:37:58 PM PST

MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by MoreOver on Dec 13, 15 4:14 AM
OrionsRose wrote:
I just had an actual tech issue though when trying to shut the game off. The screen froze and after I did Ctrl+Alt+Del it said there was an access error. Didn't note the number though, sorry.

I get an access error if I start going lickety split and the game can't keep up with me. Slowing down and being more patient helped a ton.

[Post New]by OrionsRose on Dec 13, 15 2:11 PM
Excellent advice.
I wondered about that too since I was trying to shut down in a hurry (something I don't normally do but even so most games can keep up).

[Post New]by OrionsRose on Dec 15, 15 3:27 PM
Another possible tech issue:
I understood that solid white boxes meant things could be used currently, specifically when dotted and/or blue boxes have been bought. However, I have tried several of my white box items with every other white box item only to come up with nothing. Is this a tech issue or something else I don't understand?

MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by MoreOver on Dec 15, 15 7:14 PM
OrionsRose wrote:Another possible tech issue:
I understood that solid white boxes meant things could be used currently, specifically when dotted and/or blue boxes have been bought. However, I have tried several of my white box items with every other white box item only to come up with nothing. Is this a tech issue or something else I don't understand?

I think the items in the main categories, like earth, life, etc. do not ever change their status. I've finished the quests and none of them had dotted or blue lines around them. It's the new items that you've created that change their status. Took me a while to come to that conclusion. Okay, to be honest, a heck of a long time to figure it out.

[Post New]by OrionsRose on Dec 16, 15 10:08 PM
I would have been inclined to agree with you had it not been for noticing that a few items I started a quest with were never used and had a dotted, and then blue box (when I bought that feature) around them, and at least one of them was from one of those main categories. So now I don't know what to think.

Go to: