Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Immortal Love: Letter from the Past Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Dec 10, 15 12:38 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 12/10/2015 at 6:42:45 AM PST

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Immortal Love: Letter from the Past Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Dec 10, 15 6:23 AM
Nearly 2.30pm UK time and not one review, just half a dozen technical posts which all seem to be connected to Win10 ( I'm so glad I kept Win7). But maybe it's just that no-one likes this game enough to bother writing a review

I can't say I was overly thrilled with it. The graphics weren't as sharp as I would have expected; they had an 'oil painting' quality that took away the clarity, although nice to look at. The story was basically boy meets girl, girl is coveted by another man, you get the picture. There was a lot of shooting going on (which in the current world climate put me off the game a bit) and ghosts floating about (not surprising with all the bullets flying around). To be honest I lost the plot about half way through the game but one thing I did notice; the Count looked like Alan Rickman (Prof Snape in the Harry Potter films).

The HOS were different and the puzzles pretty easy. Collectibles seemed to be random things and I thought I saw a morph once but I could have imagined it. I think there was a map that showed actions to be done and it may have transported but I'm not sure! I didn't look at the SG once during the demo, which lasted 67 minutes. But I didn't seem to be very far into the game when the demo ended. There are 4 modes of play, including custom.

I don't know what to make of this game. I can't see what makes it a CE; maybe the extras are worth the additional cost but for me the main game had no 'wow factor'. The SE will make a nice enough game for a winter afternoon but this CE left me cold.

No technical issues with the demo. Desktop running Win7 Pro 64-bit.

ETA: 10am next day, now over 40 posts in the tech issues thread and almost all of them connected to Win10. Really, really glad I stayed on Win7

Edited on 12/11/2015 at 2:01:26 AM PST

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Immortal Love: Letter from the Past Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by shelterhill on Dec 10, 15 6:26 AM
Downloading the game took a while, but further then that, no tech issues, and i really liked the game, the gameplay was nice, the minigames really easy, but hey, nothing wrong with that once in a while. The graphics are beautiful, and I like the fact that you can change time, to correct the mistake you have made.
HOS were a bit different and nice!
The collectables?? They were there, but very small and in my opinion not all that much, so I might consider the SE, unless a good sale comes along, but I enjoyed this [long!!] demo very much!

Windows 7 home premium 64 bits

Edited on 12/10/2015 at 6:28:20 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Dec 10, 15 6:43 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Immortal Love: Letter From The Past Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Immortal Love: Letter From The Past Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by NancySusan on Dec 10, 15 9:19 AM
I'm kind of on the fence about this one, due to the sort of vast number of anomalies and things that just don't make sense. Everyone has a French name, and the game's set in 1789, putting it smack at the start of the French Revolution and 4 years before the Reign of Terror, but hey, none of that has hit this countryside, where an evil Count forces everyone else to do his bidding, including having elders of some sort approve his wedding to an unwilling young woman in love with Jacques, whom we play (I did like playing a man for a change). Some of the mini-games are nice, the HOP's are varied, and not difficult, there is a time-bending ornament which can allow you to reverse actions. But the women's hair and costume has nothing to do with 1789, and the men look like they're a cross between the 17th and the 18th century except no wigs, no hair tied back. One female ghost keeps floating by dressed in some kind of ruffly thing which has no tie to any era except maybe Walt Disney. Early in the game our hero finds a container of matches -- I bet people in 1789 would have loved to have access to matches, there are newspapers (not broadsides), hand and fingerprinting, and what appears to be a photograph -- where the fair Angelica looks she stepped out of a late 19th century/early 20th century fashion plate, except for the hair which just looks strange. For some reason Jacques looks like a real, albeit hunky person, while Angelica mostly looks like a cartoon. There were collectibles and morphing objects which appear a little later in the demo, nice, but not necessarily enough to tip me over into wanting to buy the CE. I think the story is fun, and a bit fraught for our hero, but tripping over all those objects, clothing and hairstyles that don't belong really was distracting, and I'm most likely not buying, which is too bad because I did like the storyline. Some of the acting was pretty atrocious also. By the way, I still have Windows 8.1 and had no problem either downloading or playing the demo.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Dec 10, 15 2:23 PM
Hi all! Well, we have a very nice game today. I beta tested this on in August...took long enough for it to come out. As always, I review on the game play and let others, who do a much better job, review on the story. The graphics in this one are excellent, very clean and clear. I loved the bright true colors. Game play was excellent, with no problems during the demo at all and it fit my large screen. Animation was well done and movements were very smooth. Voice overs were very well done and showed emotion, fear, comedy, etc., and were age and character appropriate. The one thing I don't care for is the need to choose my dialog. Fortunately it doesn't happen often, but often enough. Sound FX are all quite well done. Music is nice for a change and moves with whatever is happening in the scene at the time.

HOPs are the standard lists and silhouettes so far and are very nicely done. Items are not difficult to find and scenes are pretty clean. Puzzles were not difficult and some were painfully simple, and took no real brain power to complete. Hint system is very helpful, but I did not see that it transports to longer locations. You don't really do that much long distance back tracking. The jump map is easy to follow and areas are well marked. This is the time saver for running to other locations.

The only collectibles I found are 21 morphing items, which are not as easy to spot as you may think. You also have to find 20 portraits, which are small and round and not the usual large picture frame. These are the Count's past wives...he really did go through women quickly! These also are not as easy to find. The collectibles are your challenge and are well done. Haven't found anything else yet.

I really did enjoy this game and even though the story line is very much the same, it was interesting and well done. I find the need to play this out and see where it goes, so yes, I am going to add this one to my collection. I think this game will appeal to all levels of players. I do not automatically give any game 5 stars. A game has to be exceptional in all areas to get that number, and because of the "choose dialog" feature in this one, I downgraded a bit. Still, it's at least a 4.5!

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for his one at all. Thanks for the reviews.

Linochka
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by Linochka on Dec 10, 15 8:21 PM
o.k.,it is interesting and in some way unusual . I hope the rest of the game is as good as demo . Strange but with window 10 I have no problems whatsoever ,so game is not problematic with all 10s . Sorry,it is short ,I am off to buy it

SoggySox
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by SoggySox on Dec 12, 15 3:16 PM
This game is OK and would have been much better (in my opinion) if there wasn't so many cut scenes. I buy games to play the puzzles, mini games and HOPS. I know there will be cut scenes but WOW... seems like every other move there is a cut scene in this game. Would rate it 5 but demoted it to 2. I am so disappointed.

Meganthedog
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by Meganthedog on Dec 14, 15 8:58 AM
I couldn't warm to this one but I think I may be a bit jaded and generally puzzle weary. The premise was chick flick meets gargoyles with Groundhog Day thrown in minus the humour. Too many cut scenes and too slow at the start to get any kind of grip on you. It's a shame but I can only rate it as average.

gwenofala
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by gwenofala on Feb 17, 16 9:13 AM
What I like best about this game is that you get to KEEP your tools ! You keep the matches and the knife When you need to remove screws you can use the knife which is what anyone would do anyway ! It aggravates me when playing games when you have a knife to remove screws and it kicks that out so you can walk around looking for a screwdriver ! Great game ! I also love that it doesn't have a fancy shmancy cut scene every 5 minutes ! The only thing I would really like to see is more of your basic HOS whatever happened to those ? Searching for good games to play I came across this gem downloaded the trial and 15 minutes into the game I knew I had to have it Happy Gaming every one !

Go to: