bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Wisegal

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Nov 4, 09 12:05 AM
Patty Montanari was a Wisegal for the mob in New York City until she decided to pursue a better life for her three sons, and quit. After living a quiet life in Florida, her son has received a mysterious letter from his childhood friend, Angela Pastone. Nino quietly travels back to New York, and to the dangerous crime family his mother left behind long ago. Prevent Nino from following in his mother’s footsteps in this Hidden Object game.

Re:Wisegal

[Post New]by flyingsquirrely on Nov 4, 09 12:42 AM
Deleted

Edited on 01/06/2010 at 7:38:21 PM PST

Staril
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

[Post New]by Staril on Nov 4, 09 1:31 AM
I basically agree with flyingsquirrely's review of this. I would also add that I hate the scenes where you have to find the location of a photo. It's a nice idea that has been done before, but the photos are of very small blank areas and I just gave up on the whole game when I found the second set of them in the dressing room. Also, when you have to click to continue for the dialog the text appears at the top and bottom of the screen and you have to move your mouse between them to click on the individual next button ... very irritating and very sore on the eyes when you have a large screen. Another strange minus point is that on the "spot the difference" scenes you can only click on one side ... the present scene ... and not on both. I've never seen that done before.

Having said that, the objects to be found are relevant ones and of appropriate sizes to the scene. That does make it difficult to find and click on earrings and rings etc.

In many ways, it is a good looking game but just has too many minus points for me to consider it.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Nov 4, 09 2:08 AM
I loved this! Great graphics/music. Yes I agree about the notes/photos. But there were different objects - not looked for prayer cards before - and the attention to detail was superb. The logo on the grocery bags was the same on the store. I'd like to know how long it is and whether it has any replay value, but thoroughly enjoyed the demo.

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Nov 4, 09 2:19 AM
I lasted all of 10 minutes before uninstalling. Boring, uneventful and monotonous....nothing new about this game. All those dialogue boxes drive me nuts. But as we've had a couple of weeks of good HOG/adventure games from BFG, can't expect them all to be out of the top drawer!

nwr1948x
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,360 Posts

[Post New]by nwr1948x on Nov 4, 09 2:26 AM
anyone else having problems with this game flickering ?

kkbodine
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by kkbodine on Nov 4, 09 3:02 AM
This game was horrible for me. Some of the objects are so small and very hard to find. The scenes are repititious, cycling through about 8 I think. The story line was unbelieveable, who looks for butterflies when their son is missing? This one was, at best, just so so and very much a no go.

flo314ca
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by flo314ca on Nov 4, 09 3:07 AM
I also had to stop playing this demo before it was over. It was extremely boring and repetitive. I didn't have too much trouble finding the objects, but going back and forth through the same rooms got to be too much with the fast zooming.

What finally did me in was one too many of the camera searches. If you're not exact, it won't let you take the picture. That and having to click on the Next button exactly too.

Well at least there's one game I won't be spending money on! My wallet can rest for a day!

spiritc
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by spiritc on Nov 4, 09 4:24 AM
Everything was going great until purchased the game. Cannot find last three "bugs" in kitchen. Hint only tells me to look in another location. Any suggestions??

Edited on 11/04/2009 at 4:25:25 AM PST

[Post New]by chrissy_babi on Nov 5, 09 2:03 PM
spiritc wrote:Everything was going great until purchased the game. Cannot find last three "bugs" in kitchen. Hint only tells me to look in another location. Any suggestions??

Hiya i have the same problem...have u managed to work it out?

Thanks

corbs123
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,701 Posts

[Post New]by corbs123 on Nov 7, 09 2:32 AM
yes constant flickering very annoying. dont like the taking pictures bit found it hard. moving from room to room so quickly gets on your nerves after a while. found game slow and not very interesting but perhaps it will suit some.the plus side was the hint button replenished quickly very handy as i used it a lot.

[Post New]by ukcopper1top on Nov 12, 09 3:02 PM
Hi was enjoying game but now it wont let me pick up dirty footprints so am stuck any ideas

jojo170968
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by jojo170968 on Nov 18, 09 1:38 PM
Had to uninstall due to a glich in the game. Trying to get the cursor to the bottom of the screen to take a photo but it just wouldnt budge, tried everything even new batteries in my mouse.
I agree with the comments on this game being monotonous, repetitive and boring. HOG's can be so much more than this.

Not recommended

[Post New]by prettyinpink964 on Jun 27, 11 7:33 PM
chrissy_babi wrote:
spiritc wrote:Everything was going great until purchased the game. Cannot find last three "bugs" in kitchen. Hint only tells me to look in another location. Any suggestions??

Hiya i have the same problem...have u managed to work it out?

Thanks

I just bought this and now can't move past this level keeps telling me to look in another location, how did you pass it?

tulsachic
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by tulsachic on Jun 26, 12 7:34 PM
Everything was okay and now I have purchased this game and I am STUCK... Won't let me pick up the body outline, at the foot of the stairs under the bridge... @###$$^&& oops sry I feel better now... lol...

tulsachic
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by tulsachic on Jun 26, 12 7:36 PM
Anyone have any suggestions??? I have reloaded and everything... So far nothing...Thanks...

Go to: