icema_
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

anyone else save Diamonds?

[Post New]by icema_ on Dec 10, 15 5:22 PM
Curious if anyone else saves their diamonds? Dunno why I do, Did the same thing on my first game (before I GAVE my new laptop a drink of beer , Now I'm doing it again....Maybe time to see Da fuzzy guys in the white coats, Ya think

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

Re:anyone else save Diamonds?

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Dec 10, 15 5:33 PM
Yes, don't know why............was SO hard to get them when I first started this game......now its like pulling teeth to let go. What am I saving them for?

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Dec 10, 15 5:38 PM
I save mine too. Way back when I was doing the regular Daily Quests, I used diamonds to recall the airship for the quests. But the more I did that, the more the quests asked to send the airship. I waved the white flag and decided not to do that anymore.

I am enjoying all the diamonds dropping though. I have never had as many diamonds as I do now.

Gingerlily
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by Gingerlily on Dec 10, 15 6:00 PM
Same here! I have 1550 of them. I suppose I could use them to buy eggs and craft the pets I havent got yet. Splurge them all with one glorious whoop!

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on Dec 10, 15 6:12 PM
SAVE EM' I DO TOO........and everything else for all that goes......especially when there is an event happening........save save save....till the next update....and round and round again......!!! **D@NgeR** out

dw1457
Herring
Herring
301 Posts

[Post New]by dw1457 on Dec 10, 15 6:26 PM
Mostly I like to save.....but after a few good tournament wins I rewarded myself with 4 or 5 blood lotus I needed to open the flower. I felt so joyous (and almost a little naughty) buying one rather than using my inventory to open the binding egg. Now I'm back to saving.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Dec 10, 15 7:03 PM
Yep, I save the diamonds....used a boatload to get the Market Master (purchasing simple pet food at 1 diamond per medallion)....then we get an achievement for purchasing pet food.....argh! ---- so, when the regular quests come back, I will "craft" the pet food when it says to craft 3, 4, or 5 items.....and use diamonds for the medallions to craft the pet food some more so I can get the Food Frenzy achievement.

But, for now, I collect them and hoard them.......getting a BUNCH from the ever generous Christmas event!

[Post New]by BlazeDuskdreamer on Dec 11, 15 8:06 AM
I'm saving mine for when the tournaments start again. There's simply no other way I'll make that top 100 achievement except for that and even then it's looking doubtful. Will take lucky spins on the wheel that I never get.

Diane8722
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by Diane8722 on Dec 11, 15 8:18 AM
I am not just saving but "hoarding" LOL. I only use them on rare occasions. There are a couple of items in the crafting that are much "cheaper" than they should be... I always buy those rather than visiting several ZZ sites and using up numerous HOS items. That and maybe the tourney if it comes back with no cheating...

I earned over five hundred during the fall event. Having trouble with the snowflakes on Android platform so unable to collect as many as I could/should with the new winter event. Am glad to have the event tho, so cannot complain too much... Well I could but I should not LOL

robB1
Minnow
Minnow
224 Posts

[Post New]by robB1 on Dec 11, 15 9:41 AM
I save everything.

I blew a load of inventory to get shards the other night. Reduced my stocks of various things to about 240 each. Killed me, it did.

Musikfrosch
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by Musikfrosch on Dec 11, 15 10:27 AM
I save for a while... until I break down, usually because many quests in a row ask for the same items or to ensure I can get a pet that's only available for a limited time. I think my maximum savings were 360 diamonds. I'm trying to strike the right balance and not spend them willy-nilly but using them to keep the game from getting frustrating.

lady566
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by lady566 on Dec 11, 15 1:09 PM
I saved up my jewels until my level 66 game crashed on December 7th. Had about 1500 of them. Now everything is gone. Moral of the story--if you got them use them.

_G4il_
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,426 Posts

[Post New]by _G4il_ on Dec 11, 15 1:14 PM
lady566 wrote:I saved up my jewels until my level 66 game crashed on December 7th. Had about 1500 of them. Now everything is gone. Moral of the story--if you got them use them.

Ouch! Can't Customer Support get them back for you?

lady566
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by lady566 on Dec 11, 15 1:19 PM
Put in report on December 7th. All I have received is an auto reply. The jewels are the least of my problems. All of my inventory is gone and game is reset to level one and unplayable.

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Dec 11, 15 1:19 PM
That's a quadruple OUCH from me. I've been playing 2 years and don't have close to that number. I agree, give Customer Support a whirl. You might be surprised at what they can do.

lady566
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by lady566 on Dec 11, 15 1:36 PM
I have started another game from scratch, but I will never save like last time. This time will play on an as needed basis and no turning inventory into shards for Trina.

wishtar
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
446 Posts

[Post New]by wishtar on Dec 11, 15 2:45 PM
I used to never use them. I was saving them for tough quests that wanted 24 of the same thing. LOL Now I use them to gift people items they need that I don't have and for this and that during the game. LOVE using them to gift younger players that are on lower levels. It makes me feel good!!
Eliana

Astra02
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

[Post New]by Astra02 on Dec 11, 15 4:17 PM
I'm saving mine, but when the Winter Event ends, I'll be doing the Pet Medallion/Crafting Pet Food trick. Hopefully that will give the Market Master achievement, the Master Crafter achievement, and the Pet Medallion achievement all at once, as well as getting me enough medallions to craft the last of the "regular" pets. I doubt I'll have leftover diamonds after that, but if I do, they'll go into the tournament.

Edited on 12/11/2015 at 4:18:00 PM PST

c0c0_nuts
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by c0c0_nuts on Dec 11, 15 6:14 PM
I use to save my diamonds. Occasionally, I would spend some of them in tournaments and in certain quests. Now, I spend them to complete multi-part daily quests quicker and at the dice table to earn the avatars quicker, but I don't go below a certain number.

[Post New]by BoomchuckPxyNiki on Dec 11, 15 7:55 PM
I've been pretty conservative in using them, though I do use them. My biggest frustration, though, just happened 2 minutes ago when I went to lay my water bottle down on my side table, and apparently my laptop mouse was positioned over the pet "wake up with 150 diamonds" link, and when I straightened up, I found that...

I'd woken up a pet for 150 diamonds--a pet for which I didn't even have enough food items to even feed it!

I wish there were some kind of "are you sure you want to spend this many diamonds?" pop-up for buy-outs over, say, 10 diamonds. That would help prevent gut-wrenching mistakes like that. ARGH!

Go to: