What language is this? are you kidding me?

[Post New]by BarbaraFish on Nov 4, 09 12:33 AM
i was about to buy this game, until i noticed it is not in English. WTF Big Fish!!!

naedebpat
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

Re:What language is this? are you kidding me?

[Post New]by naedebpat on Nov 4, 09 12:43 AM
I agree, it looks Japanese to me!

insanewife
Flounder
Flounder
2,236 Posts

[Post New]by insanewife on Nov 4, 09 1:01 AM
Here's some GOOD NEWS for you. I just found out that if you click on the try this game button above it comes up in english.

sunnny
Manatee
Manatee
3,945 Posts

[Post New]by sunnny on Nov 4, 09 2:15 AM
I clicked on try this game, downloaded and it is still in !@#$%?
language!
I bet someone in had a birthday and after a bunch
of & thought it might be a good joke
I hope they will sleep it of.................

bootsie21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,188 Posts

[Post New]by bootsie21 on Nov 4, 09 2:19 AM
Saw this too LOL.

[Post New]by Linny3452 on Nov 4, 09 3:43 AM
Is this for real, how can you play this game. is somebody sleeping at fish?

momcasual
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by momcasual on Nov 4, 09 5:57 AM
insanewife wrote:Here's some GOOD NEWS for you. I just found out that if you click on the try this game button above it comes up in english.

I cannot locate the "try this game" button above anywhere???? Can you help, Thanks so much,
Diana

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 4, 09 6:01 AM
Please keep in mind that it's 6am at Big Fish. I'm sure this will be fixed shortly.

Sablesshadow
Manatee
Manatee
4,347 Posts

[Post New]by Sablesshadow on Nov 4, 09 6:58 AM
Yay!!! I've always wanted to be bilingual! lol

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Nov 4, 09 7:05 AM
Hi Everybody!!

The problem with the Daily Deal will be fixed as soon as possible. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank You!

Margie B

thecatspjs
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by thecatspjs on Nov 4, 09 8:02 AM
If it was April, I would have thought this was a not-so-funny April Fool's joke. Come on, BF, you can do better than this!

bfgEuphrates
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,152 Posts

[Post New]by bfgEuphrates on Nov 4, 09 8:39 AM
Ohayou Gozaimasu Fishies!

Our Japanese site launched their first Daily Deal last night, so it seems that their Daily Deal was switched with our English version. I apologize for any confusion with Abra Academy being in Japanese and want to assure you all that our engineering team is working on fixing the link presently.

Thank you all for your patience!

bfgEuphrates

[Post New]by okletmewin12 on Nov 4, 09 9:20 AM
bfgEuphrates wrote:Ohayou Gozaimasu Fishies!

Our Japanese site launched their first Daily Deal last night, so it seems that their Daily Deal was switched with our English version. I apologize for any confusion with Abra Academy being in Japanese and want to assure you all that our engineering team is working on fixing the link presently.

Thank you all for your patience!

bfgEuphrates

Ohayou Gozaimasu bfgEuphrates

Domo arrigato

dcubed
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by dcubed on Nov 4, 09 9:38 AM
Now it has a Match 3 game for the daily deal? It's Apple Pie. I'm disappointed because I was so looking forward to the Abra Academy .

[Post New]by okletmewin12 on Nov 4, 09 9:49 AM
dcubed wrote:Now it has a Match 3 game for the daily deal? It's Apple Pie. I'm disappointed because I was so looking forward to the Abra Academy .

yeah but Apple Pie was likely what we were supposed to get all along, the abra academy game was supposed to be on the japan site, and i assume until fixed, japanese site had english version of apple pie

i don't remember seeing it, but i certainly haven't seen all of the daily deals, but some other fishies mentioned we already had abra academy as the daily deal, too bad i missed it if that's the case, i likely would have bought it in english

but also, i've seen picman, or one of the mods, comment that once in awhile you will see a repeat on the daily deal for a game that was already offered ... maybe we'll both get lucky and that will happen with Abra Academy

rainbowtree
Guppy
Guppy
125 Posts

[Post New]by rainbowtree on Nov 4, 09 9:50 AM
Looks like there was a goof and the daily deal was offered in Japanese. It has been changed to Apple Pie. However, Big Fish Games has excellent support as per personal experience. If you had your heart set on Abra Academy, contact customer support via Live Chat. I am confident they will allow purchase of the English Version today at the Daily Deal price.

rainbowtree
Guppy
Guppy
125 Posts

[Post New]by rainbowtree on Nov 4, 09 10:07 AM
Just contacted Customer Support to verify the information in my previous post. Here is their response.

"Thanks for coming into chat today. We do always want to do everything that we can to help with matters like this, but unfortunately we don't have any way here in Customer Support to allow folks to buy Abra Academy for the $2.99 price. I wish we could! Unfortunately, the only game that can be purchased today for that price is Apple Pie. I am very sorry for the inconvenience.

Again, I am very sorry about that and I wish that we had the power to change the prices for you guys like that. Unfortunately, it's quite a complicated process, to offer prices other than the normal ones. That falls into the realm of the folks in charge of our website and the folks in charge of Ecommerce. The only other thing I'd say is to keep your eyes peeled in case we offer Abra Academy for that special price again sometime down the road (it was offered on the Daily Deal in July, but those may rotate someday)."

dcubed
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by dcubed on Nov 4, 09 10:56 AM
rainbowtree, thank you so much for contacting customer support! I hope they do another HOG tomorrow - or an adventure game. Those are the two genres that I play with my kids.

I showed them the Abra Academy and we were all excited to play it - we are on our last adventure game and have finished all the hogs we have. I can't afford to buy too many $7 games, so I wait for the daily deals .

bfgEuphrates
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,152 Posts

[Post New]by bfgEuphrates on Nov 4, 09 11:09 AM
Hi Everyone,

We've been listening to all your feedback and have set up Abra Academy as a second Daily Deal for TODAY ONLY. This code will only be valid for today, November 4, 2009.

So, our Chat Team didn't have this information earlier, but will be able to set you up with this discount if you contact them now.

Since we do not allow coupon codes to be publicly posted on the forums, you'll need to PM our Promotions account or write into our Customer Support team. Please be aware that there might be a delay if you e-mail our Customer Support team, so you can also use Live Chat if you're a Game Club Member.

Here is the account you'll need to Private Message to receive the Daily Deal code:

bfgForumPromos

Happy gaming!

bfgEuphrates

dcubed
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by dcubed on Nov 4, 09 12:10 PM
We did this and are happily finding objects now! Thank you so much for doing this for your customers! I really appreciate it .

Go to: