bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Wisegal comments and reviews

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Nov 4, 09 1:12 AM
Here is what our reviewer thought of Wisegal. Post your own thoughts about the game in this thread and join the conversation! Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Comments:
Wisegal is based on the movie of the same name. You play as Patti Montanari, former mob courier, who has to return to New York to search for her missing son Nino and runs smack into the middle of a turf war between the Italian mob and the Russian mob. Search for clues in your old stomping grounds as you try to locate your missing son and find clues and info that will help the FBI stop the turf war. This is a pretty straightforward hidden object game, with some spot the difference levels thrown in as well as some where you have to find specific things to take pictures of or place listening devices on. The story and the dialogue is pretty well-written, and the locations are realistically designed. One drawback is that the dialogue windows are on opposite sides of the screen, top and bottom, but ‘next’ needs to be clicked in each window to advance the story which makes for some unnecessary mouse navigating that some players may find mildly annoying. All in all though it is a decent addition to the hidden object library.

Game Modes:
Wisegal has no timed mode.

Depth:
This is a medium to long game in length, should take most players several hours to complete it.

Similar to:
Wisegal is similar to The Tudors and Righteous Kill.

Difficulty level:
This is a great game for the beginner hidden object player. Experienced players may find it a little on the easy side, but an interesting ride.

Reviewed by R.R.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

Re:Wisegal comments and reviews

[Post New]by bribling on Nov 4, 09 2:51 AM
This game is apparently based on a movie. It might be detrimental to the movie if it gives too much of the story away. You can access some info about the movie on the Main menu. I am unfamiliar with the movie so I don't know if it is recent or maybe an older film.

This game has nice graphics. Each scene seems to have at least two different lists of objects to find. Some objects are easy and others a little harder to find. Some objects are very small.

Hints renew rapidly, almost no waiting. One drawback is that the item is shown very briefly so if you are looking in the wrong spot, you will miss the hint.

Two things that kill this game for me (because i don't like them, a personal preference) are the Spot the Differences scenes and the Photo scenes. I am always bad at the Spot the Diffs but in this game they are not too hard and and you can use Hints if you need them. The Photo game goes like this: you are given a series of negatives and you must, using your viewfinder, match them in the scene. This is sometimes difficult. The negative could be of a wide scene or a very tiny spot. Again, you can use Hints. When I got to the third instance of IDing the negatives i was done. I just found that tiresome. Add in the Spot the Differences and the tiny objects and they lost a sale to me.

Still, this is not a bad game. It is a standard HOG with minis that should appeal to many. The story is OK, will the lady save her son? Play it through to find out.

twentz
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by twentz on Nov 4, 09 3:59 AM
Thanks for your comments. They help very much. Keep up the good work!!

prchalpn
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,132 Posts

[Post New]by prchalpn on Nov 4, 09 4:20 AM
Found this game abit on the boring side. Didn't finish demo. But I hope everyone else enjoys it.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Nov 4, 09 4:52 AM
I didn't finish the demo, it finished me, put me to sleep I think while trying to focus on the negatives. Or the music, mesmerizing. A year ago I would have bought it right away but I guess I've become jaded after so many blockbusters.

That is to say, average to hox hum, not fair to compare to others maybe. It looks nice on the screen, tastefull but first hangup for me was small objects/ Lots of random clicks, wild guesses and didn't need many hints. Hints were more difficult to see than the items, it;s a blue ring that flashes around item so fast you don't see it if looking at other part of screen. Better have good peripheral vision or you miss it, have to wait and ask again on reload.

Entering other rooms is ok just getting zoomed thru a door so no waiting to load next scene. The strange thing to me tho was the items asked for, broken this, torn that, half of something, nothing was whole. Wonder why, half a pepper x2, even the rose was "dried rose". Hard to tell a broken bottle from a whole one or a broken lamp. Rings and earrings, just start looking for a speck somewhere and try clicking. Maybe all the broken and torn things are for puzzles later on, but there is no inventory to save or add to.

So not a game for squinters. If you like all random clicks and hints or 10 torn pieces of something over and over you just rounded up in the last scene again, you may like visiting each room and following a story and dialog.. A game that puts me to sleep staring too long in a demo isn't for me. Sorry I didn't see more of it to report more. Let me know if she finds her son, not worth a credit to find out myself.

kayjay97
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by kayjay97 on Nov 4, 09 5:16 AM
Wow...... there is boring and then there is ZZZ...... I managed to play till the last 11 minutes of the demo. I finally just got tired of going to the same places and looking for the same things it seemed like over and over. Will she find her son? Don't know but honestly, I don't plan on buying it to find out

Edited on 11/04/2009 at 5:18:15 AM PST

Poppa47
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,489 Posts

[Post New]by Poppa47 on Nov 4, 09 5:18 AM
The same type of objects are sought after time after time. How many broken bottles can one game have? The photo negative stuff gets old too. Am I the only one who thinks none of the Italians look Italian? This game is ok to do a demo but never a purchase. I'm starting to understand why some of the fish are complaining in the main forum about too many HOGs. I am a devotee of HOGs but quite a few of them lately just stink out loud and Wisegal is one of them.

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Nov 4, 09 6:05 AM
yeh..played this on another site the other day....nothing to write home about.. .

spunkypunk
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by spunkypunk on Nov 4, 09 6:18 AM
Poppa47 wrote:The same type of objects are sought after time after time. How many broken bottles can one game have? The photo negative stuff gets old too. Am I the only one who thinks none of the Italians look Italian? This game is ok to do a demo but never a purchase. I'm starting to understand why some of the fish are complaining in the main forum about too many HOGs. I am a devotee of HOGs but quite a few of them lately just stink out loud and Wisegal is one of them.

I agree- Boring, stupid, not for me

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Nov 4, 09 7:02 AM
I'm glad to know that I wasn't the only one to find it boring. I stopped playing the game with about 30 minutes left in the demo. Many of the objects were too small and I didn't care to have to click "next" after every comment that was made. I would have purchased the game a year or two ago just to see how it ended, but I've had more experience playing HOG's and this game is simply not worth it. I will say the scenery is nice.

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Nov 4, 09 7:03 AM
What a shame that this game is so boring.

The graphics are spectacular and the colours come alive.

Disappointed.

irishlou
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by irishlou on Nov 4, 09 7:29 AM
Is it laziness on the part of the developers?? Broken bottle x 2 - Ripped paper x 7 - Candles x 2 - scattered clothing etc, etc., in scene after scene. Sorry, game too boring for me.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Nov 4, 09 8:03 AM
I guess that's what happens when you don't toss in the boomerangs, snakes, lizards, spiders, cellphones, bat x 2 s and bows x 3 LOL. There's not much left to work with but scraps of paper and broken debris. Oh sorry, there was one broken chair I almost missed because it wasn't doll size.

SoHoGirl
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by SoHoGirl on Nov 4, 09 8:05 AM
I found this to be quite simple and boring. I did not even finish the demo. I suppose if someone is new to these types of games then it would be enjoyable for them, but to me it just made me want to go read a book.

heidie0
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by heidie0 on Nov 4, 09 8:31 AM
I was so bored with this game. Redundant does not even begin to describe it. Having to constantly be told go here go there was very annoying and I felt like I should have been on a space ship with the music (which literally drove me to insanity after awhile). I did not finish the demo, just could not take it anymore. Poorly placed items made too small or blending in too well with background was frustrating. And who takes photos of bench slats when they are in a park their son used to play in? Anyway, BF I am sorry, but this one just has to go.

Edited on 11/04/2009 at 8:33:07 AM PST

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Nov 4, 09 8:47 AM
I forgot to mention all those pieces of paper. In other games this usually ends with a jigsaw (I like those) but not in this game. I found lots of pieces of paper but never had to piece them together

rita9720
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by rita9720 on Nov 4, 09 8:48 AM
HORRIBLE!!!!!

This game is far from the usual BF standards.

catlady4
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by catlady4 on Nov 4, 09 9:14 AM
objects EASY to find but extremely BORING game and music totally sucks!

samwise50
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by samwise50 on Nov 4, 09 9:40 AM
Well, there was no sound. I played without anyway. Sooooo boring. Nothing challenging, pieces of paper or whatever else to gather. You don't even have to figure out where to go. I didn't wait for pictures to take or differences to find. I'll keep my credit.

KitKat5169
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,099 Posts

[Post New]by KitKat5169 on Nov 4, 09 9:58 AM
Wow, that's a resounding "NO" and I'm right there with you. Thought the graphics were good. I, too, am really lousy at photos and find the difference items (or is it that I just down right don't like them) and there seems to be plenty of them, although much easier than the usual. Regarding hints, they replenish so fast you could actually play the game just with them. If the subject matter was different, I would have suggested for children...but obviously that's out.

Go to: