JanRG
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

Resource boats in between cities

[Post New]by JanRG on Dec 11, 15 6:42 AM
Has anyone built these resource centers for boats, and did you find them valuable in doing so?

cici0703
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

Resource boats in between cities

[Post New]by cici0703 on Dec 11, 15 8:11 AM
JanRG wrote:Has anyone built these resource centers for boats, and did you find them valuable in doing so?

I did back in the beginning, think the last one I built was in Paris. They are helpful if you are only short a few thousand of a resource. But I usually find it's 10s if not hundreds of thousands of resources needed to move past a section of a city. Shipping resources is a little slow going, unless you upgrade your ports to be able to send more resources. I will usually try to finish helping hands to collect the resources I need.

Hope this helps!

~CiCi

Loonz111
Clownfish
Clownfish
876 Posts

Re:Resource boats in between cities

[Post New]by Loonz111 on Dec 11, 15 9:06 AM
I've built all the ports (I'm in New Orleans now) and upgraded them fully. I keep shipping all the time, it has helped me to avoid buying some of those helping hand cards. At times they are ridiculously expensive.
The ports grade up to shipping 15,000 at a time, shipping costs 4 hours. Where i am now, that means 8 boats with a total of 120,000 two times a day.

Edited on 12/11/2015 at 9:09:11 AM PST

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Dec 11, 15 10:22 AM
Yes,I built all the ports and the ability to ship 15000 at a time from all the previous ports was needed to get past the first building in Seoul! OK, it took a couple of days but while that was happening I just went back to previous unfinished cities and stacked up some coins.

JanRG
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by JanRG on Dec 11, 15 4:46 PM
Thank you all for your input, it was appreciated. I'm in Paris where I need lots of gems, needless to say it is slow going. Will have to play a hand that requires lots of gold.

Loonz111
Clownfish
Clownfish
876 Posts

[Post New]by Loonz111 on Dec 12, 15 5:04 AM
From Paris onward it became increasingly difficult to build the first buildings, and buying those HH became necessary. But with the constant shipping, later on in the cities I could ignore those cards...

NeenaL60
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

[Post New]by NeenaL60 on Dec 12, 15 9:58 AM
JanRG the debate whether ports/resource centers are worth it or not is as old as the game! It's an individual's preference... I think we all agree replaying the levels is a great way to accumulate resources, of course you don't get extra coins but it's an easy and fast way to get resources. You also can "speed up" a boatload of resources for an extra 10 coins and advoid the long 4hr shipping time, I would NOT do this very often as it will add up quickly and make sure the load is max limit-15,000.

dk413
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
469 Posts

[Post New]by dk413 on Dec 13, 15 2:03 PM
I have just started NOL .I have built ports in all the cities so far and have found them useful. From Sydney to Rome,the shipping was going as it should. The closer a city was the less time it took for the boat to arrive.Once I hit Berlin that changed, now every city takes the same amount of time no matter how close it is. Thought it was just a glitch in Berlin but it is the same for New Orleans. Just another ploy to urge us to spend money and make it more difficult. I am playing on a PC. On the verge of leaving this game but BF as well.The way they treat their PC customers is inexcusable.

Go to: