skpjazz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
491 Posts

Windows 10 Display Setting of 125% fixed the Black Box Issue

[Post New]by skpjazz on Dec 11, 15 9:35 AM
I'm posting this in a separate thread, so that anyone who has Window 10 and the "Black Box" issue, and didn't read this in the tech issue thread....might be helped to fix their problem. I can't take credit for the fix...you'll have to find it in the tech thread...(after I started writing this, I forgot who posted it, but I will thank that person later!).
Setting the display to 125% worked for me, but from what I read, it MAY not help every win 10 user.
Last week, I purchased a new PC with Windows 8.1 pre-installed, with the option of a free upgrade to Win 10. My old computer had Win XP, so I spent this week, learning and adapting to the MANY changes from XP to 8.1. and, of course, making sure I had no issues with my BF games. Everything was GREAT!
So....when Microsoft notified me that they were ready to download Windows 10 (if I wanted it), I was hesitant at first, knowing that there were potential issues with the games. But, when I was re-assured that IF I didn't like Win 10, I could go back to 8.1, I thought why not try it. Last night after the Win 10 upgrade was installed, the first thing I did was to try the demo of Immortal Love, pressed Play, and the black box on 1/3rd of my screen appeared with the little blue circle going round and round AND round! I immediately went to the tech issues thread, and kept reading about the same issues with Win 10, and kept on reading and came across the suggestion to simply change the display setting. I couldn't believe it, the game opened up and I had no problems!
Before I write a book here, I would like to know if there is a "computer savvy" person who has Win 10, who could send me a PM and present a case FOR or AGAINST Windows 10. (Already, I discovered that "Dragon" (that came on my PC) won't work on 10, and I was just starting to have fun with it.
I would appreciate any help in deciding whether to keep Win 10 or not. Thanks!

KCErin
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

Re:Windows 10 Display Setting of 125% fixed the Black Box Issue

[Post New]by KCErin on Dec 11, 15 11:17 AM
Thanks for sharing this. It worked. Here is what I found after doing the change:

- After restarting, I tried the game. It started great except that the screen had black bars, so the picture was small.
- I tried to change to 'widescreen' but this made things worse.
- I exited and restarted the game. This time it was perfect - full screen.
- I'm enjoying the game, but would love an update so the display does not need to be changed each time.

NOTE: You need to change the display back to 100% for other games/apps to work correctly.

[Post New]by bittykitty on Dec 11, 15 3:04 PM
tried both and when I go to click off and restart mine says it is a memory problem or something like that. This is very frustrating!!!

MarnieRose
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by MarnieRose on Dec 12, 15 5:03 AM
bittykitty wrote:tried both and when I go to click off and restart mine says it is a memory problem or something like that. This is very frustrating!!!

I'm having the same problem. Changing my display setting didn't work for me & I'm also frustrated because it looks like a good game!

[Post New]by Lordshandmaiden on Feb 4, 16 12:56 PM
Yeah, this and all the other tips and tricks didn't work for me. Guess I have to try to find another game.

Go to: