Game doesn't work

[Post New]by leonor on Nov 4, 09 1:24 PM
hi all,

i´m having a problem, when i start the game it gives me this message

level'level_16-2-1' not exist

and then this one

Error: Access violation at 0x004D9920 ( tried to read from 0x 0000004C ), program terminated.

Does anyone know how can I solve this?

Thx.

Re:Game doesn't work

[Post New]by gamineannie on Nov 4, 09 4:06 PM
I'd like to know the answer to this one, too. My game apparently caused an access violation last time I quit (I got the horrid blue screen of death) and won't start at all now. I get another access violation notice. Guess we'll have to wait til the authors fix this bug, too!

Edited on 11/04/2009 at 4:07:35 PM PST

dlb628
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by dlb628 on Nov 5, 09 5:14 PM
I emailed tech support, and this is the advice I got that worked:

"1) From your desktop select My Computer
2) From the menu at the top select Tools>Folder Options and open the ‘View’ tab
3) In the list provided, certain the option to “Show hidden files and folders” is selected. Then, click OK.

4) Next, navigate to the following location in that same window you've opened.

C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME (this is whatever you are currently logged in to your system with)\Application Data\Dekovir\Hidden Magic\_save

5) In that folder you should see file(s) related to any profiles(s) you may have created earlier. Delete or move those to the trash can.
6) Try playing the game again!"

He went on to say if that didn't work it was probably either because of a bug in the game or a game incompatibility with my system.

Word_Dudely
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by Word_Dudely on Nov 5, 09 5:25 PM
dlb628 wrote:I emailed tech support, and this is the advice I got that worked:

"1) From your desktop select My Computer
2) From the menu at the top select Tools>Folder Options and open the ‘View’ tab
3) In the list provided, certain the option to “Show hidden files and folders” is selected. Then, click OK.

4) Next, navigate to the following location in that same window you've opened.

C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME (this is whatever you are currently logged in to your system with)\Application Data\Dekovir\Hidden Magic\_save

5) In that folder you should see file(s) related to any profiles(s) you may have created earlier. Delete or move those to the trash can.
6) Try playing the game again!"

He went on to say if that didn't work it was probably either because of a bug in the game or a game incompatibility with my system.

There's an even easier way to get there (without enabling hidden files).

1. Open Internet Explorer
2. Copy and paste the following into the URL field

\Documents and Settings\%username%\Application Data\Dekovir\Hidden Magic\_save

3. Press Enter to open the folder in Windows Explorer
4. Remove the profile files from the folder (if you email the files to BFG customer support they can give them to the devs to understand and fix the issue)

Hope that helps. Good luck.

Edited on 11/05/2009 at 5:31:33 PM PST

courage27
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by courage27 on Nov 5, 09 9:06 PM
not working for me at all either. i feel pretty sure bfg staff are working on a fix though - hopefully we'll get help soon.

Go to: