Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirit of Revenge: Gem Fury Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Dec 12, 15 12:36 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 12/12/2015 at 2:42:13 PM PST

WaltzingFish
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirit of Revenge: Gem Fury Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by WaltzingFish on Dec 12, 15 2:03 AM
iMac, OS Yosemite.

Game quit unexpectedly after having crossed the bridge and climbed the wall.
After restart inventory, menu and everything you have at the bottom of the screen had gone.
Actually I was quite happy about this, I didn't like the game that much.
Off to do ironing, dusting, washing up and earning achievements for doing it as quickly as possible!

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirit of Revenge: Gem Fury Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by 808Special_K on Dec 12, 15 2:40 AM
Same here. On Mac OS El Capitan. Starting game for 3rd time but pretty sure it will happen again.

[Post New]by shelterhill on Dec 12, 15 3:36 AM
Same problem with this one as with it's proceeder, everything is soooo slooowwww.
The cursor cannot be moved at all at some points, what a hassle, and no fun this way.
Even the cutscenes are not running smoothly... terribly annoying
I have updated everything, so I know it's not my pc.

Windows 7, home premium 64 bits.

No play, no buy

Edited on 12/12/2015 at 3:38:15 AM PST

glb613
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by glb613 on Dec 12, 15 4:33 AM
I'm running El Captain and it plays just fine.

Edit, I spoke too soon. It unexpectedly stopped and I can't move forward. The games wants me to perform a task, select the matching trees, which I've done. Because of this, I can longer play the game. When is there going to be a patch?

Edited on 03/11/2016 at 3:52:22 AM PST

[Post New]by bridgemaven on Dec 12, 15 6:20 AM
The game unexpectedly froze. Had to turn off the computer & stop the program, as per the message. It appears others have had a similar problem.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Dec 12, 15 6:25 AM
So sorry for those of you that are having problems.

The requirements on the main page stated for this game only includes Windows, so maybe Mac/Apple users cannot play it? Only saying

As far as the Windows is concerned I am playing on 10 and it all works fine

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Dec 12, 15 6:47 AM
Game stopped and I had to close, the same as the other posters said. I just tried twice to play it and it keeps stopping. Im running MAC OS X

Edited on 12/12/2015 at 6:53:53 AM PST

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Dec 12, 15 7:28 AM
Windows 7 Home Premium. Game froze after crossing bridge while climbing up hillside. Had to Cntr/Alt/Del to get out. I've had the Beta in my Game App for a very long time awaiting this game. Beta runs fine. Someone broke it .

madyad
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by madyad on Dec 12, 15 8:20 AM
game froze when clicked on open map to access location windows 10 64

WaltzingFish
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by WaltzingFish on Dec 12, 15 8:53 AM
peglegann wrote:So sorry for those of you that are having problems.

The requirements on the main page stated for this game only includes Windows, so maybe Mac/Apple users cannot play it? Only saying

As far as the Windows is concerned I am playing on 10 and it all works fine

peglegann, there is a separate Mac main page ...

Scottie12
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by Scottie12 on Dec 12, 15 9:33 AM
This is the second CE in a row not working properly. I keep getting Error Access violation code. I too did the Beta without any problems. Windows 7, home premium, 64 bits. I didn't encounter any problems in the demo, so bought the game. Regretting it now.

wwhitley56
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by wwhitley56 on Dec 12, 15 9:42 AM
Pay good money for a game you can't play ! Its only crashed 6 times on me im running windows 8 . I give up not worth the frustration !

[Post New]by smilingsun72 on Dec 12, 15 10:35 AM
It seems others are having a similar issue as the one I am reporting.
Windows 10 64 OS
Twice know the game in full version CE has locked up on me. I received a box with this error message.
Both times I used Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys to exit and bring up the task manager, which I used to exit the game. After this I closed BF game box (list of all the games I have.)then opened it up. It reset me back to before I spoke on the radio to the officer and the tornado appeared. I played through again until the same happened at a different spot in the game. This time I closed out programs and reported the bug. I would like to finish playing and give a review. Please fix the bugs because I was really enjoying playing!

12/14/15 Update. I reported problems on 12/12/2015. The next 24hrs I checked to see if any updates were made to correct them or the forum had posted something from the developer. Nothing but more complaints. So I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it. At first, things seemed to run smoother until I had played a while. I began to see "snags" or minute delays while interacting with the scenes. I tried to adjust things on my end by not clicking to fast, giving scenes time to close out and so forth. Eventually this didn't help either. When I opened Sullivan's diary the scene froze again. I was back having the same problems again. Minor bugs are expected when a game first releases but this one has some major issues, especially more than a handful of people are reporting them. I can say I have other games by this developer and never had the problems I have had with this game. It would be nice just to know if anyone is actually taking the time to read our posts and letting us know that someone is working on a solution to the problems being reported.

Edited on 12/14/2015 at 11:06:13 AM PST

ruthkr
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

game quit unexpectedly

[Post New]by ruthkr on Dec 12, 15 10:36 AM
Hi,

I'm just in the demo but the game crashed. I'm on a MAC using Yosemite 10,10.5.

I think I'll skip this game, too bad it looked interesting!

[Post New]by gooddragon38 on Dec 12, 15 11:02 AM
Froze while trying to access map about half way thru the demo. Using Windows 10. Second major issue in one week that I've had with games on Big Fish after being away from it for a bit. I may end up going away again if it keeps happening. I was enjoying the game as well and was thinking of buying but won't now until they get it working correctly.

Edited on 12/12/2015 at 11:03:03 AM PST

[Post New]by nannamom on Dec 12, 15 11:49 AM
game froze when trying to use the map got this alert: Access violation at 0x7497AE24(tried t write to 0x000A0FFC) program terminated. This is the second time the game froze. My computer is up to date and I am running windows 10. I deleted the game once and then reinstalled it. It went ok then froze again. I am just using the demo for now. What I did get to play was encouraging I hope you get it fixed it could be just a typo in the programing just to let you know

Update: after uninstalling the game and reinstalling it I was finally able to play the game. was going great until I was in the process of finding the last child. opened Alex's chest but was unable to complete the HO it seems that there is a link that is broken. Again I am running Windows 10 64 os seems I can't go any further until I complete this HO game. Any help will be appreciated.

Edited on 12/14/2015 at 11:37:56 PM PST

2cats4u
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by 2cats4u on Dec 12, 15 12:20 PM
Game froze unexpectedly. Was playing appox. 25 min. No reason on this end. Playing on HP laptop Windows 8. Never had any trouble.

Sandisam
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

Miner's Buttons

[Post New]by Sandisam on Dec 12, 15 12:35 PM
I only have 1/2 miner's buttons. I got the one from the flashlight and I thought I got the one from the reel. However, I am still showing 1/2. My Hint button doesn't work and I can't seem to go any further.

I am really disappointed in this game as I have had the same multiple freezing problem, too. I don't want to have to play this all over again.

VickiS531
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by VickiS531 on Dec 12, 15 1:53 PM
I'm running Win7 64bit. My drivers are all up to date.

This game crashed several times early on while attempting to use the map to navigate around.

Now, towards the end of the game, I cannot access the mine cart again to play the minigame to finish the game.

VERY DISAPPOINTING.

Go to: