Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Spirit of Revenge: Gem Fury Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Dec 12, 15 12:37 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 12/12/2015 at 2:42:06 PM PST

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Spirit of Revenge: Gem Fury Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by peglegann on Dec 12, 15 6:20 AM
Hello All

Seasons Greetings

A peculiar CE.

The extras are chained when you start the game, so I cannot tell you what is involved there

4 game modes but there is not a lot of choice under the custom mode, which is the one I usually use

There is a journal which covers, memos, tasks and the map, (once you find it).

I am working with Windows 10 and have had no problems so far and I would like to add I have had none at all since I started using this operating system.

I had to laugh at the extremely STRONG policeman near the beginning of the game!

Nice game so far. Worth a demo if you can

Happy Christmas to all

ETA Sorry, forgot to say, the only collectibles that I have found are morphing objects in each scene. The is a swirly thing on the bottom right of the screen that changes when you have found the object

Edited on 12/12/2015 at 6:32:36 AM PST

NewRome
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Spirit of Revenge: Gem Fury Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by NewRome on Dec 12, 15 11:36 AM
Hi all,
This game (based on the demo) is not very exciting, but is not bad either. It's on an easy side, but has innovative elements. The story isn't one of them (innovative elements that is), with ghosts and all. However, it isn't stupid or disjointed. The tasks and mini-games are interesting and not too predictable. There is a super-puzzle in the demo that I managed to solve without hints, which proves that a) it's not too difficult and b) can be fun for players who aren't "experts".
All and all, I'd give it a 4, but not sure it's CE-worthy. Using a free coupon on a SE version would be a good use of those, but the SE, probably, isn't going to come out before Christmas when most of us have more time to play.
Play demo and decide.
Good luck to all.
NewRome

VickiS531
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by VickiS531 on Dec 12, 15 1:56 PM
This game is ok but honestly, I am so tired of all the HOG/adventure games that seem to be the same except for variations in the storylines.

I cannot even finish the game due to bugs, I'm stuck at the end of the main game because I can't access the mine cart.

We need more GOOD CE time management games, wish developers would get busy with some instead of the same HOG games.

Also, has anyone else wondered on most/all, the first two reviews by 'players' seem to be a little too perfect? Makes me wonder if they're plants by either developer or BFG to pump up popularity.

jfog
Clownfish
Clownfish
991 Posts

[Post New]by jfog on Dec 12, 15 2:12 PM

Edited on 12/12/2015 at 6:10:56 PM PST

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Dec 12, 15 3:57 PM
Hi all! Wow, what to say about this game? I beta tested this one way back in July and only gave it a 2. It doesn't look like the dev even looked at the suggestions for fixes. Graphics are nice and clear and colors are bright and true. Game play was good, except that the skip button didn't work. I read faster than they can print the dialog and I just had to sit and listen. That was frustrating. I often wonder how some people can give a game 5 stars when it doesn't even work correctly. Do they even play it or just write the review? Music wasn't bad. There was very little dialog in this one and even less in the way of sound FX.

HOPs were straight forward and extremely simple. They were fairly clean and items were not difficult to find. Puzzles were extremely simple and took no time or thought to complete. There is a jump map, but it was not helpful at all. Had to move my cursor all over the place to find the right spot for the area picture to show up and it would not jump, it froze up instead. That's when I quit playing the game...about 30 minutes into it. The hint system works very well and there is a transport feature for longer locations.

The only collectibles I found are morphing objects, which are not difficult to see. The twirling thing in the bottom right corner tells you if you missed it or not...no challenge here. You also collect boxes for each child and in those boxes, you need to find personal "collectible" items for each child. Again, not difficult to find.

Personally, I found this game to be slow and boring and not just because of the fixes it desperately needed either. The story line has been done and redone too many times already. This is the 3rd in this series and definitely not the best. I have the first two and liked them both. This one leaves a lot to be desired. This game would probably appeal to a beginner, but not to a seasoned gamer. I will recommend it for beginners only, but still give it only a 2, and that's being generous. No buy for me.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may find this one to be exactly what you are looking for. Thanks for the reviews.

Edited on 12/12/2015 at 3:57:29 PM PST

VickiS531
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by VickiS531 on Dec 12, 15 5:12 PM

Edited on 12/12/2015 at 6:11:35 PM PST

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Dec 12, 15 6:02 PM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Spirit of Revenge: Gem Fury Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, as do the developers as well as your fellow gamers. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Spirit of Revenge: Gem Fury Collector's Edition.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM any one of our Moderators.

bfgWaimea

SquirrelGirrrl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by SquirrelGirrrl on Dec 12, 15 6:54 PM
The demo was kind of weird and boring. I'll wait for a free game before buying it.

Hoppity
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Hoppity on Dec 12, 15 8:09 PM
Is it just me, or is this a re-release? Maybe under different name? I'm curious, because if it is, were there bugs that got worked out or what? Let me know because I don't want to purchase an identical game under another name.

[Post New]by nitenurse2001 on Dec 13, 15 6:02 PM
Just finished playing the game on my MBP from 2010, using OSX 10.8.5 and had no problems or glitches at all except as noted below.

However, I've played literally hundreds of BFGs over the last several years and it's odd that there are no Achievements or Collections in the Extras or on the main page to review. Absolutely weird to me. I probably found all of them, but who can tell? I feel kind of cheated on that.

I was stuck for a minute at the porch with the bird house because it
didn't show an action could be made there. I left the demo and quit and
went back and it was fine.

I looked at a walkthrough on youtube, but it was for the Beta version and, I suspect, the PC version.

I really haven't posted here much, but this was bugging me about the Collectibles.

kmills1944
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by kmills1944 on Jan 23, 16 6:31 AM
this was one of the best games I've played in ages.and believe me I play them every day.i have only 2 small complaints.one is not enogh hog's.even though it has more than most I'm a die hard.like more the other is not being able at the end to see if I got all the collectibles.that really irked me.
other than that had no problems at all.some mentioned glitches but I had none.the graphics were great. really loved it

[Post New]by judiemae on Apr 4, 16 4:43 PM
I can not get to the rug on the porch to uncover it and get the next object I need to continue. Buggy game, keeps sending me back to the tree house and I am not able to get ready to do that. Please help. judiemae

Go to: