Bonus Level 8

[Post New]by lesleyvance501 on Dec 13, 15 7:09 AM
Does anyone have any suggestions for this level? I come close, but never have enough stone/ gold in the end. Thanks!

simmi36
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

Re:Bonus Level 8

[Post New]by simmi36 on Dec 13, 15 7:48 AM
Hi, I played this almost like in the strategy-guide. It was close but I made it.

Choose the booster that makes you walk faster and the one for 1 more wood.
While the zombies work I normally change to the work faster booster.

Clear the way to the blooddonalds and the sawmill at the same time. As soon as possible upgrade the ZM to level 2.

Build a level 2 blooddonalds.
Build a sawmill and clear the way to the left stonemine.
As soon as possible upgrade the sawmill to level 2.

Use the booster that gathers resources and immediately after the one that produces resources immediately.

Build a level 2 stonemine. You will need the big stonepile in front of the ladder to the lab (I think).

Clear the way to the second stonemine and the forge.
Build a level 2 stonemine and a level 1 forge.

Use the booster that upgrades all buildings and immediately after the one that produces resources immediately.

Clear the ways to the lab, the giant and the club.
Build the lab, build the scarecrows, take the club and remove the giant.

Overall:
Don't forget to gather food from the tree or you have to wait in the end.

Don't change too much stones into gold. You need 30 gold in the end. If you change too much, you won't have enough stones. I think I changed one time 10 and later another 15 stones when I ran out of gold and the rest in the end.

It was close but this worked for me.

[Post New]by lesleyvance501 on Dec 13, 15 10:40 AM
Thank you Simmi36! It seems the only thing I wasn't doing was using the speed bonus instead of the work faster bonus. It seemed like they had a lot of chopping up wood and stone to do , but that bonus must not be very helpful because it seems like the run faster bonus is always the one you want to use. Anyway, I got it, so thank you!!!

simmi36
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by simmi36 on Dec 13, 15 11:41 AM
I always use both booster (the ones on the left). I choose the walk faster in the beginning and while building something or gathering stonepiles or branches, I change it to the work faster until the zombies are walking again. They are so slow otherwise and since the ways are so long in this game, you loose so much time if you choose the work faster one.

Edited on 12/13/2015 at 11:44:25 AM PST

[Post New]by npc123 on Dec 13, 15 1:30 PM
Hi simmi36,

Can I ask if you alternate the run fast/chop boosters (on the left) throughout the entire level? I've tried doing that when I only had 2 workers, also tried it when I had upgraded to 3 workers, but I can't reach gold on this level ... I'm short by a couple of seconds each time.

I end up having to wait at the end every time, usually for food or stone, even though I frequently go to the tree and I don't make more gold than I need. Not sure what else to try! Been stuck on this for a couple of days now.

Thanks!

simmi36
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by simmi36 on Dec 14, 15 6:37 AM
Of course you can ask

I actually only change to the workfaster booster, when both are working (or at least 2 zombies) or 1 is working and the other has only short ways to walk or when 1 has to wait. Otherwise you lose time.

I just replayed the level again to check if I missed something.

In the beginning I took the food and the wood and immediately upgraded the ZM. (I changed the booster there). Then I send one zombie to clear the way to the BD and the other to clear the way to the tree. I then cleared the way to the BD first and only send the second zombie to the sawmill, when the first was working. As soon as there was food on the tree, I gathered it (practically every time). When both were working, I changed the booster. When the way to the BD is free, you should be able to build a level 2 BD immediately.

I then cleared the rest of the way to the sawmill. When one zombie had to way, I started the way down to the left stonemine. I also always gathered the food from the tree as soon as it was ready. I then build the sawmill and immediately after the 2 furniture so I can see when the level 2 sawmill is ready to be build. I also changed the booster for 1 more wood to the one for 1 more stone, when I removed a stonepile. This gives you enough stones to immediately build a level 2 stonemine when the way is clear. When I had to wait with 1 zombie I started on the way to the second stonemine. After the first level 2 stonemine is build you should be able to build the bridge immediately, if you changed to the booster for 1 more stone. You can change to the stone booster permanently, when the level 2 sawmill is build.

After the sawmill is on level 2 I used the booster for automatic gathering and the one for immediat production right after. This should give you enough time to get to the first stonemine without having to gather resources.

After that I went to the forge. Don't clear the way to the lab yet or you will have to wait for resources to build the ladder. For building the forge I needed to make gold for the first time. When you have build the forge, the upgrade booster should be ready. Upgrade and use the production booster immediately after. Make sure that you have no resources lying around before you upgrade.

Then I cleared the rest of the ways, build the lab ...

As soon as the booster for gathering resources is ready again, you have to use it or you will run out of time.

Part 2 coming

simmi36
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by simmi36 on Dec 14, 15 6:46 AM
Part 2

I only used the speed bonus from the middle. When you have to remove stonepiles or branches, change to the workfaster booster while using the speedbonus. Change it back, when the zombies are not working anymore. The run even faster then.

I think the most important thing is the change to the stonebooster after the sawmill is level 2 because that gives you enough stones to get the mines to level 2 immediately and to build the bridge without having to wait. But don't choose it in the beginning because you will need the extra wood for the sawmill. Also constantly gather the food from the tree.

When Frankie fights with the giant change to the workfaster booster. This should give you another 2 seconds.

This got a bit long but I think I got everything this time

It's a close level. I have about 3 or 4 seconds left in the end.

Good luck

[Post New]by npc123 on Dec 14, 15 7:23 PM
Thank you, simmi36 .... you're the best!

It worked like a charm. I've been stumped for about four days on this level but I got three stars on my first attempt when I followed your instructions to the letter.

Thank you for putting so much time and thought into your posts! Now on to tackle the remaining bonus levels ...

[Post New]by Maura15 on Apr 25, 16 8:39 PM
I tried everything posted and couldn't get it to work. Finally I did everything suggested above except I just left the bonus on speed and used the increase work speed booster. I think I used the speed bonus once at the very end and barely made it.

Go to: