bfgBeruna
2,459 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Dec 26, 17 3:29 PM
Hello Everyone,

I'm swimming over to provide some troubleshooting help!

Migo13 and gaelicmommy: Our Midnight Castle Support Team can definitely restore any lost progress. Please contact them. If you have both the old game's and the new game's Friend Codes, include those with the inquiry. If the old game's Friend Code is lost, then please let the Support Team know what level your game had reached and as much about lost items in the inventory as possible. They'll handle the transfer as quickly as possible.

pch45: I'm really sorry that the achievement that rewards the Golden Pony avatar keeps resetting. While our Support Team can't restore achievements, they will be able to provide some troubleshooting help, so I'd recommend reaching out to them.

Thank you all for your patience, and please don't hesitate to PM me or another moderator if more questions arrive. We'll be happy to help.

bfgBeruna

RuAsh
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by RuAsh on Dec 27, 17 2:31 AM
Every time I click on social, the game freezes. I can't accept or decline friends, send or receive gifts. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times, downloaded the full content, but nothing has worked. please help

bfgBeruna
2,459 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Dec 27, 17 10:27 AM
Hello RuAsh,

I'm really sorry the game has been acting up when the social features are used. Let's try fixing this!

First, please check to see that the computer's video card driver (which directs how the graphics display) is up to date. The developer regularly releases new versions to keep everything running smoothly, and updating this driver can fix a number of issues. The following help page will guide you through that process.

Update Video Card Driver (Computer)

I'd recommend running Midnight Castle in Administrator Mode to increase its permissions on the computer. This will ensure the game can access all of the resources it needs. I've included a help page with those instructions below as well:

Run as Administrator (Computer)

Should the game still freeze, then contacting our Midnight Castle Support Team will be the next best step to take.

If any new questions arise in the future, you're also welcome to PM me or another moderator anytime. We're always here to help.

bfgBeruna

[Removed by Moderator]

[Post New]by ChasGra on Dec 28, 17 10:07 PM

Edited on 12/29/2017 at 12:28:35 PM PST

BaywayJ
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by BaywayJ on Dec 30, 17 4:27 PM
Played all day no problems. Signed on to continue about two hours ago and had an update. Started updating (taming pets etc.) got to about 37% and then received a message that it couldn't save the game and to try again later. Tried again and I am at the beginning of the game.

I play on a PC and my ID is 666898. I was at level 45 almost to 46 with the floating level 47. I have never had any problems with the game before.
Can my game be restored?

Started playing in May of 2017 if that helps.
I'm so bummed.

Bay

bfgBeruna
2,459 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Dec 30, 17 6:39 PM
Hello BaywayJ,

I'm so sorry Midnight Castle progress was lost and can absolutely explain how to restore it. If you write to them with both the new game's and the old game's Friend Codes, our Midnight Castle Support Team will absolutely be able to transfer your game's progress. If the old game's Friend Code isn't available, please include that you were on Level 46 and as much about your inventory as possible. They'll handle this as quickly as possible.

Thanks for your patience, and please don't hesitate to PM me or another of the moderators if further questions or concerns arise. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

mdpetdoc
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,446 Posts

[Post New]by mdpetdoc on Dec 30, 17 6:51 PM
Since the last update, I have had HOS where the count on the item list is 21/22 but item 22 never appears on the list. I check the scene for the missed item and there never is one. I click the hint button which identifies "the item" but there is nothing there. I click in that general region and the sparkles float down to the nonexistent list and the count changes to 22/22. There is also a serious lag time for the list to repopulate as items are found.

All drivers are updated.

Edited on 12/30/2017 at 6:52:12 PM PST

FlaFig
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by FlaFig on Dec 30, 17 7:31 PM
I have been trying to get yesterdays challenge of Christmas ornaments/balls.trimming or what ever the red globes are called. I have gotten way more than 4 - yet no matter how many I collect the count does not change. This is a brand new computer drivers updated & all the other blah blah

Joan aka FlaFig

Edited on 12/30/2017 at 7:32:54 PM PST

[Post New]by pam450 on Dec 31, 17 3:05 AM
The red balls are giving me a problem also, I can't get the count past 6 but I have collected 10. I tried to uninstall and re download but it does not work.

BaywayJ
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by BaywayJ on Dec 31, 17 9:17 AM
I think you are going for the wrong item. Even though the icon in the challenge looks like the red ball it is the Christmas bell you are going for in this challenge. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.
Bay

Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by anthony0902 on Dec 31, 17 12:05 PM
bfgWendwater wrote:Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to <a href="https://midnightcastle.zendesk.com/hc/en-us">Midnight Castle Help</a>. Using <a href="https://midnightcastle.zendesk.com/hc/en-us">Midnight Castle Help</a> is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here is a suggested article that has helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

<a href="https://midnightcastle.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002368068">Crashing, Freezing, Game Won't Open (Computer)</a>

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using <a href="https://midnightcastle.zendesk.com/hc/en-us">Midnight Castle Help</a>, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact our Midnight Castle Support Team <a href="https://midnightcastle.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/categories/115000558227">HERE</a>.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

loosing gold

[Post New]by anthony0902 on Dec 31, 17 12:06 PM
bfgWendwater wrote:Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to <a href="https://midnightcastle.zendesk.com/hc/en-us">Midnight Castle Help</a>. Using <a href="https://midnightcastle.zendesk.com/hc/en-us">Midnight Castle Help</a> is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here is a suggested article that has helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

<a href="https://midnightcastle.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002368068">Crashing, Freezing, Game Won't Open (Computer)</a>

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using <a href="https://midnightcastle.zendesk.com/hc/en-us">Midnight Castle Help</a>, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact our Midnight Castle Support Team <a href="https://midnightcastle.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/categories/115000558227">HERE</a>.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

[Post New]by anthony0902 on Dec 31, 17 12:08 PM
I was playing last night and I had about 12 thousand gold now I started to play I have only 3 thousand something please let me know how I can get my gold back
thank you.

[Removed by Moderator]

[Post New]by KimbDixo on Jan 2, 18 12:52 AM

Edited on 01/03/2018 at 2:16:53 PM PST

[Post New]by jcm1019 on Jan 2, 18 3:00 PM
I went to the Temple of Justice to complete a quest for the "Ghostly Messenger" but, when I clicked on him, I got the following message: "The Ghostly Messenger will talk to you after the next update - coming soon!" I've looked everywhere but I cannot find the next update and it has been like this for several days. Does anyone know when the next update is coming? (I am playing on a PC) Thanks for any help ...

Edited on 01/02/2018 at 3:02:13 PM PST

bfgIlinalta
3,779 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jan 3, 18 4:47 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your patience while waiting for a response over the Holidays. I've read through what has been reported here and wanted to quickly touch on some of those issues as well as how to reach out to our Support Team for further assistance.

jcm1019, welcome to the forums! Whenever a character says to check back after the next update, this usually means that the player has reached the current end of content available in the game. The teams behind the game are working hard to get more content out for our players to enjoy, and as soon as that's made available, or changes are provided for the game, a moderator will be sure to announce those changes in the forums. Thanks for your patience and we hope you've been enjoying the castle!

Players have reported a few other incidents including a loss of currency or gold as well as reports of achievements or tasks not counting progress when expected. For instances where a player has lost progress or currency, or if progress doesn't appear to be getting counted, we recommend contacting our Midnight Castle Support Team with a detailed description of the achievement or task not seeing progress or the progress and currency that appears to have gone missing. It would also help our teams to provide your Friend Code, which allows our Reps to more quickly help with the appropriate profile. Our Reps will be sure to follow up as soon as they are able to do so.

Thank you for your patience everyone, and I hope the holidays were happy and peaceful for all. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by Wolfgal_2000 on Jan 4, 18 10:20 AM
MC doesn't seem to want to open for me today. It worked fine yesterday, but today when I try to open it, all I get is the game manager. MC does not appear in the "My Games" tab. When I look under Midnight Castle on my start menu, it has a yellow exclamation point and says "Unlock Midnight Castle", but clicking on it doesn't seem to do anything. It has never done this before, and I'm hoping it's an easy fix!

bfgIlinalta
3,779 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jan 4, 18 1:37 PM
Hello Wolfgal_2000,

Thank you for taking the time to report this. It sounds like there's some trouble with opening the game, and since there may be multiple reasons why this is happening, I wanted to provide the means to contact our Support Team so they can help investigate and assist.

Please contact our Midnight Castle Support Team with a screenshot of what is being seen as well as a description of what happens when trying to play the game. Our Reps are always happy to help out and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience while working with our teams. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Sharp_Eye574363
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,830 Posts

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on Jan 4, 18 2:33 PM
I've been having trouble with the connection to the server dropping a lot today while in my game. Then, after closing the game, waiting a bit, and trying to open the game again, I got a message saying "Your profile has progressed on another device, click continue to continue where you left off" or you can click quit. I clicked quit because I thought you couldn't have the same game playing on 2 different devices. That was scary to me so I shut down my PC completely, then went in again and the game loaded and everything looks right. But, I wasn't on even 1 minute when the lost connection (retry or quit) popped up again. I clicked retry and got back in and came directly here to report the issue. Can someone please explain what's going on?

SweetNellyBly
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by SweetNellyBly on Jan 4, 18 5:07 PM
I'm unable to see my purchases and can't download any games. Big Fish app used to show me as SweetNellyBly but now shows my email address.

I've submitted a ticket and was told to delete Big Fish app (game manager) and reinstall which I did, it still shows my email address.

I'm waiting for additional help and was wondering if anyone else has experienced this and what was the solution?

Go to: