Put a bag on Trina's head

[Post New]by pmwright610 on Dec 14, 15 6:33 AM
Well, I have been being so careful not to hit Trina when I am trying to collect snowflakes, but I did it last night. The morphing flake was so close to her head, my hand slipped and I hit the exclamation point, or her head, whichever, doesn't matter. Nothing I could do but hit 'Accept' to get away from her. Now that greedy woman is going to take a large amount of shards I have collected because the second part of her request is to complete 22 HO scenes, which is easily done. There is no way to back out of this, unless I disenchant enough items to purchase something for my regular room and I am not even close to that since I disenchanted loads to fancify the Christmas room. And, eventually, I will have collected enough shards and completed enough scenes to sate her anyway. Can I put a bag over her head so I do not do this again?

djcuz
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

Re:Put a bag on Trina's head

[Post New]by djcuz on Dec 14, 15 6:45 AM
I did the exact same thing about a week ago. Since then I won't even go into that room at all untill I have all the shards I need for the Xmas room. The slot machine is NOT worth the risk, and the snowflakes can be made up by spending a little more time going from room to room after the HOs are all done.
I don't think the shards are gone from your inventory until after you go back to her so after you complete her tasks just don't go there.

Good luck and don't worry too much, there's still time for collecting and sharding.

Crystaleyes

[Post New]by pmwright610 on Dec 14, 15 6:55 AM
Well, glad someone was thinking this morning, and it wasn't me. Good point about not going back. How right you are. Thank you.

wishtar
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
446 Posts

[Post New]by wishtar on Dec 14, 15 6:57 AM
You don't have to lose the shards to her at all. A long as you don't go back to her and complete the task she just stays there. She has been sitting on my screen throughout the event. Just DO NOT complete it!

[Post New]by Dguineapigs on Dec 14, 15 7:27 AM
In the future, if you accidentally touch Trina again, don't hit ACCEPT. Just hit your back button (on my tablet it's a left-pointing triangle at the bottom of my screen). I check periodically to see if her challenge has changed to one that does not require an obscene amount of shards but can be completed by just doing routine HOS or ZZ.

Deborah

[Post New]by pmwright610 on Dec 14, 15 8:13 AM
I did not know that I could back out, or I would have run out. I will try that if it happens again. Thanks all for the info.

_G4il_
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,426 Posts

[Post New]by _G4il_ on Dec 14, 15 8:58 AM
Dguineapigs wrote:In the future, if you accidentally touch Trina again, don't hit ACCEPT. Just hit your back button (on my tablet it's a left-pointing triangle at the bottom of my screen). I check periodically to see if her challenge has changed to one that does not require an obscene amount of shards but can be completed by just doing routine HOS or ZZ.

Deborah

You can also click on Mr. Pinfeathers or any other Character Quest you may have showing, instead of the Accept button for Trina. It will take you to that quest instead, and Trina's remains as it was.

[Post New]by BlazeDuskdreamer on Dec 14, 15 9:00 AM
It's annoying how close to her head they put the flakes! I've accidently clicked her a couple of times now which is probably what they want. Why don't they have an x to x out and not accept. On my laptop, I didn't see a back out of button and I was full screen (won't let me do partial screen either which means I can't screen shot and I want so badly to get one of the snow fairy for reasons) so I went to task manager and ended Midnight Castle running. I was scared I'd lose progress but I didn't. Will do it again if need be. Trina is waiting until I have got all the furniture in both rooms then I will let her give me a new quest again.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Dec 14, 15 9:07 AM
In the department for what it is worth.....when you click on the "Accept" button....the "whatever" is not removed from your inventory.....a check mark will show to indicate you have completed the section, but the shards/postcards are only actually removed from your inventory when you click the OK button to receive the reward....

At that time, there is no going back....all is removed from the inventory and she will present the next quest for you to accept.

So, as long as you don't open Trina again....you should still have your shards.....

Also...in my iPad game....there is an X in the upper right corner to close out the screen --- if you click on that X, you can close the screen without accepting, clicking ok, etc.

_G4il_
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,426 Posts

[Post New]by _G4il_ on Dec 14, 15 9:35 AM
Annelliegram wrote:Also...in my iPad game....there is an X in the upper right corner to close out the screen --- if you click on that X, you can close the screen without accepting, clicking ok, etc.

Thanks for that tip, Annelliegram!

Gingerlily
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by Gingerlily on Dec 14, 15 10:05 AM
I have tried clicking that X on my laptop, and it does exactly nothing. Which is extremely annoying.

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Dec 14, 15 11:06 AM
Without knowing what to do to get out of it, I accidently did the same thing, and that particular Trina quest was complete without me doing another thing as the second request was gift cards. She ate 288 shards. Had it been airship, or ZZ, I just would not have done them. I would have let her wait forever.

Minxiepieces
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by Minxiepieces on Dec 14, 15 12:07 PM
Trina has become such a source of frustration. Have had the same problem. Finally got the Christmas room finished by completely avoiding her and her room. Gave up on the slot machine. Devs really need to rethink Trina because her benefits do not justify the effort and diamond cost. Not a very nice tribute for Trina.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Dec 14, 15 3:34 PM
Minxiepieces wrote:Trina has become such a source of frustration. Have had the same problem. Finally got the Christmas room finished by completely avoiding her and her room. Gave up on the slot machine. Devs really need to rethink Trina because her benefits do not justify the effort and diamond cost. Not a very nice tribute for Trina.

This has been my opinion all along.... You have to do her quest to get a key --- one lousy key per quest.....

Keys are required to open rooms (even 1 can be expensive for a lower level player) and to open slots in the rooms.

Her shard demands and frequency of requesting 300 steering wheels makes it very difficult to continue with her quests....My shard requests are at 200 a pop....sometimes I get 6 out of 8 quests asking for shards.......and 7 of my last 11 quests have been for 300 steering wheels.....couple that with 200 shards and that quest becomes deadly. There is the random, albeit SELDOM, request to go into 50 rooms.....quests just are not balanced at all. And the shard quantity requested is much higher than the rate of receiving the shards.......even after they have added them to the pet treasure chests.

When they have regular, character quests..... you earn more "star" points if the quest has you craft 2 items, for instance, as opposed to going into 2 HOSs or getting something from a ZZ.......Trina's quests could give 5 keys when asking for 300 steering wheels and 200 shards.....and give only 1 key when asking for 50 HOS scenes and 14 postcards. One key per quest is rather stingy.

[Post New]by BlazeDuskdreamer on Dec 15, 15 7:56 AM
So... she's going to eat those postcards too. Well, good thing I have a ton stock-piled.

I don't even get an X that doesn't work on my laptop and yes, I could just let it sit and not check complete but then I have the avatar there bugging me to complete. I think I'll continue to task manager out of there.

I do wish we could screenshot without difficulty. It's possible. I play another game where you just hit print screen and it automatically puts it in a file for that game on your computer. I tried following the instructions for screen shots but it was way difficult and didn't work. I found I could if I went half screen and did print screen then pasted into paint but it only let me do that one day. If I try to go half screen now, I get a message that it doesn't support it and I've tried every resolution available. Sigh.

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on Dec 15, 15 8:30 AM
If we could use game coinage to buy shards it would lessen the flow for all level players.......and I agree there needs to be a bump up of gold key drops.......as the quest is more demanding drop three keys or five keys like the silver and gold chests.......3 5 10.........for 1 2 or 3 medallions........so designate Trina quests into 3 categories too.... **D** out

Go to: