aerobics mini game

[Post New]by crosschris on Nov 6, 09 6:17 AM
My arthritic old fingers cannot move fast enoughfor this one.Is there any way I can skip it.Over three days I have spent 8 hours at it and have still 3 routines to go.I am beginning to feel I should not have bought it

Re:aerobics mini game

[Post New]by LittleFreedom on Nov 7, 09 7:37 AM
I agree!!! My fingers just can't get up to that 560 points needed!! You know, it's us old people that buy these games!!! The creators should take that into consideration! They're "CASUAL" games!

[Post New]by greybeard46 on Nov 9, 09 8:56 AM
Here too! I get half way thru the 560 and my fingers begin to tire and I slooow way down.

QuietLurker
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,497 Posts

[Post New]by QuietLurker on Nov 9, 09 9:34 AM
I have complained about this elsewhere. It is not at all what is expected as you play the entire demo, buy it, and happliy play way into the game. Then this essentially ends the game for you.

I did get through it after several tries. If I remember right (which may not be right) I started clicking as a person approached the circle, and found that would work even if the person was still quite a distance away.

Also, after getting past it, there is nothing like it so difficult, and the remainder of the game is playable.

I have the same problem with one of the boss battles in Zuma's Revenge. What I did with that was get a friend to come to my computer and play the level for me. After getting past that way, I was able to complete the game, including getting past other boss levels.

I am thinking that complaining here 2 or 3 times, as I have done, is not accomplishing anything. Someone needs to write to customer service. They are usually very responsive. If they do a search and see how many people have had this problem with this game, maybe they can do something - even if it is only to give you a game credit for another game.

I will think about this, and maybe write to them myself later on today.

[Post New]by titicarmen on Nov 28, 09 9:47 AM
I too am having trouble with the aerobics game..I think like other games should have a "skip game" mode...love the game...tho..

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Jan 5, 10 8:52 AM
In my copy, there IS a "SKIP" button during the aerobics routines. Down at the right, where CONTINUE will eventually appear. Isn't there one for you?

Edited on 01/05/2010 at 8:52:55 AM PST

[Post New]by mwillia9 on Jun 10, 10 4:37 PM
I'm pretty uncoordinated and also thought I would never get past level 6, but I did finally get through it by turning the volume all the way down and saying the colors out loud as I clicked on them. This makes it much harder to get mixed up/click the wrong color. Repeat repeat repeat because there is a pattern and you will start to get the hang of it so you can concentrate your attention more on your clicking than on which colors are going by.

Of course, some people may have arthritis or something else that will prevent them from ever being able to click that fast. I agree there should be a skip option. (And no, there definitely isn't one in my game, only a hint button.)

brooklynblonde
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by brooklynblonde on Sep 8, 10 5:20 PM
Have to agree, this is a bad minigame. took me forever to get through it-I think the patterns do repeat in each routine, so if you can remember the pattern, that really helps-even wrote one down! Still took me quite a while to get past this, and it may stop me from playing this over again, which is too bad. SHEESH-otherwise love this game.

sompanther
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by sompanther on Sep 9, 10 5:52 AM
Was having a wonderful time playing this game until the aerobics mini game. Now I am real sure I wasted my money as my reflexes are just not fast enough. Guess this is one game I will have to chalk up to experience. Hate it as I was really enjoying the rest of the game.

boozysoozy
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by boozysoozy on Sep 12, 10 4:36 PM
I have been trying the last of the aerobics mini game all afternoon, I have just passed it by making the screen smaller - go to options and click full screen, which will make it smaller and this made it easier for me to play.

baxterbear
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by baxterbear on Oct 18, 10 6:30 PM
I'm neither an "older" person nor arthritic, but I find the aerobics mini game and most of the other mini games to be annoying and nearly impossible. It's fine that they want to incorporate mini games to keep it interesting, but must we really repeat the same game five times? The one with the eggs was going to drive me bonkers until I finally cheated using the walkthrough. Its coming to the point where these games just aren't fun anymore. A challenge is one thing (and welcome) but lets not make it near impossible!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 19, 10 8:42 AM
I too was getting very frustrated with the aerobic mini game. Not only do the colours get by faster each time, but - for heaven's sake - MUST there be so many levels? Aren't 3 levels enough?

And no, there is no skip button - with any of the mini games, which is very frustrating because all mini games go on and on, having to do 5 or 6 levels of each one. *sigh*

[Post New]by HeavilyAddicted on Oct 19, 10 7:09 PM
boozysoozy wrote:I have been trying the last of the aerobics mini game all afternoon, I have just passed it by making the screen smaller - go to options and click full screen, which will make it smaller and this made it easier for me to play.

Yee ha !! Thank you for this tip! After a coupla tries, I FINALLY fiinished the Aerobics! Yes, I agree with everyone - where is the SKIP button !!

elledebbie
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by elledebbie on Oct 24, 10 1:12 AM
Usually I love the mini games and work through the eye-hand co-ordination ones if I can. I am pretty bad at them. But they are usually over quickly.

The aerobics game seems impossible for me. Which a pity, because I am enjoying this fun game. No stress, just fun UNTIL the AEROBICS.

I diminished the screen and that let me get to the last routine. Thank you so much for that hint. But I do not think I will get through the last routine.

Any one have the codes so I can skip this? Someone must have a game saved or something that would let me by pass the game!!!!!

I would hate to have to give it up without finding out what all the Pizza is for.

MarpleLover
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by MarpleLover on Oct 24, 10 6:25 AM
I might have to connect a regular mouse to my laptop instead of using the touch pad. I am grateful that the game at least remembers what level you were at last instead of making you start at the beginning if you quit in the middle of this mini-game

Don't know why with some colors I draw a blank. Also, must remember to keep my mouse off the color pie, otherwise you don't see the color of the covered pie slice.

Don't like the advancing levels. Although they may just be different patterns, not necessarily more difficult to perform.

It would be nice if you could find out in advance which games have the skip feature incorporated into the game as a standard option.

[Post New]by lllyn82 on Oct 25, 10 4:31 PM
Just bought this game yesterday. I loved it.....up until the mini aerobics game. I cannot get past this mini game. It's a shame b/c I adored this game. Very disappointed with this game

[Post New]by HeavilyAddicted on Oct 26, 10 9:53 PM
MarpleLover wrote:I might have to connect a regular mouse to my laptop instead of using the touch pad. I am grateful that the game at least remembers what level you were at last instead of making you start at the beginning if you quit in the middle of this mini-game

Don't know why with some colors I draw a blank. Also, must remember to keep my mouse off the color pie, otherwise you don't see the color of the covered pie slice.

Don't like the advancing levels. Although they may just be different patterns, not necessarily more difficult to perform.

It would be nice if you could find out in advance which games have the skip feature incorporated into the game as a standard option.

Don't get a regular mouse ! I have a laptop as well and if I can finish the aerobics so can you!! Don't give up...the rest of the game is a breeze compared to this mini game. Try the smaller screen (that worked for me- you don't have to move as far; thus you can go faster). Also remember the patterns, in Level 6 (the last level), the patterns repeat for the most part. That makes it easier as well. Hang in there - Good Luck !

Edited on 10/26/2010 at 9:56:36 PM PST

MarpleLover
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by MarpleLover on Oct 26, 10 10:27 PM
Thanks. I will keep playing until I beat it.

nards1975
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by nards1975 on Oct 27, 10 12:55 AM
I am seriously struggling with this, i am just about ready to give up the game. i am on the last level where i need to get 560 points but i am just too slow! Like other people here i just can't keep up. I wish this activity had a skip option.

[Post New]by ahjolihughes on Feb 20, 11 2:42 PM
boozysoozy wrote:I have been trying the last of the aerobics mini game all afternoon, I have just passed it by making the screen smaller - go to options and click full screen, which will make it smaller and this made it easier for me to play.

OMG THIS WAS AN AMAZING TIP THAT ACTUALLY WORKS!! THANKS A BUNCH

Go to: