Rage74
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

Cryptograms

[Post New]by Rage74 on Nov 6, 09 11:29 AM
The cryptograms in the puzzle boxes are really annoying. Has anybody figured out exactly how they work?

I mean, it doesn't tell me if I picked the right letter or not and there's no "help" or other instructions to give me a clue as to just how I'm supposed to solve it...other than just throw random letters at the game board and pray to God I get the right combination.

dlb628
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

Re:Cryptograms

[Post New]by dlb628 on Nov 6, 09 2:24 PM
Basically, you just throw random letters at the screen and pray you get the right combination.

SPOILER

One is "coffee beans".
Another is "delicious..." but I can't remember what was delicious.
Another is "between hills".

Good luck.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Nov 7, 09 3:05 AM
Correct letters are green, wrong letters are red.

[Post New]by HeavilyAddicted on Nov 7, 09 3:25 AM
Some are the ingredients for the spells. I remember "YELLOW FLOWER", "COFFEE BEANS". I can't remember all of them either. I don't know if you meant cryptograms in general or specific to this game. Another was "ANCIENT.." something. So they're not ALL ingredients. Hope this helps some.

[Post New]by Miniatures1 on Nov 15, 09 7:01 AM
Do not understand the post stating wrong letters red right letters green all letters are black with white background

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Nov 15, 09 1:04 PM
Which level are you playing? It's possible I was thinking of something else where you are told if the letter is in the right place or not. (It's certainly not true of Advanced here).

[Post New]by HeavilyAddicted on Nov 16, 09 6:10 PM

The blog walkthrough has all the cryptogram answers. If you don't know the basics of cryptograms, pick up a general puzzle book at the store (or if you love them). At least here they narrow the letters down for you. There are also crytoquizzes as well. These are theme oriented and are mini-cryptograms.

Eneri
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Eneri on Aug 15, 11 2:07 AM
I didn't notice anywhere on the Walkthrough that had all the cryptograms but from endless playing here's the ones I've figured out.

Like a butterfly

Brave hero

Moonlight Temple

Coffee beans

Magical Charm

Green cucumber

Midnight time

Between hills

Tears from the sky

Yellow flower

Go to: