bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Lost Realms: The Curse of Babylon comments and reviews

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Nov 7, 09 1:16 AM
Our reviewers haven’t had a chance to get you a review of this game yet. We do value your reviews though, as do many of the other fish in our pond, so feel free to post your own and our Big Fish reviewers will be back to throw in their two cents as soon as possible!
Happy gaming !

Re:Lost Realms: The Curse of Babylon comments and reviews

[Post New]by 1963jennag on Nov 7, 09 3:44 AM
I am liking tis game so far. But.....I cant figure out how to break the mask to get the mirror piece. Any ideas

[Post New]by destiny1806 on Nov 7, 09 3:57 AM
Im stuck in the same place. Cant break the mask to get to the mirror piece.
Otherwise its really enjoyable.

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Nov 7, 09 4:15 AM
destiny1806 wrote:Im stuck in the same place. Cant break the mask to get to the mirror piece.
Otherwise its really enjoyable.

You should have the baseball bat in your tools, by now. Use it on the mask. (Check the blog walkthrough.)

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Nov 7, 09 4:27 AM
thistle809 wrote:(Check the blog walkthrough.)

And where's that?

irishgreen
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by irishgreen on Nov 7, 09 4:55 AM
On the blog page there is walkthrus for alot of the games. Heres a link for lost realms
Enjoy

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/lost-realms-the-curse-babylon-walkthrough/

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Nov 7, 09 5:11 AM
Wasn't expecting much as I didn't like the first Lost Realms game but...

A good solid IHOG, nothing earth shattering, but good. Clean graphics, interesting if not challenging minis, nice interactivity with inventory items, pretty good story. Play easy mini games as needed for more hints. Timed or Relaxed play. Random rapid clicking gets a visual slap down only. You can also replay Hidden Object scenes or Minis from the Main Menu "Log".

Downside - repetitive annoying music as the game wore on. Started off all right, but became more "suspenseful" later on and I had to turn it off which I rarely do. Also it's short: finished at a very leisurely pace in 2 hours.

So, good one, worth a spin unless duration is very important to you.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Nov 7, 09 5:26 AM
You`re reviews are allways awesome, poodlebear!

I really love this game! Its so much different from the first part (it is from the same gameproducer? :suspicious . I will definitely buy it!

linniebean
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by linniebean on Nov 7, 09 5:29 AM
I had the same problem with breaking the mask to get the mirror. I finally quit the game and restarted the level, then it gave me the rooms over again and I found the baseball bat !! Then I was able to break the mask. It seemed kind of wierd because when I was in the same room, it didn't give me the baseball bat? Oh well, my demo is over and I can't decide if I want to buy or not? It is okay, but still waiting for MCF!

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Nov 7, 09 5:49 AM
Well, it's better than the Inca Princess one. The graphix are so-so but the HOs are fairly EZ to find in the junkpiles. I didn't like losing a hint to skip a mini-game nor having to fetch more hints by....playing a mini-game. Are they trying to make folks nuts with that? It was kind of a nanny-nanny-boo-boo, we'll teach you to skip a mini-game by making you play yet more of them! Hints can be used one after the other w/ instant gratification & no waiting if you desire. Takes a lot of random clicking to get bright yellow stuff to swim across the screen for a few secs. Still not getting why Ogan's family curse is upon him, poor explanation in the intro. I love how "Persia" is pc BTW. Persia hasn't existed in quite a while; it's Iran.

I quit w/ 9 min left on demo b/c I had nothing left in the inventory to cut down the foilage & procure the last pieces needed for the next mini-game, & the knife & bat in tools sassed me with a "that won't work here". I used the machete to cut the vines & it disappeared from inventory. I'm assuming that's a glitch? Anyone else get that?

It wasn't a terrible HOG, just rather EZ & lacking ooomph.

spunkypunk
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by spunkypunk on Nov 7, 09 6:35 AM
I liked the demo--cleverly placed objects in some scenes, which I like, or maybe not enough coffee this am. I agree with the "Poodlebear", in whom I have the utmost trust-the music was annoying and repetitive, so off it went.

I've bought some stinkers recently so I will hold off for a bit and read some more opinions of other games before I go further into debt!

Spunky

poppy85
Guppy
Guppy
182 Posts

[Post New]by poppy85 on Nov 7, 09 6:47 AM
Hated it!! Too many clues about breaking or cutting without asking for them. Sorry, but 2 and a half hours (including the trial) is just not worth it for me. I didn't need the magnifying glass at all.

Soz, maybe I'm just in a bad mood! There have been some really great games on the site recently, but this ain't one of them.

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Nov 7, 09 6:48 AM
irishgreen wrote:On the blog page there is walkthrus for alot of the games. Heres a link for lost realms
Enjoy

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/lost-realms-the-curse-babylon-walkthrough/

Thanks irishgreen! I had expected to see it here in the forum, as usual. Because, when downloading a demo, I don't search already for a walkthrough, but I do check the comments here!
And now, with good comments, testing the demo AND a walkthrough, I can buy it.

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Nov 7, 09 7:42 AM
ITS BEEN A VERY VERY SLOW WEEK FOR GAMES ....DID'NT LIKE THIS ,,TOO MUCH ..CLICK THIS ,THEN CLICK THAT..W/ OUT ANY FIREWORKS..I LOOK FOR MORE ADVENTURE WHEN I PLAY..WONT BUY.....

1Seashell7
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by 1Seashell7 on Nov 7, 09 8:28 AM
scarlet_11dy6 wrote:Well, it's better than the Inca Princess one. The graphix are so-so but the HOs are fairly EZ to find in the junkpiles. I didn't like losing a hint to skip a mini-game nor having to fetch more hints by....playing a mini-game. Are they trying to make folks nuts with that? It was kind of a nanny-nanny-boo-boo, we'll teach you to skip a mini-game by making you play yet more of them! Hints can be used one after the other w/ instant gratification & no waiting if you desire. Takes a lot of random clicking to get bright yellow stuff to swim across the screen for a few secs. Still not getting why Ogan's family curse is upon him, poor explanation in the intro. I love how "Persia" is pc BTW. Persia hasn't existed in quite a while; it's Iran.

I quit w/ 9 min left on demo b/c I had nothing left in the inventory to cut down the foilage & procure the last pieces needed for the next mini-game, & the knife & bat in tools sassed me with a "that won't work here". I used the machete to cut the vines & it disappeared from inventory. I'm assuming that's a glitch? Anyone else get that?

It wasn't a terrible HOG, just rather EZ & lacking ooomph.

Edited on 11/07/2009 at 8:30:50 AM PST

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Nov 7, 09 8:31 AM
I bought this game within minutes. I really like it. Great graphics. Smooth play, good story. I agree with all of the positive reviews people wrote in.
I played the first one and liked it. This second one is way better.
Enjoy!

1Seashell7
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by 1Seashell7 on Nov 7, 09 8:35 AM
scarlet_11dy6

Sorry I hit the button before I was done. To get the item to clear the foliage you need to complete the ring /stick game.

danny_kiddo
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by danny_kiddo on Nov 7, 09 12:49 PM
I loved this game!! I thought the graphics were pretty sharp, solid game-play and a great story! I was sick and tired of the same old same old story of the treasure seeker girl who is either looking for his long lost relative or mysteriously a "letter" landed on her lap and started a goose chase just because, at least in this story the girl has a purpose other than fortune & fame (won't spoil it lol).

I'm still playing the game and I'm really hooked. What I thought was clever is that the producers, if they're the same who did the first part of the Inca princess, improved lots of things like the graphics quality (no more tiny objects and dark scenes! yey!) and the moving screen is also gone, I liked that but I can't complain with this one.

As for the music, it's all right, I'm not fond of the middle east music but you know, the good thing is that if it annoys you, the "turning down" option is always available.

Well it doesn't bring anything new to the gender, but it definitely uses very well all the things we've seen in other games, I'm so buying this one!!!

Sante001
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by Sante001 on Nov 7, 09 1:33 PM
Disappointed with the first "Realms" game, I wasn't look for nor expecting much in this game -- HOWEVER, I enjoyed the game. Only played 35 minutes -- work to do, LOL -- but I will return and play the full demo. Fairly good graphics and items are fairly easy to find. A great bonus in this game is that they provide a description of an item if it's an unfamiliar term -- KUDOs! Can't speak to the sound, since I rarely it on. This game has some diversity of activities -- HOs, interaction, mini-games. Goodie-goodie! You can skip mini-games. You start off with 6 hints and can earn more by playing mini-games which are not difficult. Good game,

samwise50
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by samwise50 on Nov 7, 09 2:18 PM
Disappointed also. I agree with OLDBAY, slow week . Lots of clicking here and there and too many clues. Even the hints are easy to replenish. Unless you like calm and relaxing games, which is fine, this is lacking excitement for me big time. Not buying.

Go to: