deeziner
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
478 Posts

Hijacked Game--what a humbug!!

[Post New]by deeziner on Dec 16, 15 7:49 AM
It really chaps my hide when I decide to go against my better judgement and do something for the sake of the group....inthis case I (stupidly) allowed the spirit of Christmas to change my mind about accepting new friends....I REALLY didn't care if I earned the achievements tied to gifting pink boxes. But....I just kept getting friend requests...darn near hourly....so I started accepting friends...everyone seemed so frantic to fill their stable up with people they could gift to and earn their awards with.

Well...it happened! I opened my door to the wrong a**hat and my game has been hijacked.

Thank you Father Christmas for filling the world with ALLkinds of people and thank you BFG for giving us a thoroughly secure holiday event....see what I did there

For my christmas wish I am asking Santa to please bring my game back with all the beautiful pets THAT I WORKED SO HARD TO EARN, both x-mas and regular. I just dont know if I have the stuff it takes to start a fresh game....and on Kindle I cant start a fresh one with this hijacked such and such installed.

If any TRUE and kind friends here in forums have any reassurances, or things to make this traumatic event easier to accept, please, . I'm calling for your support Yes there is a help ticket in with BFG..now it is a waiting game.

Edited on 12/16/2015 at 7:50:17 AM PST

deeziner
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
478 Posts

Re:Hijacked Game--what a humbug!!

[Post New]by deeziner on Dec 16, 15 7:52 AM
And thank you kind forum members for letting me rant.

djcuz
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by djcuz on Dec 16, 15 8:17 AM
I am so sorry for your loss, it really sucks! It seems like NOTHING is safe from a**hats these days.

I just don't understand people who would do that, it's just a game, yet when you have worked so hard to get to where you are in it, it's infuriating that someone would and could just steal it all from you.

I wish you the best of luck getting it all back, and if you need any help there are plenty of GOOD people on here that would do what they can to get you back on your feet game wise.

Crystaleyes

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Dec 16, 15 8:53 AM
I don't understand HOW this happens... you're not the first, someone else on here had it happen to them this past week...

Mods, is there ANYTHING that can be done to protect a person's game?!?!?!

Even if someone didn't spend a dime on this game... the TIME someone puts in to play this game can be astronomical...

I have so many questions ... if you get your game back, does that other person also get to keep your game??.... Can you tell who stole your game??.... CAN you get your game back?? If you did spend money, can you get your money back??

The thought process of someone stealing a GAME... I don't get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought the fun was PLAYING the game, not stealing someone's game whose already played most, if not, all of it... what's the motivation??... because they "can"??? WHY??... there's no money in it for them... can't imagine you could sell it to someone else, and who would buy it if they could... and WHY buy a game someone else has already played... I'm baffled beyond belief!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sooooooooo sorry this happened to you deeziner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't imagine what you must be going through... ALL that TIME you put in to the game...

djcuz
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by djcuz on Dec 16, 15 9:50 AM
Deeziner, please keep us updated on this matter. I for one would like to know what, if anything, the devs and/or mods say and do to help you and in doing so, maybe you can help others prevent this sort of loss.

Crystaleyes

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on Dec 16, 15 10:03 AM
This happened to me last Christmas.......took a break from the trauma till just before the spring event started....and had fresh eyes and saw a fresh start was doable.......
Took patience and having the know of what was....the new became easier to not make the mistakes of the latter......although it doesn't make the event less traumatic in the least.....breathe in breathe out.....repeat......and STOMP THE CASTLE ONCE MORE.....when your ready............and Hopefully your game in the meantime will be restored to its full what was......and this post will be mute...... cheers **D@NgeR** out

deeziner
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
478 Posts

[Post New]by deeziner on Dec 16, 15 10:07 AM
Thank you djcuz and gohill for your kind words....and you too General!!!

Yes, I will keep things updated because tho I know I'm not the only player this has happened to I just don't seem to be able to find any followup from other hijacked players.

Now that I'm over my initial shock I can share some details....maybe it will jog things into better understanding....

A. There are ONLY 2 things that the hijacked game shares with my old game....the ID # and the friendslist. ALL OTHER THINGS ARE DIFFERENT. The player name...the items in inventory...the level of progress....DIAMONDS....crafted items....current Pinfeather quest....avatars and achievements.

The hijacker only gained my ID# and friend list. !?! What is the net gain!?! No profit whatsoever.

For this reason I am willing to accept that this may not really be human-powered. ( a hack or hijack). Maybe this is a computer based glitch of some sort.....maybe the other player is wondering why they are now playing as a Santa Avatared player named deziner....kind of a Freaky Friday scenario.

Now things come down to patience while I wait for customer service.....and patience for forum members as I haunt the halls with no HOSs to play......

Edited on 12/16/2015 at 10:09:57 AM PST

SilverFox47
Minnow
Minnow
216 Posts

[Post New]by SilverFox47 on Dec 16, 15 11:07 AM
Hi deeziner,

I had this happen to me too on my Android game. Just before the Christmas Event started. Really bummed Went from level 66 to level 11. Still waiting to get my game back. I keep checking with my CS Rep. Apparently the Techs are backed up, but every week nothing. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Good luck to you, I know exactly how you feel

Silver Fox

Trolden
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

[Post New]by Trolden on Dec 17, 15 12:09 AM
Omg how is that possible to hijack someone else's game? - I feel terrible for you!! All the stuff you have gathered. I don't think I will accept any new friends after reading this

It should not be possible to do this. Also a bit worried, make sure your credit card details are no where to be found connected to the game!!

Trolden

Vstromval
Herring
Herring
320 Posts

[Post New]by Vstromval on Dec 17, 15 6:14 AM
This is quite shocking! Given that this theft has no financial gain, it is malicious and nasty, if it has been deliberately!

Except, having read Trolden's comment, is it possible to get any other information about an individual, through this game? I can't remember what info we had to give to register..... I hope this isn't possible...

Debchet
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
453 Posts

[Post New]by Debchet on Dec 17, 15 6:22 AM
This is unbelievable! I'm anxious to see how this plays
out! So sorry this happened. I can't imagine your
frustration!

I can say I've had great response from Customer Service
any time I've had a problem, so hang in there!!

Please keep us posted!

Debchet

[Post New]by BlazeDuskdreamer on Dec 17, 15 7:05 AM
Oh, this is awful. And worrisome. What if they can get our credit card info from this or just use it to buy diamonds and gold?

Do keep us updated. Does anyone or a mod know what safeguards BF takes to prevent someone accessing our cc info or even just using it on a hijacked game?

I hope you get this straightened out quickly. Good luck. Don't blame you for feeling like Scrooge at the moment.

Edited on 12/17/2015 at 7:06:00 AM PST

[Post New]by Gamegirl1957 on Dec 17, 15 7:19 AM
Wow! So sorry deeziner! As a long time player, I fully understand the time investment that we put into the game! If it's a "human" involvement, karma can be a (?) you know!!
I was advised by an IT friend to not use credit cards for payment, instead use gift cards. This way no personal info can be hacked away! Sure do hope you get all your hard worked game back! I know that the good folks here in the forum ( me included) would help you recoup any thing you need! Best of luck and have the best of the season, despite all this hooey!!

[Post New]by pmwright610 on Dec 17, 15 8:44 AM
I am so technically challenged I can't even fathom how this could happen. I also took on lots of friends to help with items for achievements, but most are pretty famous in this forum, and I trust them completely. To what goal would someone do this in a freaking game? How sleezy. Thank you for the warning, and I certainly hope it ends well for you, and the hijacker gets the boot.

Judibeth
Herring
Herring
347 Posts

[Post New]by Judibeth on Dec 17, 15 9:28 AM
I, Too, am unable to understand exactly what happened or how it could occur, but this will probably make it difficult for new players to get friends because folks will be afraid to add them. That is really a shame because the level of support and gifting to those at lower levels is one of the things that makes this game special. I hope it gets straightened out soon.

ldy709
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by ldy709 on Dec 17, 15 10:30 AM
I am not sure this is truly a hack. This happened to me but in reverse. All of a sudden a person with my name, aviator, and level appeared on my friend's list. They did have a different player ID#. I never invited this player to be a friend and had no idea how they got on my friends list. Everytime I played a HOS, they appeared with the same score right under my name - again with my name, aviator, and level. I tried to delete them and I could not. I drove me nuts. I did not know how to reach out to them and ask what the heck was going on.

It did not interupt my game play, I kept making progress and increasing my levels - although they stayed at my original level when they got my name. This stayed the same for several weeks and one day I noticed that the player had gone back to their normal name, aviator, and level - I know this to be true because I kept track of their player ID#.

One day I was reading through an old Forum and saw this player complaining about the above. How they had lost their info and had mine, etc. and that they had contacted tech support. I reached out and sent them a PM, but never heard back - perhaps they never saw it. They remained on my friends list and to this day we exchange gifts.

Bottom line..... I would not be so sure it is a hack, I think it is more a "glitch" in the system that somehow happens and can be fixed eventually. Just keep contacting BF. I wish you luck!

Trolden
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

[Post New]by Trolden on Dec 17, 15 10:44 AM
You could be right Idy - lets all hope so. Still sucks ofc but at least I am less worried if this was the case.

I tested earlier to see what comes up when buying gems, you can see personal details such as address and name but most of the credit card details are encrypted so should be safe I guess - just better to be safe than sorry. So many hackers and bad people out there.

Go to: