bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

Hagia Sophia Part 2 - Papyrus Trace

[Post New]by bribling on Nov 7, 09 8:57 AM
I am missing something here. Even with the walkthrough i can't get this mini to work. Supposedly there is a papyrus next to the painting. There is a sparly spot there but clicking on it results in nothing. There is a blank papyrus on an easel. Clicking on that does nothing. Clicking on the painting does nothing.

I got the papyrus in another scene but it is not working for me here. All I keep getting is a message about using it. The Walkthough also shows the spot where I see the sparklies but no matter what I do, i can'r seem to get that papyrus to open and show me the star. I feel like such a dummy

WinonaCook
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,870 Posts

Re:Hagia Sophia Part 2 - Papyrus Trace

[Post New]by WinonaCook on Nov 7, 09 11:28 AM
place the papyrus from your inventory on the easel

LilyCat
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by LilyCat on Nov 7, 09 12:24 PM
I put the papyrus on the easel, but still couldn't see what to do. In the end I skipped the puzzle, since at that stage I hadn't bought the game and didn't want to waste time. I've bought it now, so might go back and try it at some point.

WinonaCook
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,870 Posts

[Post New]by WinonaCook on Nov 7, 09 6:47 PM
once the papyrus is placed on the easel you need to find the figure that is on it and trace it within the mosaic with your mouse, once you have done that you have solved the puzzle. pm me if you want more specific info, I don't want to spoil anything for anyone.

keely1
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by keely1 on Nov 9, 09 8:19 AM
i am in part 2 looking for the emerald in the pillow. it says to use my pocket knife to cut it open. in the game before at the bazarr where you get the knife i played the game 4 times i get the knife but it does not go into my inventory. what am i doing werong. i cant continue till i finish this page. thx for help before hands.

LilyCat
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by LilyCat on Nov 10, 09 2:32 AM
Keely - you can access the knife, the magnifying glass and the baseball bat, as you get them, by clicking on the blue blob in the top left-hand corner of the screen.

I'm getting a bit tired of being told to open cushions, break pots etc to get objects - IMHO that's not problem-solving, just rather lazy game design.

catmartie
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by catmartie on Nov 16, 09 7:44 AM
LilyCat wrote:Keely - you can access the knife, the magnifying glass and the baseball bat, as you get them, by clicking on the blue blob in the top left-hand corner of the screen.

I'm getting a bit tired of being told to open cushions, break pots etc to get objects - IMHO that's not problem-solving, just rather lazy game design.

catmartie
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by catmartie on Nov 16, 09 7:47 AM
I agree with the point about smashing and cutting to get objects, that's not difficult, especially as the game makes it so obvious. I don't like the idea of going into Hagia Sofia, or someone's shop, etc, and smashing things up to get what I want!

Go to: