ayla100
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

Westward IV

[Post New]by ayla100 on Nov 7, 09 11:17 AM
Hi, Sandlot is offering pre-order for WESTWARD IV - can it be pre-ordered from BIG FISH also? If not, when should we expect to see it available at BIG FISH? Thanks

Poppa47
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,489 Posts

Westward IV

[Post New]by Poppa47 on Nov 7, 09 11:27 AM
ayla100 wrote:Hi, Sandlot is offering pre-order for WESTWARD IV - can it be pre-ordered from BIG FISH also? If not, when should we expect to see it available at BIG FISH? Thanks

it's available for demo on the site you mentioned but requests that other game sites not be mentioned by full name so as not to promote a competitor. For that place you can just say SLG ( most of us will understand )

Have a good time here in the pond. Make friends and chime in all you want.
To answer your question, I have never seen a preorder deal here, new games come up at random, always as a TGT and only has a new game daily.

FairyonPegasus
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,495 Posts

Re:Westward IV

[Post New]by FairyonPegasus on Nov 7, 09 3:04 PM
I've been looking forward to this one. I know my daughter will be really excited, she loves the Westward games. We sat on the phone for hours playing the game and figuring out what we had to do. We should get this one since we have all the others.

Welcome to the Pond!

Kymberli_W
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Kymberli_W on Nov 7, 09 10:30 PM
I've been waiting patiently all year for this one to come out. Westward IV: All Aboard will be available in the very near future from SLG. PLEASE make this available to the pond as soon as it's available.

I'm jumping for joy and beside myself.

I think as soon as all the Westward fans finds out it will be out very soon they will being wanting it as well.

[Post New]by paperdoll49103 on Nov 15, 09 10:00 AM
I am really, really excited to get this one too! I have all the others, the Westward series is sooo much fun to play! Hurry...we need this game! =)

hls72
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by hls72 on Dec 6, 09 12:16 PM
Me too! Looking forward to this game.

hermette
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by hermette on Dec 8, 09 8:08 PM
So, has anyone tried it yet? I like it, but am stuck already at the 3rd train stop. Can't figure out how to get around all those bandits.

If someone knows, please help me. I'm getting was too frustrated.

bitojoy
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,788 Posts

[Post New]by bitojoy on Dec 8, 09 9:39 PM
have you tried the game forum for this hermette? I haven't purchased this one yet so let me know how it is k?
Happy gaming !

hermette
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by hermette on Dec 9, 09 10:44 AM
Oh, thanks for the thought *hehe* Thought I was in it

So far, I like the game very much.

Edited on 12/09/2009 at 10:48:30 AM PST

FairyonPegasus
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,495 Posts

[Post New]by FairyonPegasus on Dec 9, 09 11:13 AM
I love this game as much as I did the first three.

I am also to the part where I am building the track around the bandits. I've only built 3 or 4 pieces so far, had to save the game to take my daughter in law with my grandson's to the doctor.

Here is a link to the blog walkthrough here on BF for you written by Robin.
http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/westward-iv-all-aboard-walkthrough/

bfgEuphrates
1,152 Posts

[Post New]by bfgEuphrates on Dec 9, 09 3:19 PM
Hi Fishies,

Since we've released Westward IV: All Aboard now, I'm going to go ahead and move this over to the full game forum. Just a heads up!

Happy gaming!

bfgEuphrates

FDLT1
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by FDLT1 on Mar 10, 10 11:03 PM
Does anyone know how to stop the mine collapses and ultimately finish the "Dogwood" section. I've tried everything I can imagine ad nothing works.

Thanks.

Rich at rkukac@aol.com

GeorgeTSLC
Salmon
Salmon
2,992 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Mar 13, 10 9:03 AM
FDLT1 wrote:Does anyone know how to stop the mine collapses and ultimately finish the "Dogwood" section. I've tried everything I can imagine a[n]d nothing works.
You're going to have trouble with this game if your reading skills are low--which seems unlikely, since you write perfectly well! However, you've missed two important points.

1. There is no Dogwood in Westward IV. This quest appears only in Ogdenville. (Ogd >> Dog, unstressed en drops out, ville >> wood -- unlikely mutations, but they seem to have happened here. Or maybe it's a word confusion, not sounds.)

2. Soon after you arrive, a dialog box pops up from one of the citizens. You are told that you need to fortify the mines to stop them from collapsing. (If you missed this, you're definitely not the first one. And if you've gotten in the habit of clicking past dialogs, be warned that in this game that habit can ruin you.)

At some previous point, I think you should have learned that in order to fortify mines and buildings, you have to build a Lumber Mill, an upgraded Lumber Camp. To do so requires the following, some of which you've probably already done or have already been done for you in Ogdenville:
* Buy the Lumber Mill Upgrade from the Store.
* Buy the Fortification Upgrade from the Store.
* Build a Lumber Camp.
* Upgrade it (select it) and click the green up-arrow. (This requires resources, but you've probably collected enough already.)
* Select the Lumber Mill and click the fortification plaque on its wall.
After you have done that the item at the upper left about stopping the cave-ins should disappear.

Edited on 03/13/2010 at 9:04:12 AM PST

Go to: