The Dracula Files

bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

The Dracula Files

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Nov 8, 09 12:05 AM
Michael and Quinn Harker, the descendants of the legendary Van Helsing and Harker families, must stop the evil Dracula and save their friend before he is lost to the darkness forever! Track down the count as you face werewolves, vampires, and dark spirits in The Dracula Files, a globe-spanning Gothic Hidden Object Adventure game. End Dracula’s reign of terror once and for all and save your friend!

Re:The Dracula Files

[Post New]by flyingsquirrely on Nov 8, 09 12:15 AM
Deleted

Edited on 01/06/2010 at 7:49:14 PM PST

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Nov 8, 09 12:15 AM
I posted the following in a discussion some time back. I just can't bring myself to demo again, sorry.

Just tried the demo for this and I am unimpressed. Graphics below par, hidden object scenes so dark and grainy onbjects very difficult to see, badly cartooned characters, repetitive music.

Good points - potentially interesting story line (tho a bit silly? Draco winery and no one seems to notice how the proprietor looks? ) and Timer is optional, so both folks who like timers and those who don't are catered to, which is a good thing. Some inventory interactivity, which is always a big plus.

I never made it to a mini-game as I really didn't want to keep playing. That's a bad sign. Honestly I wanted to quit before finishing even the first Hidden Object scene with the annoying music loop and grainy picture, but I pushed on. But when I saw the next grainy scene I just couldn't bring myself to go further.

Lots of hype about this from the posts in these forums by the developer did not help the cause, imo. Hype needs to be followed by something hype-worthy. Sorry, this is not.

2easy
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by 2easy on Nov 8, 09 12:18 AM
YAWN!!

lauriedoss
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by lauriedoss on Nov 8, 09 12:23 AM
As usual Poodlebear...you have saved me some wasted time. I won't even demo it, as you have never steered us wrong with your evaluations. Thanks!

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Nov 8, 09 12:32 AM
Hooray!!! Another HOG- and its a bad one!!! Everyone celebrate

The worst they are the better- bring them on !!

Ahhh I am in an overload on HOG meltdown

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Nov 8, 09 12:38 AM
govegril wrote: Hooray!!! Another HOG- and its a bad one!!! Everyone celebrate

The worst they are the better- bring them on !!

Ahhh I am in an overload on HOG meltdown

...Nice Claws...

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Nov 8, 09 1:06 AM
Lasted 17 horrible minutes. A very unpleasant game. Graphics are awful.

Keziah000
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by Keziah000 on Nov 8, 09 1:14 AM
Sorry but I LOVE the HOG games the best - so yes, I guess we all have different tastes.
I played two fantastic HOGs lately, and have been checking everyday to see if they arrive at BF, but not yet. Campfire Legends, The Hookman was seriously the scariest Hidden Object/adventure game I have ever played, and the other one was the third in the Women's Murder Club series. BF seems to be the only gamer that is virus free and 100% reliable, and by far the most preferable source, but the HOGs have been a little lack-lustre recently (apart from Devil's Triangle which was a standout).

I can understand some BF devotees getting bored with some recent HOGs.
Hopefully BF will have these two games on board soon.

Edited on 11/08/2009 at 1:15:25 AM PST

katejoe999
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by katejoe999 on Nov 8, 09 1:21 AM
Hi, haven't tried this yet but am downloading now. Would just like to add that I also found the game 'Campfire Legends, The Hookman' brilliant, at least as far as the short demo took me. It does seem to take a bit longer for some games to get to BFG but then they are cheaper and I never have any problems with downloads.
Will check our Dracula Files.

Keziah000
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by Keziah000 on Nov 8, 09 1:27 AM
I certainly agree katejoe999. Prefer BFG to everyone else by a long shot.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Nov 8, 09 1:27 AM
LOL! The cartoon icon up top on the Forums link put me off. I often agree with Poodle so this looks and sounds like a stinker but I will still try it. Might be worth a laugh but if it is as awful as it sounds, I may not even have that.

For those who care, it looks like it might be lengthy. Isn't that the way with the ones we don't like?

Edited on 11/08/2009 at 1:29:15 AM PST

88blyth
Catfish
Catfish
1,705 Posts

[Post New]by 88blyth on Nov 8, 09 1:29 AM
i am downloading the trial, have been waiting for this one (i have not looked on another site for it)..BUT, if poodlebear says its THAT bad..!!!!!! x x x

gellyitaly
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by gellyitaly on Nov 8, 09 1:52 AM
I love HOG and feel recently they have really progressed into some great games, after reading the reviews here I'm reluctant to waste my time downloading this game, as I have a slow connection (I live in the middle of nowhere!), I want to say thanks to other fishies for thier comments for not making me waste my time, (although I might try it one day when I've finished all my other outstanding games!)

prchalpn
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,132 Posts

[Post New]by prchalpn on Nov 8, 09 2:08 AM
I was very disappointed after reading all the hype on this upcoming game .
I could only play for about 15 minutes before deleting it.
I'm sure the developers work hard making these games and are proud of them, but this one just doesn't stand a chance with me.
Guess I'm spoiled after playing BF's other Drac games. It's like getting a steak dinner with those and getting a cold sandwich with this one.

niya00
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by niya00 on Nov 8, 09 2:11 AM
already lost! need the number 8 froma secret spot ?????

besstan
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by besstan on Nov 8, 09 2:22 AM
no good crap arrow all over the place wont play well never mind has done us proud this last week so not complaining just not this game besstan

[Post New]by polyperchon on Nov 8, 09 2:28 AM
I played to the first mini game and then I gave up. The dialog is too slow, even when you click through it and I agree with whoever said that the music gets super irritating. (It really needed voice actors to make it interesting).

I didn't have a hard time finding the hidden objects, but I kept getting penalised for random clicks because the items like the walking cane and bow were very thin and hard to click on.

And why oh why would they have an "8" that you can't click on hidden in the first scene and then tell you to find an 8! It took me forever to realise you needed to use the calculator instead of clicking the obvious 8 in the scene!

It's a shame because the premise could have been really fun.

podette
Clownfish
Clownfish
527 Posts

[Post New]by podette on Nov 8, 09 2:31 AM
This is such a dull uninteresting game. Uninstalling it

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Nov 8, 09 2:34 AM
prchalpn wrote:I was very disappointed after reading all the hype on this upcoming game .
I could only play for about 15 minutes before deleting it.
I'm sure the developers work hard making these games and are proud of them, but this one just doesn't stand a chance with me.
Guess I'm spoiled after playing BF's other Drac games. It's like getting a steak dinner with those and getting a cold sandwich with this one.

Yes, that is true- there was a lot of hype. I gave the game 3 tries just to work out what I was overlooking but could not find it.

Edited on 11/08/2009 at 2:34:57 AM PST

Go to: