Bemused123
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by Bemused123 on Jan 15, 18 2:25 AM
I wonder if someone can throw a light on something a bit weird happening with my game.

I have had Xmas room 2 from the time it was available. I did not do anything to the other room. One of my friends mentioned that my spring room was opened but when I go into my room it is Xmas room 2.

I remember a lot of problems with rooms during the Spring event. I bought the gold bells and that seems to fix the issue.

My questions are: how can I see one room and my friends another? What can I do about it as I am not aware it is happening?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jan 15, 18 5:10 PM
Hello Bemused123,

That's an interesting situation, and I'm unsure why that might be happening. Usually, players set their private room and all of their friends can see that specific room to access it. It sounds like in this instance some friends are not seeing the room that was set to active.

In this case, I recommend seeing if making a small change to that private room and saving that change can help with getting all of your friends to see it as normal.

If this seems to continue even after trying that, I recommend contacting our Midnight Castle Support Team with a description of what is occurring along with your Friend Code. Our Reps will be sure to take that information and provide it to the appropriate teams who can investigate further.

Thank you for letting us know what you've been experiencing, and I hope that suggestion helps get the room change to stick. Otherwise, I want to thank you for your patience while working with our teams. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

nopla3039
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by nopla3039 on Jan 17, 18 6:59 AM
In the last 3 days I have beat Anabel 2x for an item but all I get is 100 coins which is what I spent to play her

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jan 17, 18 5:14 PM
Hello nopla3039,

I'm sorry to hear that there hasn't been good luck in receiving that item there.While there is an item noted as the reward, since the items offered are generally for a quest objective, it's possible that when a player doesn't need an item Anabel offers that gold is provided as a winning reward instead. That said, it's strange that it's in the same amount as what was provided to play, so I'd like to request writing in to our Support Team should this continue.

Please contact our Midnight Castle Support Team with your Friend Code and a description of what has occurred should this happen again. It might also help to provide our teams a screenshot of the reward that was received instead of the item when providing the description. This information will help our Reps assist more quickly and they'll be sure to follow up as soon as they can.

Thank you for your patience. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by Mousie22 on Jan 17, 18 7:19 PM
I just switched to a new computer and when I opened my midnight castle game after having to reinstall it, I am back to square one. No multiple pets, no uncle, not on the level I should be on. How do I get my game back?

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Jan 17, 18 7:48 PM
Mousie22 wrote:I just switched to a new computer and when I opened my midnight castle game after having to reinstall it, I am back to square one. No multiple pets, no uncle, not on the level I should be on. How do I get my game back?

It happens to every player with a new machine, but Customer Support can get your old game back for you. Here's how:

Customer Support can transfer your old game to your new one, since they are both the same system (PC).

Step one: start a new game on your new computer.
(yes, you will be level one for now, but jot down the new player id number)

step two:
click on HELP from top right of this page
then MORE
then CONTACT CUSTOMER SUPPORT
then SUBMIT A REQUEST (in blue off to the right of that page)

Type in your request to transfer your original game.
They will need BOTH your old and new player id numbers AND your email address.

You'll get an email that feels like an impersonal form letter, but you must REPLY to that email and repeat your issue or they will close the trouble ticket.

They can transfer your old game with its current: level, diamonds, items, coins etc....the bad part is your friends don't transfer.

After customer support helps you, you can invite friends back with your NEW id number.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jan 18, 18 10:48 AM
Hello Mousie22,

Thanks for reaching out, and thank you susiewastaken for swimming by to provide this helpful information.

To move game progress from one computer to a new one, players must contact our Midnight Castle Support Team. A Midnight Castle game can be transferred directly if the player can provide both the original game's and the new game's Friend Codes. If the original game's Friend Code isn't available, then the player can let our Support Team know the level they'd reached, and our Support Team will do their best to rebuild the game.

(It's important to note that due to a limitation of the Midnight Castle tool, Friend Lists can't be transferred and must be rebuilt. Posting the new game's Friend Code to the designated Android, iOS, and
PC threads can be a really great way to get new in-game friends.)

I hope this information helps. Please don't hesitate to PM me or another moderator. We're here to help!

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by Tracker1957 on Jan 19, 18 3:09 PM
Hi all,
New to game. Have been enjoying until I ran into problem. At level12 for the moment and had finished crafting "The Stone Chaps" and was heading back to find a place to discover something about them. When I got there there was a floating globe. I clicked on it and there was a drop down that showed the item I crafted and nothing happened. So I closed the drop down and over 2000 coins and the Chaps disappeared. Was a bit upset after having gotten that far to lose so much. I figured I would have to start allover again, but after deleting the game from my unit and the cloud, then downloading i am still at the same spot. Is there a way to recover what was lost or at the least reset the game so I can start all over again. Still quite , for lack of using another term, Upset!
Thanks for any help or info.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jan 19, 18 3:17 PM
Hello Tracker1957,

Welcome to the forums, and I'm sorry to hear there was trouble while crafting and that some items and currency appear to have been lost. We definitely want to help out when issues like this happen and I want to provide the steps needed to contact our Support Team for further assistance.

For this issue, I recommend contacting our Midnight Castle Support Team with a description of what happened, the items and currency that appear to be missing, and yout Friend Code. Our Reps are always happy to help out and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience while working with our teams and I hope that they are able to help soon. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Edited on 01/19/2018 at 4:23:19 PM PST

[Removed by Moderator]

[Post New]by patricizozu on Jan 19, 18 11:13 PM

Edited on 01/20/2018 at 3:39:00 PM PST

[Removed by Moderator]

[Post New]by patricizzu on Jan 20, 18 2:23 AM

Edited on 01/20/2018 at 3:39:11 PM PST

btroi
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by btroi on Jan 20, 18 5:31 PM
My old laptop is in the process of crashing. I was Morgana #592365, level 82. My new laptop version is Morgaine # 725719. Please transfer my game to this new laptop. Many Thanks!!!!!

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Jan 20, 18 6:48 PM
btroi wrote:My old laptop is in the process of crashing. I was Morgana #592365, level 82. My new laptop version is Morgaine # 725719. Please transfer my game to this new laptop. Many Thanks!!!!!

You need to put in the support ticket yourself, but it is worth the effort.

Detailed instructions are posted above on this same page (my reply to mousie22) and also, a moderator put in some clickable links.

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Jan 20, 18 6:58 PM
My game is moving in slow motion tonight.
I closed it, reopened and same results.
Just gifted, and left the game. It is too wonky to play it this way.

Other sites and the forum are fine.

Anyone else?
ETA:
Hours later...tried another restart of computer and game speed is back to normal.

(too sleepy to play, but that isn't a tech issue. lol)

Edited on 01/21/2018 at 12:04:24 AM PST

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jan 22, 18 3:58 PM
Hello btroi and susiewastaken,

Thank you for your patience while waiting for a response. It sounds like there was a laptop that crashed and that there is a new laptop to transfer that original progress to. susiewastaken is correct that contacting our Midnight Castle Support Team with those two Friend Codes, and our Reps will be sure to follow up to transfer that progress as soon as they can. Thanks susiewastaken for that support.

As for the issue being seen with the game slowing down, it's possible that running the game without other background programs or with Administrator permissions could help get the game to run more smoothly. It sounds like it may have cleared up on its own, so I just wanted to provide the steps to run the game as an Administrator should other players want to try those steps:

Run Game as Administrator

Players who would like more assistance are encouraged to contact our Support Team with their Friend Code using the links above. Our Reps will be sure to follow up to help as best they can.

Thanks for your time, and I hope this was helpful. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Edited on 02/08/2018 at 3:58:20 PM PST

[Post New]by 1thomas1 on Jan 23, 18 8:18 AM
I opened up this game on Saturday and a different user showed up. I reopened the game at Facebook but still have “dona” as this persons game.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jan 23, 18 11:50 AM
Hello 1thomas1,

I absolutely understand reaching out to us and am sorry your Midnight Castle game appears to have switched with another user's. I'd recommend contacting our Midnight Castle Support Team as quickly as possible. Please include the new game's Friend Code as well as the Friend Code from your game (if it's available). Our Support Team will investigate the matter as quickly as possible.

Thank you so much for your patience. Don't hesitate to PM me or another moderator if any further questions arise. We'll be glad to be of help.

bfgBeruna

ptdreamers
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by ptdreamers on Jan 23, 18 12:45 PM
After the winter game I started the game the next day and got an error message that the game wouldn't run and needed to close. I turned my computer off and back on and then was unable to access anything. Long story short, after several hours with manufacturer they had me start system over. I have lost everything and am waiting to hear from BF if they will restore me to my level. When I downloaded game it started me over at level one with a new ID. I was at level 82 with mucho dinero and goodies. Hope it all resolves.

leslieb
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by leslieb on Jan 23, 18 3:15 PM
Hi
I hadn't played this for a couple of months and just clicked on it to play, told me it had an update for fixing bugs and problems etc...so did the update...and guess what it restarted the whole game...I have lost everything..Can a Tech please advise me how to get back my progress please.
I have my ID Number, and I wrote down my client number, content and Server Prod while it was updating, so if you all can fix it, I would much appreciate it..

Thanks

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jan 24, 18 3:25 PM
Hello ptdreamers and leslieb,

I am sorry to hear that there has been a loss of progress and definitely understand the desire to continue playing from where the game was last saved. It sounds like ptdreamers that you may already be in touch with our Support Team, but just in case, I wanted to provide the steps below of how to contact our team for assistance with restoring your progress.

For players who have seen a loss of progress, I recommend contacting our Midnight Castle Support Team with the original progress' Friend Code as well as the new Friend Code being seen on the profile with no progress. Our Reps will then use that information to assist further. If you do not have your original Friend Code, please provide as much detail about the lost progress as possible, such as level achieved, username of the account, gold and diamonds available, pets and avatars earned, and items in inventory.

Thank you for your patience, and I hope this is able to help. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Go to: