Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Elly Cooper and the City of Antiquity here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Dec 21, 15 12:47 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 12/21/2015 at 6:38:09 AM PST

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Elly Cooper and the City of Antiquity here.

[Post New]by lovely62 on Dec 21, 15 1:07 AM
the game dont make sense it takes you into dark and shows you what to look for and you cant see the items it tell you to get, not only that the letters are so dim..I did like the 1st part I will pass on this game until i find out if its a glitch..

pita1234
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by pita1234 on Dec 21, 15 2:51 AM
Black screen - sound, but no picture. Windows XP.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Dec 21, 15 6:38 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Dec 21, 15 6:45 AM
Hi lovely62 and pita1234,

I'm sorry to hear that there is some issue with this particular game. It looks like what you are both experiencing falls under the general crash issues. Please look at the following help article to ensure that everything is up to date with your video card driver.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you find that you are still having issues, you are welcome to reach out to our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. We definitely want to help get things up and running for you.

bfgBellerophon

maizijane
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by maizijane on Dec 21, 15 2:12 PM
I am in Chapter 1. When I put the forceps together they disappeared from inventory. am I missing something? I am unable to grab the thing from the fireplace.

hvn1sent
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by hvn1sent on Dec 21, 15 2:19 PM
How do i get the clock hand from above the train station door?

[Post New]by mackin on Dec 21, 15 4:05 PM
cant get the game to work properly and would like it if the game is fixed but for now i will not buy it

[Post New]by vsvillanoseven on Dec 22, 15 10:24 AM
I'm also in Chapter I and I put together the forceps ready to take the heated glue out of the fireplace. The glue disappeared!!!! Was ready to buy the game, but now I'm a bit hesitant.

[Post New]by ceemwhy on Dec 22, 15 6:50 PM
I am having the exact same problem that Lovely is having. I have an XP so I don't know if that is contributing to this or not but I usually don't have problems with the the games here. At the beginning, when you're supposed to be doing hop for the bathroom, the screen is black but has a faint list at the bottom saying what to the look for. If I randomly click on the screen I actually get a couple of the items, so I do not consider this as just a blank screen or a crash. In the right hand corner there is piece of something showing kind of like a flag. I tried lightening the screen and it did not help. Checked DirectX and I have the latest version. Could not find any problems in diagnostics.

[Post New]by philanna3827 on Dec 22, 15 8:23 PM
vsvillanoseven wrote:I'm also in Chapter I and I put together the forceps ready to take the heated glue out of the fireplace. The glue disappeared!!!! Was ready to buy the game, but now I'm a bit hesitant.

Yes, the glue disappeared so I can't glue the cup.

[Post New]by Thuaisceant on Dec 23, 15 12:51 PM
I'm sensing there is a glitch in the Wild West in the room of the hotel. I think I'm supposed to zoom into the chest and place the keys there. However, this is not happening (I only zoomed once when I didn't have both halves). I have both halves now but the cursor is not changing its shape to let me zoom into the chest to complete the task.

Drammar
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Drammar on Dec 24, 15 12:13 AM
I managed to glue the cup (I didn't need the forceps to get the glue out of the fire) but now the cup doesn't appear in the inventory. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no luck. Unfortunately, I already bought it! I should know better.

[Post New]by katydid0243 on Dec 24, 15 3:03 PM
i just started this game and play your games all the time but once I found all the times in the cellar I could not get out or go anywhere else no matter what I tried..instead I just kept getting the same objects again to look for over again..its like its frozen. what's the deal?

lynniepoo87
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by lynniepoo87 on Dec 25, 15 7:30 AM
I am having the same types of problems. I played the game the first time, and in the Wild West the chest opened with only one part of the lock, so now I'm stuck with 1/2 the lock and I can't go on any further.

I tried playing again, and the rag at Henry's office disappeared after I collected it, so I can't wipe off the trash can. I'm using Windows 10 (Home) as my operating system.

[Post New]by lilturbo on Dec 25, 15 8:24 AM
I am unable to crack the nut because I some how earlier moved the nutcracker's arm and now it is no longer visible.

KDinMD43
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by KDinMD43 on Dec 28, 15 8:56 AM
When I dissolved the glue in the fire the pan and glue disappeared from inventory. I went to the office and couldn't light any candles but suddenly the pan and glue appeared again. Wierd.

[Post New]by Cuddlefish on Dec 28, 15 3:22 PM
I picked up the rag on the front steps of the office but when I got to the alley the rag had disappeared so I can't take the lid off the garbage can

I shut the game down and came back and the rag was back. Strange

Edited on 12/28/2015 at 3:28:02 PM PST

[Post New]by jmc2260 on Dec 31, 15 6:22 PM
There is no lantarn in the campsite. I turned the game off and back on and it didn't fix the problem. I have windows 10.

[Post New]by jmc2260 on Dec 31, 15 6:24 PM
Turn game off then back on and the arm should be back in place.

Go to: