Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

Gardenscapes = Problem with download

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Nov 10, 09 1:57 PM
Download goes ok, but as soon as I start the game, and loading,
it goes to "thanks for playing". Anyone else having problem, or is
it just my "ancient" computer?

I seem to meet the requirements, but somehow, no go.

And it sounds Soooooooooooooooo good.

Thanks for any help. Will try tech support in a few days if nothing
improves.

Re:Gardenscapes = Problem with download

[Post New]by nuttyplayer53 on Nov 10, 09 2:22 PM
I didn't have problems with the download but the pictures came up all screwed up so I took it out redownloaded found it to be okay for the first couple of rooms then the picture went all wonky like it was all different colors. so maybe I will wait and hopefully the problem will be fixed as it looks like it is a fun game

[Post New]by jripSoCal on Nov 10, 09 3:16 PM
My trial run went OK, but soon as i bought it, I started having problems. Now it just shuts down, and i can't play it at all, and i did un- and-re- install .
, 45 mins later.... I went to tech help, downloaded an update, game worked fine for about half an hour, now it just shuts down again.

Edited on 11/10/2009 at 4:06:16 PM PST

KitKat5169
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,099 Posts

[Post New]by KitKat5169 on Nov 10, 09 4:46 PM
My problem is exactly the same as Nuttyplayer. What I did get to see I really thought was cute.

lindawithag
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by lindawithag on Nov 10, 09 6:48 PM
My computer went 'wonky' too...it took several minutes to load the game once it was downloaded and installed...then the screen image was too large - lots of weird problems with my task manager, etc...I had to turn off my computer - which is old but updated - Syberia is working just fine - so, I too will wait so see if anything pops up and can be corrected - looks like a fun game...I have uninstalled for now.

deztoy
Flounder
Flounder
2,466 Posts

[Post New]by deztoy on Nov 10, 09 9:08 PM
The game downloaded and installed with no problems, but when I click on play, it will not play. Does nothing. I uninstalled and re-downloaded and same thing, will not open up. The reviews sounded so good, and really want the game, but looks like no go for me. Disappointed.

Yay! I downloaded the game to my XP and it plays fine now. Was trying to play it on Vista, but wouldn't open.

Edited on 11/13/2009 at 9:46:31 AM PST

glamma
Clownfish
Clownfish
736 Posts

[Post New]by glamma on Nov 10, 09 10:27 PM
I am also having trouble downloading this game. The same thing happens on Island Realms and Elementals, when I press the play this game button the screen 'blinks' once doen't open the game and then goes to play again screen. My computer is getting old, but not sure if I want to try the Windows 7 yet.

iluvmycats63
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by iluvmycats63 on Nov 10, 09 10:54 PM
The only good thing I can say about the game is the music lol because for 15 mins thats all I heard while the bar slowly went across saying loading ....The puppy looked cute but nooooo game grrrrrrrr....

tezaber
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by tezaber on Nov 11, 09 2:37 PM
For me, the game downloaded and installed, but it said "Trial Expired" with the "Buy Now" button and it didn't even give me the option to play for the hour. I didn't bother to reupload it, just deleted the whole thing and decided not to bother with it anymore.

[Post New]by maidenwolf on Nov 11, 09 5:51 PM
Same issue here....dl's ok, seems to load ok, then just won't go. I get a movie-type error. Very strange as my computer is not old, and games work fine normally. ugh

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Nov 16, 09 10:50 AM
I went to a few of the other sites and they are having trouble with the game also!

I had a problem after the FULL download and CS is telling me that my Graphics card is not big enough to carry the full game
I wish that BFG WOULD....

Give the Graphic info. before fishies buy the game!

PEN

[Post New]by workforwine on Nov 16, 09 2:08 PM
Downloaded fine but I cannot play the trial version either. I can either get past the intro and meet Austin and tell him my name but if I select Play/Start it kicks me back to Big Fish "Thank You for Playing! You have 56 minutes of Play Remaining"
I have uninstalled and reinstalled 4 times now and cannot get beyond that scene. If I try to cut or skip the voice over scene after the intro I get the hourglass of doom...My PC is not old and my drives are updated. I have downloaded other games in the interim (waiting for customer service to get back to me) and I have not had a problem like this with other games. Hidden Magic drove me NUTS with that elusive "Acorn" and empty, bare shelves but that is it...Does it sound like a glitch in the Gardenscapes game?

[Post New]by MargieYakubovich on Nov 20, 09 4:34 PM
Same problem here. As soon as the green loading bar gets close to the end it shuts down and says thanks for playing.

I guess it's time for a new graphics card. That sounds like the problem as there are other games that I can't play as well.

[Post New]by maldrich on Nov 20, 09 8:19 PM
mine downloaded just fine, but the pages are quite often messed up...can't see them. I go back to the garden & start the page again and sometimes it helps, most of the time not. The same "rooms" can be messed up once and fine the next...all pages, all rooms, all menus has the same problem. I did the trial first and the same thing happened. So I uninstalled the game and then downloaded it again when I decided to buy it and the purchased one has the same problems. I did finish the game and it is a fun and long...... game. The only thing, the ending was kinda strange. When I thought I was done with everything--had finished the garden, I had to go back to one more room and then it finally ended...

pinkiii
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by pinkiii on Nov 22, 09 5:18 PM
Yer, i also had problems.Loaded o.k. but 10mins or so into the game Dots and Dashes!etc.Contacted BF,and he was right,my Lap-top was OLD!(4yrs!) So an early Christmas present,a new Lap-top and the Game is great now.

[Post New]by nttyprfssr on Nov 23, 09 6:13 AM
I have been reading how everyone is getting problems with the dowmlaod I had the same I have an nvidia 6 series graphics card and I read on technical that it could be updates to graphics caed I updated mine and it runs good now
I hope this helps

Go to: