Game locking up, but ran fine until this point

[Post New]by lolythia444 on Nov 10, 09 3:01 PM
Hiyas guys and gals, maybe someone can help me. My game loaded perfectly fine through the scene where you have to find the goblin shield and weapon, the scene where you have to find you first four spells, but then that is when IT happens.

Up until this next point, my game runs smoothly. The scene stating that there is a battle loads up fine, but when loading the actual battle, I get the glowing yellow star-ish thing in the center of the bottom, but it is glowing extremely slow this time, and will sit there for what seems like forever, I have yet to have the patience to go beyond 5 minutes.

Before I activated the game, and was only playing it as the one hour demo, I got past this scene, I think even into the fifth or sixth battle, so this happened once I activated the game after purchasing it.

Does anyone have any input they can offer me?

Before the driver issue or Direct X is brought up, both are up to date. As I stated, it worked perfectly fine when played as the one hour demo, but I did download all updates for everything on my PC, and nothing changed. Why would it work in trial mode but not the full version?

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

Re:Game locking up, but ran fine until this point

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Nov 11, 09 8:20 AM
As this is a technical problem, click on the green envelope for BFG CS, then click on Contact Us.

fstar
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by fstar on Nov 15, 09 3:11 AM
I have the same exact problem. I contacted CS & got the standard "this and that" needs to be updated. Everything is updated. I was able to continue each time this happened by clicking on the "start/windows key" wait 30 seconds, sometimes more and then go back into the game and was able to continue until the next fight scene. This is how I wound up finishing the game. It was a real pain in the neck. I'm going to uninstall it and see how it does after re-installing it before I contact them again.

[Post New]by lolythia444 on Dec 3, 09 12:48 AM
Big Fish Games apparently released an update, and this update fixed the problem that I was having. It was an update that was specifically for this game, so maybe they knew about the issue and released it to take care of it. Whatever the reason for the release, I am glad that they did. I am playing the game and absolutely love it. It is a breath of fresh air compared to the other HOB games that I play, and I am currently in the middle of about 2 dozen games, lol. Thank you BFG and keep up the great work and excellent customer care!

Go to: