Is Redrum really that intense and frightening?

[Post New]by amandatorres on Nov 10, 09 6:23 PM
I was looking at the game, and it looked really good and interesting. I am a fan of darker games- Puppetville, Return to Ravenhearst,etc. I am also a fan of horror movies and books, so i am sure it would not be things I haven't seen on the big screen or read about in my books. But is it really scary and intense?? Like what would you rate the intensity level out of 5?? What do you think?
I am not sure I want to DL a game that will REALLY scare me, I did not like "DarkFall" when I tried to play that game.

wrath6
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

Re:Is Redrum really that intense and frightening?

[Post New]by wrath6 on Dec 5, 09 6:40 PM
hi,

i played the hour demo and got all the way past the dentist murder, i think about chapter 6. I didnt find the game scary or gross , but the game was not for me. i like something a little more challenging then this. I hope this helps, i read some of the earlier comments and they were helpful but playing the demo made up mine mind for me. I noticed on a few of the comments they stated the little girl had her head cut open and was stick with needles, that is not true that was just the intro. Again i hope mine comments help.

dlb628
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by dlb628 on Dec 5, 09 6:55 PM
I didn't find it particularly frightening. I love the game, and I like creepy games in general, but I don't know that I would call any hidden object game particularly scary. That's just me. Maybe if you're squeamish or sensitive, you might have a problem with a few parts of it, but you'd have to be REALLY squeamish or sensitive. I've never played "Darkfall", so I can't really compare it with that.

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Dec 5, 09 7:30 PM
dlb628 wrote:I didn't find it particularly frightening. I love the game, and I like creepy games in general, but I don't know that I would call any hidden object game particularly scary. That's just me. Maybe if you're squeamish or sensitive, you might have a problem with a few parts of it, but you'd have to be REALLY squeamish or sensitive. I've never played "Darkfall", so I can't really compare it with that.

Ditto.
It also had some great humor if you take the time to read the text.

Euskalduna
Stingray
Stingray
5,991 Posts

[Post New]by Euskalduna on Dec 5, 09 7:50 PM
I have played the demo, don't remember when, don't remember where, but this game is neither intense nor frightening. Not for me, at least. In fact, I thought it kind of blah. But different tastes for different persons.

nocturnadawn
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by nocturnadawn on Dec 5, 09 11:01 PM
The intro was probably the most "intense" part of the whole game. Some of the images were a bit disturbing (the inkblot part) for instance, but as others have said, on the whole it wasn't really that bad. The story line itself was pretty horrible, mostly because this sort of thing probably does happen. The only part that creeped me out was the doctors last few dairy entries. I won't say what they were in case you decide to play it, but those were the kind that make you go "gag".

[Post New]by Rosefrad on Mar 30, 11 5:51 PM
HECK YA

meanymouse
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by meanymouse on Jul 28, 11 12:22 PM
Intro is cool and story line is great but no it is not scary.

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

Is Redrum really that intense and frightening?

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Sep 13, 11 7:10 PM
amandatorres wrote:I was looking at the game, and it looked really good and interesting. I am a fan of darker games- Puppetville, Return to Ravenhearst,etc. I am also a fan of horror movies and books, so i am sure it would not be things I haven't seen on the big screen or read about in my books. But is it really scary and intense?? Like what would you rate the intensity level out of 5?? What do you think?
I am not sure I want to DL a game that will REALLY scare me, I did not like "DarkFall" when I tried to play that game.

Personally, I did not find this game frightening; having said that, you might not want to download and play Redrum: Time Lies -- THAT game is VERY FRIGHTENING and VERY UNSETTLING. Having grown up in an abusive home, I had to stop and start several times before I finally buckled down and played AND completed the sequel and STILL almost didn't a couple of times.

MEnr56

Otma
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by Otma on Oct 5, 13 9:21 PM
REDRUM is the hardest, most intense, most exciting game that I have played. It is not for someone just starting out. As to it being bloody I would say no but when I was training to be a nurse, the pathologist, at the autopsy we were mandated to see, had to tell me to move back a little because his hand was hitting me with every cut he made. The people that are not ghouls might find it a bit bloody BUT the ones that finish the game will find that their brains have been expanded and their powers of observation heighten. The hints have to be earned and they are few and far between. The story line will grab you and never let you go. The graphics are excellent. If you want a game that will transport you out of this world and into a darker and more sinister one, REDRUM is for you. Sweet Dreams

Go to: