bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Season of Mystery: The Cherry Blossom Murders

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Nov 11, 09 12:05 AM
Irene and Richard Pemberton have moved across the globe to Japan and are living comfortably in a new and exciting world. One night, Richard is found dead in his office, under mysterious conditions. The local detectives believe he has taken his own life, but Irene knows that this couldn’t have been a suicide. Help Irene find the true murderer in Season of Mystery – The Cherry Blossom Murders, a fantastic Hidden Object game.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

Re:Season of Mystery: The Cherry Blossom Murders

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Nov 11, 09 12:42 AM
Thrown straight to the desktop, without any messge, like Reincarnations!

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Nov 11, 09 1:28 AM
Not quite sure what you mean by that. I haven't had any problems with this one at all...just a bit different ( a bit?) than Gardenscapes. Have to kick back and wrap my eyes around the objects that are a bit more challenging to find. I love a good mystery though and this one has most of the elements. A trunk may be suitcase, and a puzzle piece is just a puzzle, lol. Hunted all over for an actual puzzle, but I enjoy the quirkyness of foreign translations. Just adds to the challenge. So far I have only used a couple of hints...haven't seen any signs that they are limited, and the few minis were not hard. I am sure there will be alot of putdowns about this one...but it seems alot more interesting to me than the latest Agatha Christie one.

Bella43099
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by Bella43099 on Nov 11, 09 2:21 AM
i Downloaded This Game 3 Times and I can't Play it I Keep Getting an Error message i uninstalled it Too! i Want To play Too!!!!I Have To Go To Work now i Will Try Again When I Get Back I Hope a Solution Is Found By The Time I Get Back????Here Fishy,Fishy Please Help (SOS)

Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

[Post New]by Woofie53 on Nov 11, 09 2:31 AM
Bella, uninstall it again and turn your computer off...don't just reboot it. Turn it off for about 3 minutes and then turn it back on again. My brother is a computer expert. He programs and repairs computers for the state government in CA and this is what he has told me to do. It clears the computer of any program/game remnants that you uninstalled. See if that makes a difference. It may or may not work.

Edited on 11/11/2009 at 3:19:34 AM PST

rentonwa
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,075 Posts

[Post New]by rentonwa on Nov 11, 09 3:20 AM
I just played the whole hour demo and I liked it. Objects are not too hard to find, story is somewhat interesting, scenes are pleasant. Minigames are nice and not hard (so far). The hour went by very fast.

[Post New]by ILoveLucyRicardo on Nov 11, 09 5:04 AM
I played this game for about 20 minutes before I decided to purchase it. I found the graphics to be wonderful and the areas well lit...not too dark to see items. Although I know that many people like timed games, I am kinda slow and like untimed games...so this is an all around winner for me!

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Nov 11, 09 5:26 AM
I found it a very pretty game. Very relaxing music. Mini-games a bit different. Graphics a tad grainy for me, so this is a maybe. I'd like to know how long it is before I buy. But a very pleaasant way to spend an hour.

bailey8877
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by bailey8877 on Nov 11, 09 5:43 AM
I like this game, but I didn't love it.
The premise of this game is you live in Japan and you have just found your husband dead from a supposed suicide. Your character doesn't believe it and thinks he was murdered. Now you must search all over town looking for clues to find out what really happened. It's mostly looking for things that I had a hard time finding. Your given unlimited hints that need to recharge, but you can also click on the item and get an outline of the item. I found myself wondering when the demo was going to be over. I like the games with more adventure and mini games.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Nov 11, 09 6:34 AM
Y'know bailey - you have hit the nail on the head. I enjoyed the demo, but by the end I was beginning to wonder if I was getting fed up with HOGs I too wondered how long I'd got. Shame because it is beautiful and very relaxing. I'm getting far too picky!

Bella43099
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by Bella43099 on Nov 11, 09 2:26 PM
To Woofie53 Thank You For trying To Help But I tried it 3 more times The way You said And It still did Not work So Now I Will have To Wait For My Daughter To Come Home And See If She Can figure It out? Thanks Again!!!!

mermaidjwl
Manatee
Manatee
4,265 Posts

[Post New]by mermaidjwl on Nov 11, 09 2:37 PM
I am at the trap door under the oriental rug. How do you get it open? I have the dagger and the mallet. The message says " use you inventory items".

[Post New]by FrankMorgan on Nov 11, 09 4:54 PM
I am now gun shy. Recently bought both Alexandra Fortune and Valerie Porter. Thought the reviews on both sounded good but personally I thought they were bummers. Alexandra was boring, slow and too much in between doing nothing. Was so disappointed in both. Valerie Porter wasn't bad but too easy and over too fast. Someone please give me a true review on the Cherry Blossoms. Is it for a beginner or advanced? Is the story intriging or slow? How long did it take you to play? Is it just a HOG or an IHOG? Thanks...

bkjanelle
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by bkjanelle on Nov 11, 09 6:00 PM
i have played the hour and i have not had any problems. I like the way you have to think about the object. It might not be the way you are thinking it would look like. I like timed games, but this is a nice change. I will buy when I find out how long it is. I don't like wasting my money on short games

[Post New]by vezdan on Nov 11, 09 7:26 PM
mermaidjwl wrote:I am at the trap door under the oriental rug. How do you get it open? I have the dagger and the mallet. The message says " use you inventory items".

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Nov 11, 09 8:39 PM
FrankMorgan wrote:I am now gun shy. Recently bought both Alexandra Fortune and Valerie Porter. Thought the reviews on both sounded good but personally I thought they were bummers. Alexandra was boring, slow and too much in between doing nothing. Was so disappointed in both. Valerie Porter wasn't bad but too easy and over too fast. Someone please give me a true review on the Cherry Blossoms. Is it for a beginner or advanced? Is the story intriging or slow? How long did it take you to play? Is it just a HOG or an IHOG? Thanks...

Cherry Blossom is definitley for beginners. No difficult puzzles here, just search and find, some items are well blended in.
The story is quite intriguing but not a fast paced game that is for sure.
As for how long it takes me to finish, I don't know as after playing a couple of hours the game will no longer work
It is just a HOG, a couple of interactive moments but they are very very minor.

Pretty game and relaxing, well was relaxing whilst it worked- quite stressful now!

Hope thats what you wanted to know

corbs123
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,701 Posts

[Post New]by corbs123 on Nov 12, 09 3:15 AM
i am still on the trial and find the objects not too hard to find well perhaps a few as i have had to use a few hints, i am stuck on first puzzle finding the right house? i have followed the instructions but keep getting sent to start again? any clues? will find out how long game is before thinking about buying. seems we are being bombarded with **** games at the moment seem to be a bit like buses!!!

[Post New]by mollycheese on Nov 12, 09 7:33 AM
the oriental rug the knife and the mallet what do i do help

[Post New]by marihood on Nov 12, 09 6:44 PM
I also have problems playing this game. Have now downloaded it now twice. Error message:
access violation at 0x7c80A300 tried to read from 0x00169000 program unable to start game
First time removed, deleted as many references to it as I could find in registry, switched off computer, reinstalled and had the same problem. Second time it played from BFG Client for 20 minutes, so thinking problem solved closed it to save the current game in order to purchase, started it from the desktop icon and had the same problem as above. Plus my other games would not start with the message appearing
Another game running...
Have not had a problem like this in the past

[Post New]by marihood on Nov 12, 09 7:42 PM
Further to my post above I checked the technical section of BFG (oops! I should have done this prior to posting the message) which directed me to my anti-virus software. I use Trend and found that under the Advanced Personal Firewall Profile Settings that the box for
Use proxy server to connect with the internet
had a tick next to it and even worse the
Automatically import the information from your Internet Explorer
box also had a tick. I unchecked both of these ticks and downloaded again. Lo and behold the game played perfectly well.

Go to: