bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Season of Mystery: The Cherry Blossom Murders forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Nov 11, 09 12:05 AM
Welcome to Season of Mystery: The Cherry Blossom Murders forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Season of Mystery: The Cherry Blossom Murders players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

brewcan1
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

Re:Welcome to Season of Mystery: The Cherry Blossom Murders forum

[Post New]by brewcan1 on Nov 11, 09 9:17 PM
Worth a go.Not bad at all.Out of 10...will give this one a 6.Played lots of games and to get a 10 is almost impossible.(still looking though.)Best score I have given to a game is 9.(That was MIST)

[Post New]by pandasweet16 on Nov 12, 09 7:24 AM
wont finish downloading said its waiting try again later what do i do?

Patty60
Lobster
Lobster
98 Posts

[Post New]by Patty60 on Nov 12, 09 1:07 PM
I really enjoyed this game, none of the puzzles were too hard nor were the hidden objects too easy or too hard to find. The bad guy was mostly a surprise and the story line was pretty good. Keep up the good work BFG.

[Post New]by recipesdrtb on Nov 15, 09 11:36 AM
Hi: I ran into the same problem and wrote to the support people. They had me try all types of fixes and nothing worked. They indicated that many people have been having this problem. It's been referred to the developers. They said to check here for news of an updated version to fix the problems.

deeno2
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by deeno2 on Nov 15, 09 3:24 PM
I thought this was a very nice HOG. It was lovely to look at and the objects are nicely hidden, 'in plain sight'. It's a game with some feeling to it. I felt sympathy for the widow and enjoyed helping her find out who killed her husband. I've only completed the demo but I'm putting it aside as a buy.

Bella43099
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by Bella43099 on Nov 17, 09 2:06 PM
Does Anybody Proof Play these Games Before They Are Shown To The Public?????I Am Still Having Problems With this Game!!!!!Put Me Out Of My Misery!

bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

[Post New]by bfgErie on Nov 18, 09 2:14 PM
I just thought I'd drop by and let folks know that we now have a new version of the game available. Here's a link to more information:

New build available for Season of Mystery: The Cherry Blossom Murders

I hope this helps!

bfgErie

[Post New]by ninnynoo on Nov 19, 09 11:26 PM
Love the game but I can't get into the cellar,where's the key?

SpookyPigdog
Herring
Herring
306 Posts

[Post New]by SpookyPigdog on Nov 21, 09 7:54 PM
The wife or husband looking for their murdered spouse is getting a bit old, and I agree with others; the distant past is getting boring, but this is graphically beautiful, and being attracted to anything Asian, I love the gorgeous scenes and emmerce myself in them. Sure, its not the hardest game; one or two items are harder to find than the others, but there seems to be plenty of gameplay. At the start, the wife is a bit annoying, but after a while, I begin to admire her resolution in not giving up (even though when I feel this I realise she isn't real!!).

It really gives you a break from the "real world", and afterall, isn't that the essence of gaming?

PS I didn't have any trouble downloading or with gameplay.

Edited on 11/21/2009 at 7:54:42 PM PST

[Post New]by chanel8 on Nov 22, 09 5:39 PM
[bhelp....im suppose to find a locked room only using inventory items!!! i smashed a vase with the mallet..and found a key.......but i can't not get further...any helpful suggestions would be appreciated...as i can not get any further on into the game...

[Post New]by sherrock on Nov 29, 09 7:15 AM
Downloaded this game to give it a go, at first would not let me. Big Fish sent me an update so I updated it yesterday and now it say trial finished do I want to buy. Never got to see the first screen of the game the update worked I guess. Hope you all enjoy the game. Hope they can fix this, sure would have liked to have tried it, I buy a lot of games but not until after ive tried them. Another issue i'm having is the new operating system Windows 7 most of the games i have already purchased are not compatible so now can't play anymore, having to be really careful. It will say to use recommended setting but games still will not play correctly, maybe soon they will fix this also.

[Post New]by morguis on Dec 1, 09 5:45 PM
help....im suppose to find a locked room only using inventory items!!! i smashed a vase with the mallet..and found a key.......but i can't not get further...any helpful suggestions would be appreciated...as i can not get any further on into the game...

[Post New]by amandatorres on Dec 5, 09 2:50 PM
I just finished this game, and I thought it was great! Beautiful graphics, the objects and puzzles were not too hard for me to play, but they weren't too easy either. The music was very relaxing and pretty..The plot was VERY interesting and complex..This game had a really good gameplay value..It took me about 6 hours to finish..I really liked this game, it's worth it!

[Post New]by foxcutlip on Jan 11, 10 3:25 PM
I AM STUCK IN THE ROOM WHERE YOU HAVE TO MOVE BOXES AROUND TO GET TO THE DOOR! HELP

[Post New]by L_Sugar on Jan 19, 10 9:24 AM
The story of this game is very intresting and intriguing which is why i purchased it after the free trial expired. However, i felt like i got ripped off after i completed the game. I dont think i got what i paid for. When i reached the end of it i thought to myself "That's it?" i thought there would be more adventure and a deeper story, not to mention more levels!!! oh yah and it took about 2 1/2 hrs for me to finish

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

[Post New]by GrammaKj on Aug 7, 10 12:39 AM
If a straight HOG is what you love then you will like this game a lot. I'm not a HOG fan so only played for 20 minutes before uninstalling. It's a "no buy" for me even at the $2.99 price. No disrespect to those that love HOG's - this type of game is not my cup of tea. Just a few mini puzzle games thrown in - I think there were 5-6 hidden object scenes before a simple jigsaw-type puzzle popped up.

Enjoy gaming!

Ridnhi
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by Ridnhi on Aug 7, 10 7:25 PM
Hey Fishies; I did the trial and liked it fine. Only trouble is the hint button doesn't work for me. Tried erasing and downloading again. No change. Decided to go ahead and buy it anyway and have done fine without the hints. The help of clicking on the item and it showing on the lamp on the bottom left has been enough help to get me through. I'm still working at it off and on today and its still an enjoyable game for the DD price. I dont expect perfection for that price and this is evidently an older game. With patience I will finish it and it can be played more than once since there are lots of objects in each scene that are not listed so obviously will be listed another time................The graphics are lovely and the story is ok. Most of the time, with patience I can see the objects and its given me hours of pleasure today. Give it a try if you need a game to play otherwise I'm sure there are plenty of other games on BFG to keep us busy this weekend................

Pat_ric_ia
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by Pat_ric_ia on Apr 7, 11 4:46 PM
Hi all, I love the atmosphere in this game. Although the storyline is rather sad and dramatic, it held my attention and was quite intriguing. This is the second time I have started playing this game. Bought it ages ago. But it still holds a fascination and is charmingly presented.
Love Pat_ric_ia x

d0080b
Stingray
Stingray
5,334 Posts

[Post New]by d0080b on May 8, 11 6:31 PM
Very nice, relaxing game... slow paced, easy gameplay. I enjoyed it but one of those you only play once.

Go to: