ajuma
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,142 Posts

Anyone finished the game? Replay value?

[Post New]by ajuma on Nov 11, 09 6:30 AM
I'm wondering how long this game is. It's a cute game and I've played most of the demo, but I'm not sure it'll give me my money's worth. I like some HOGs and this one seems pretty cute, but what happens at the end? Can you keep playing and changing your garden? How would you rate the replay value? Will I be bored the second time around?

LucyMarie
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

Re:Anyone finished the game? Replay value?

[Post New]by LucyMarie on Nov 11, 09 10:07 AM
Well, we played to what we think is the end and not a whole lot happened. In fact, we stopped in here to find out how the game does end (we completed the garden and still no clear end). Replay value? In a year maybe when we have forgotten where things are, but by the end we were both bored and just wanting to complete the game.

Hope this helps!

Blessings,
LucyMarie and kid

machamc
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by machamc on Nov 12, 09 12:31 PM
I have filled up the garden with everything available, won the garden contest and the game doesn't seem to end! Austin keeps saying I may think I am done but he has made a list of additional items to be restored - no additional items appear but I keep going to rooms and have accumulated another 8,000+ coins with nothing to spend them on. While items seemed to stay mostly in the same place until I won the garden contest, they have moved around in the rooms I have played since.

I think the replay value is creating another player and creating a different garden.

I am wondering if the game ever ends!

vonniefaye
Herring
Herring
325 Posts

[Post New]by vonniefaye on Nov 12, 09 1:08 PM
I, too am wondering if there is ever "The End" coming up. I have much money and have changed things in the garden just to look at something different, but no end in sight. I really like this game, but I would like it better if it would come to completion.

fudgem
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by fudgem on Nov 12, 09 1:31 PM
I've just won the garden contest and am keeping playing, if there is nothing left to buy I might lose interest, but I have really enjoyed this game, well worth the money

[Post New]by smky308 on Nov 12, 09 5:34 PM
I think I "finished", but I too am wondering as well about the end of this very cute H-O-G. Also, I have noticed a glitch, I think. After I"won" the garden contest, I tried to go under design mode & purchase other items for my garden. When I choose to purchase a new item, the item I ALREADY paid for has to be purchased again again, over and over. So, it seems like it is aware that we won the garden contest, but it is making me repurchase items I have already bought?

MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by MoreOver on Nov 12, 09 7:08 PM
IMO, there's lots of replay value because the items are not always in the same place as the time before. That alone makes it an interesting and 'value' game.

chrisooo6
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by chrisooo6 on Nov 12, 09 9:50 PM
a very nice relaxing game,good layout,exerllent grafics ,best buy. it is a game for adults and kids ,

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Nov 13, 09 5:46 PM
After you win the contest, you just keep running more jumble sales, and you can tweak your garden all you like, or you can start over with a fresh profile. IMO there's replay value because several of the items in each room have multiple possible locations.

Okami
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by Okami on Nov 14, 09 6:37 AM
I also notice that during my second play-thru the customers asked for objects that they did not request at all during the first time.

Also, sometimes Austin has said new things or things that I did not catch the first time thru.

What I'd like now is a game where you sell garden produce, flowers and 'junk' items in order to fix up the house!

sammiekatz
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by sammiekatz on Nov 16, 09 12:55 PM
Once you have won the contest and upgraded or changed what you want to change, Austin will say that you have a choice of playing and upgrading and changing things or starting a new game with a new player. I just sat and watched him after I finished and he does a lot of different things and says a lot of different things, he is so cute!! I am into playing for the second time and there is replay value as the items you need to find change and are placed differently. A person can also go faster the second time around. Also, noticed things I never paid attention to the first time around. Like the clocks - this may be a spoiler - but the clocks in the scenes are the same time as my own clocks. Thought it was a coincidence at first, but no, they do tell the correct time. Cute!!! After playing games like Totem Tribe lately, this is a nice change. Nice music, graphics and funny at times. And I love the puppy, birds, etc.

[Post New]by terrablue444 on Nov 19, 09 4:10 PM
I replayed with a different character, and it was ok.... I wish that there was more to it. It seems the story line was very short, I finished it in very little time. There isnt much option for upgrades, especially since I was always picking the higher priced items from the get-go.

Good game, ok replay value, however could be better

bpluvscp
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by bpluvscp on Nov 23, 09 4:14 AM
I also have won the the game and I have about $115.000 now and it just does not end.
Does anyone know what do you buy for the house now?

Bella43099
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by Bella43099 on Nov 25, 09 4:39 PM
How About A 2nd Story Or a Garage?????

[Post New]by theshewolf on Nov 29, 09 7:41 AM
You don't have to worry about running out of rooms. You will play rooms more than once, but things will be moved and you will be asked for different items. And things become more expensive to purchase, so it takes longer between upgrades.

I have played the game through twice (yes, after you win the contest there is nothing left to purchase, which is a bit irritating since it tells you at the beginning there will be) and I still love it.

And every once in a while I will just bring it up to watch Austin and Wulfie in my beautiful garden.

Edited on 11/29/2009 at 7:42:31 AM PST

polexia
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by polexia on Dec 3, 09 6:56 PM
Euphoria got me worried but I bought the game and I've been playing it for days now and just finished it. The music is beautiful and so relaxing and pleasant. The interface is cute, I like the little coins, candy and buttons you can pick up, too. I am not as into the garden, but it's nice anyway. I'd like it if the game continued where you could then do up the house. There are quite a few items to get for the garden...a gazebo, put-put, a doghouse, paint for the house, fences, trees, a bridge, a pergola, a pond, grass, statues, and so on.

[Post New]by disgruntled_girl on Jan 16, 10 8:28 AM
It would be nice if they made a DLC for another story arc that included new items.

[Post New]by disgruntled_girl on Jan 17, 10 7:38 AM
OK I played again, made the garden the way I wanted to and it's still fun.

Especially compared to Mary Kay Andrews: The Fixer Upper
Please do not get this game. It is nothing like GardenScapes.

So this does have a slight replay value. Especially if you want to tweak the garden to the way you want it for your screensaver.

[Post New]by 81creamkate on Feb 2, 10 6:15 PM
Sooo, disappointed.
this game needs more gardens to improve. More items to purchase.
I don't really see the replay value, this is dissappointing as the artistry is lovely.

Ha? Replay value?

[Post New]by doughnut1 on Feb 27, 10 3:13 PM
I have become addicted to this game, even created more players for it as well!

I even play against the clock now, gosh, I am a sad person!

Have the finished game as my screen saver sometimes as well, well worth playing over and over again.

Doughnut1

Go to: