Gifted medals don't count?

[Post New]by pmwright610 on Dec 22, 15 3:30 PM
I received three medals from friends today, thank you very much. What I noticed was my count toward the achievement did not increase by three. Do the gifted medals not count for the achievement? I have been putting boxes under every friend's tree, and will hopefully get the achievement in about two or three more days, but does anyone know for sure if that is the only way to have medals count? If so, I feel bad now since I told friends I would keep on gifting to help get them get their achievement since I have lots of pink boxes. I hope I am not disappointing anyone if they don't count.

Rahia
Catfish
Catfish
1,507 Posts

Re:Gifted medals don't count?

[Post New]by Rahia on Dec 22, 15 3:38 PM
The only way to get the Home Town Santa achievement is to put the gift boxes under the tree. It's not the medallions that count it is the gift boxes. The medallions can be gifted to those who can't get the pets because they don't have enough gift boxes. I hope this clears it up.

[Post New]by pmwright610 on Dec 22, 15 3:40 PM
I just now saw that someone has already said that the medals don't count under the "What's wrong with Santa's Reindeer?" posting. So sorry friends. I did not know this before.

[Post New]by pmwright610 on Dec 22, 15 3:41 PM
Well then, let us be able to gift pink boxes to those who do not have enough.

Tzeitel99
Clownfish
Clownfish
690 Posts

[Post New]by Tzeitel99 on Dec 22, 15 11:17 PM
I only have 6 pink boxes left......502965

[Post New]by kiwidownunder on Dec 22, 15 11:25 PM
Tzeitel99 wrote:I only have 6 pink boxes left......502965

Hi Bonnie ,I Can Help You Out There If You Need "Medals"Ok ,Place It On Your List ..."Gandalf"

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Dec 23, 15 6:50 AM
There are just some things in this game that one must achieve for ones self....

The spring butterfly pet must be earned by actually crafting all 30 wreaths of spring. Gifted wreaths don't count.

The pilgrim avatar from Thanksgiving Day achievement must be earned by actually getting 350 cornucopia (which you get by sending gifts to friends on your social page).

What is interesting -- Santa's Helper says to FIND x number of Christmas decorations.... Snowfall says to FIND x number of snowflakes and Halloween says to FIND x number of pumpkins........swapped pumpkins and snowflakes count toward the achievement, but apparently swapped Christmas decorations do not.

The Gift for a Friend boxes have been sitting in our Stamp inventory slot for eons now. They could not be disenchanted; they could not be sold.....they just sat there and grew in number.....now we have a use for them. But, you gotta get them all by yourself by visiting the HOSs and hope they fall.

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Dec 23, 15 7:14 AM
I wonder if it's because the Christmas decorations cost 30 diamonds each... found this out when I thought about gifting a decoration I didn't have, went to pay for it with diamonds... Um... that would be a NO!!!!!!!!.... when I would gift a (for ex.) a black candy I didn't have, it was 1 diamond.... but look a the disparity between a pumpkin and a Christmas card... 6 diamonds vs. FIFTY diamonds.... If the Christmas decorations were 1 diamond instead of 30, you probably could swap them for the achievement....

I never understood WHY they made the Christmas cards so OUTRAGEOUS... especially when compared to spring event items and fall items.... Here, I thought, Christmas was a time of giving... Guess the devs were thinking the same thing, except they are the ones who are hoping to receive ....

da fuzz

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Dec 23, 15 7:33 AM
I'm wondering ....perhaps the INTENT for the Snowfall and Halloween achievements was to have the person actually GET those items themselves rather than have them swapped to earn the achievement.....

I'm thinking that next year, if we have pumpkins count toward something for Halloween events, perhaps they will restrict the swapping ability for that as well....

Just random thoughts....

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Dec 23, 15 7:50 AM
The other "interesting" thing about swapping for an achievement... I started last March, the Christmas Consortium helped me get everything .. but you need more cards for the card achievement than what you needed for pets.. so we SWAPPED Christmas cards allowing me to get that achievement, but could not swap the decorations... guess it has nothing to do with the cost, since the cards cost more than any other event item... curioser and curioser .... devs=devious

Go to: