bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Alabama Smith in the Quest of Fate

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Nov 12, 09 12:05 AM
Alabama Smith is back in an all-new time-twisting adventure involving powerful relics that could alter the destiny of mankind! Join Alabama and his girlfriend, Anastasia, in Alabama Smith in the Quest of Fate. Hunt for the elusive Crystals of Fortune using the Amulet of Time in this Hidden Object game. Jump back and forth between the past and the present to solve mind-bending puzzles, search for cleverly hidden objects, and stop a shadowy nemesis from finding the crystals first!

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

Re:Alabama Smith in the Quest of Fate

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Nov 12, 09 12:59 AM
Yesteday I made an eyes check, by a professional Doctor. I was so glad, because he told me to check my eyes every year, no further problems...

Today I think the doctor lied to me, because I clicked like mad on all sides of the Alabama game, searching for 16 Inca statues, and playing the "Blind Cow"...

"Blind Cow" is very lovely game, and must be relatively long, if you are forced to click on each pixel...

katejoe999
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by katejoe999 on Nov 12, 09 1:03 AM
This game is brilliant in my view. Interactive, beautiful graphics, lovely little touches and I'm even having to think. Am half an hour in and only hope it's not too short!

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Nov 12, 09 1:23 AM
I found 10 idols, and the next thing I know, my count is down to zero and I can only find one idol now. They all disappeared. I tried moving the legs on that darn beetle and finally gave up and hit the skip button, after waiting three times for it to load, and nada. Nothing at all happens, except the skip runs out and starts its ever so slow fill up again. This is what I find so frustrating about these games...you don't know if it is just you or the game...can't be my computer, it has everything, lol. I love the premise of this game, but even with the walkthrough, I am just plain out stuck.

pupulegirl
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by pupulegirl on Nov 12, 09 1:35 AM
I thought I had lost my Idols too because when I looked it only said 1. If you look closely you'll see another one going into the Idol so I really had 11....Whewwwww!

Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

[Post New]by Woofie53 on Nov 12, 09 1:42 AM
Rebecca LOL I am having cataract surgery on Monday. Hopefully I'll be able to see better after that!! lol The things are hard to find, but I think that's what makes the game more challenging.

There are only 12 Incan figurines. I still had to find 2 more puzzle pieces to find when the demo ran out of time. I used the hint button a lot because I wanted to get the figurines and puzzle pieces faster so I could see what the game is like. Normally I try not to use it.

Wolfen Are you sure the count is down to zero or is it 10 and you just don't see the 1 just the zero? I also had to let the skip button fill up 3 times on the scarab before I was finally able to skip the puzzle. I was having trouble getting the legs in the right positions.

I think I will get this game. I still have my reward from October fest. I am going to wait and see what others say about the game before I decide

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Nov 12, 09 2:04 AM
Yes, that is what happened, lol. I deleted my profile and started over again and I could see that the 1 in the 10 was partially hidden by the statue, lol. And this time I got the legs on the scarab where they looked right and then hit the skip button and it worked. So I played til the demo ran out and I went ahead and bought it. But it still looks like one of those where you have to keep the walkthrough open all the time and refer to it, often. I mean, who would have thought that thing on the shelf in the office was a brush? But atleast I didn't have to use the crowbar on the spider web, lol. I am reserving final judgement, though. I don't think I got past the demo on the first one. I really like figuring things out for myself, but hate just clicking and clicking, so we shall see with this one.

LilyCat
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by LilyCat on Nov 12, 09 2:13 AM
I found the scarab puzzle quite easy once I realised two things. One: there's a diagram in your book of how it ought to look, and two: you need to take note of which end of the leg is which. I got a couple of the legs upside down until I realised the end with the sort of hairy bits is the foot.

Only played twenty minutes so far, and I'm pretty sure I'll buy this one. Haven't found it too dark, as some have, but it's a gloomy morning here. Once the sun comes out I'll have problems for sure.

step54
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by step54 on Nov 12, 09 2:30 AM
A bonza game, no probs with demo definate buy.

bailey8877
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by bailey8877 on Nov 12, 09 2:43 AM
by WolfenRaindancer on November 12, 1:23 AM
"I found 10 idols, and the next thing I know, my count is down to zero and I can only find one idol now."

I think you really had ten idols it just looks like it says 0 because the 1 is on top of the idols. Check again if you haven't given up.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Nov 12, 09 4:01 AM
Woofie53 (there, the doc did lie!), LOL, good luck with the surgery. I know you will see better, my aunt passed it. At least you will be able to play "Blind Cow"...

Big Fish Editors - please have a pity on the older players, this torture of black screens has to stop!

For instance, I would buy 7/8 of the HOGs you post, and for now I bought only 1 game.

Men/Ladies - I want to enjoy, not to lose my sight. {I hope the bribe is enough, the store refused to sell more goodies).

Edited on 11/12/2009 at 11:30:02 AM PST

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Nov 12, 09 8:19 AM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:WolfenRainDancer, LOL, good luck with the surgery. I know you will see better, my aunt passed it. At least you will be able to play "Blind Cow"...

Big Fish Editors - please have a pity on the older players, this torture of black screens has to stop!

For instance, I would buy 7/8 of the HOGs you post, and for now I bought only 1 game.

Men/Ladies - I want to enjoy, not to lose my sight. {I hope the bribe is enough, the store refused to sell more goodies).

DITTO....I THINK I HAVE A DENT on my screen form my nose...

Lynnet67
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Lynnet67 on Nov 12, 09 8:26 AM
I quite like this game, though had to use the hints quite few times but that was probably due to me being a tad impatient...

[Post New]by OnWisconsin on Nov 12, 09 10:46 AM
A big thank you to you all for your review....They are so helpful, and you are so kind to share....

OnWI

[Post New]by SandeeBeach on Nov 12, 09 11:00 AM
penrose47 wrote:
Rebeca_Lily wrote:

DITTO....I THINK I HAVE A DENT on my screen form my nose...

Is that where those dents came from? ... funny, thanks for the info.
I am with you on this

[Post New]by terri1964 on Nov 12, 09 5:13 PM
will someone please tellme what i am looking for in the mummy sack. I have cut it open and taken the piece out of it and used it but the hint keeps sending me back there for the earth stone. I don't get it help please!

luvtoread
Manatee
Manatee
4,081 Posts

[Post New]by luvtoread on Nov 13, 09 5:13 PM
Terri1964-did you repair the basket? Once you do that you'll be able
to move on.
As for the inca statues and other things you collect they go into your trophy
section. click on that and you can see how much you've collected.

Edited on 11/13/2009 at 5:15:51 PM PST

[Post New]by Demidra on Jan 19, 11 9:41 AM
I'm stuck with the paint! Help!!! The gratings won't let me pour the paint in the Present and I can't paint in the Past. The Walkthrough didn't help me with this. Has anyone enocountered this problem? Thanks!
Demi

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Jan 19, 11 11:23 PM
Demidra wrote:I'm stuck with the paint! Help!!! The gratings won't let me pour the paint in the Present and I can't paint in the Past. The Walkthrough didn't help me with this. Has anyone enocountered this problem? Thanks!
Demi

Welcome to the forums, Demidra!

This screenshot from the walkthough should help:

http://blog-assets.bigfishgames.com/Walkthroughs/Alabama-Smith-Quest-of-Fate/alabama-smith-quest-of-fate091.jpg

Look in the tank to discover where the paints are poured. This is done in the past and you cannot skip this step.

later in the game:

* Pour the four paint colors into the reservoirs based on the residue you saw on the tank in the past.

* Using the patterns from the Incan blanket, use the paintbrush to duplicate the colors.

* Inside the tank is a set of directions using the Incan symbols.

* Exit the tank and use the amulet to travel to the tomb in the past.

Look at this screen shot to see the colors in the correct reservoirs in the 4 corners and a note stating to "POUR THE PAINTS INTO THE CORNERS".

http://blog-assets.bigfishgames.com/Walkthroughs/Alabama-Smith-Quest-of-Fate/alabama-smith-quest-of-fate094.jpg

I hope this helps.

[Post New]by BeckyjaneDavis on Sep 18, 12 8:21 AM
I'm stuck in the iPad version. I can only find two batteries. The Hidden object puzzle mentioned in the walk through isn't active. And the iPad version doesn't have the Talking Knots that are mentioned. I've tred both time frames and the hint button gives me nothing. What is wrong and what should I do about it?

Go to: