vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

Alabama Smith: geriatric computers beware!

[Post New]by vicalana on Nov 12, 09 1:51 AM
Not only did it totally freeze my computer, but when I restarted I had the dreaded box that says 'serious problem encountered'!!! I restarted AGAIN and the old puter seems fine now. I 've had many games not work, but none have ever done that to me before!

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

Re:Alabama Smith: geriatric computers beware!

[Post New]by penrose47 on Nov 12, 09 8:37 AM
Have you taken time to tell CS?

A few of the games do not work on mine because I need a newer Graphic Card.
They told me at least a "128".

Hope This Helps

PEN

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Nov 12, 09 9:20 AM
Thanks for the suggestion, but I haven't contacted CS. It will be my graphics card!

FairyonPegasus
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,501 Posts

[Post New]by FairyonPegasus on Nov 12, 09 9:44 AM
There are several games that those with older computers and graphic cards need to be aware of. I've said it before when they list the reccomendations for these games they're listing the bare minimums and I personally feel what should be listed is the requirements to have the game run smoothly and without problems.

It's not a BF issue though, they just give us what the companies give them as the reccomendations. Give us what it takes to actually run the game, not what it may or may not run on possibly with/without problems. My granddaughter has an older PC and there have been a lot of games she can't possibly run on that PC that according to the specs she should be able to run, so I've told her I am not buying you any more games till I get you a new PC.

bfgBering
Clownfish
Clownfish
851 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBering on Nov 12, 09 9:51 AM
Hi Fishies!

Just wanted to swim by and let you know I've moved this to the game forums to help keep the pond tidy.

Happy gaming!

joannickle
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
45,038 Posts

[Post New]by joannickle on Dec 7, 10 1:05 AM
I have had similar problem with old puter and I understand it will be worse as the technology gets better our puters will not be able to play them. What a bummer.
syl

Go to: