snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

Travel Vouchers.....Do the Math

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Dec 23, 15 11:50 AM
Okay. I just started Havana and I have 1485 travel vouchers. Each time you compete a monument, you are rewarded with a travel voucher bonus, usually 10 vouchers.
At 12 monuments a city, a complete city yields 120 vouchers.( 10x12). With 9 cities left, including Dubai, I can earn a maximum of 1080 more vouchers from monuments.
(9x120). Thus I will have completed every monument and city and will have 2565 vouchers plus a few more from wheel spins and scratch off tickets. Say a total of 3000. This is far less than the 4000 needed to open a new city permanently (the other two levels are just not worth it--24 hours or a week.) Thus, by the time I can earn enough vouchers to travel to a new city, I will not have any new cities to travel to, even if a few more more cities are added. A true Catch-22.

Dont get me wrong, I love Gummy Drop and I have played it longer and with more interest than any other mobile game. It is just that the vouchers which appeared to be a great addition are just irrelevant unless one wants to spend some real money.

Edited on 12/23/2015 at 11:52:50 AM PST

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

Re:Travel Vouchers.....Do the Math

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Dec 23, 15 12:08 PM
Yes, the earlier suggestion that we can sell them as a resource or swap them for other resources, e.g. 500 vouchers for 100,000 pinks or something like that?

yarnycakes
Herring
Herring
336 Posts

[Post New]by yarnycakes on Dec 24, 15 12:18 AM
I get most of my vouchers from spinning lol, but yeah, I can't imagine opening a city for 24 hours

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Dec 24, 15 11:38 AM
I would happily swap mine to change one of my resource centres from bricks to pinks!!

Sziggy
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by Sziggy on Dec 24, 15 12:45 PM
Trav3lbird wrote:I would happily swap mine to change one of my resource centres from bricks to pinks!!

This is a great idea. I realize now that some of my early choices for resource centers were not the best. I would like to be able to make those changes with vouchers or with green gems (easily accumulated from replaing Rome 87)

fishfinder246
Minnow
Minnow
271 Posts

[Post New]by fishfinder246 on Dec 25, 15 7:36 AM
Has anybody actually used the travel vouchers to visit a new city? Just wondering what that would be like. I've been tempted just out of curiosity. Now that someone has generously pointed out that it will be impossible to earn enough g h vouchers to visit a city permanently, it might be more tempting to do it.

Any comments?

Thanks.

Travel Vouchers.....Do the Math

[Post New]by marysarah6 on Jan 15, 16 1:16 AM
snowmanvt wrote:Okay. I just started Havana and I have 1485 travel vouchers. Each time you compete a monument, you are rewarded with a travel voucher bonus, usually 10 vouchers.
At 12 monuments a city, a complete city yields 120 vouchers.( 10x12). With 9 cities left, including Dubai, I can earn a maximum of 1080 more vouchers from monuments.
(9x120). Thus I will have completed every monument and city and will have 2565 vouchers plus a few more from wheel spins and scratch off tickets. Say a total of 3000. This is far less than the 4000 needed to open a new city permanently (the other two levels are just not worth it--24 hours or a week.) Thus, by the time I can earn enough vouchers to travel to a new city, I will not have any new cities to travel to, even if a few more more cities are added. A true Catch-22.

Dont get me wrong, I love Gummy Drop and I have played it longer and with more interest than any other mobile game. It is just that the vouchers which appeared to be a great addition are just irrelevant unless one wants to spend some real money.

I thought it is 20 vouchers for one monument? Nvm, so let me do the math instead

So I am in San Francisco now with 560 vouchers. Since 1 monument will give 20 vouchers and I only need 10 more monuments, I will get 200 (10x20) in SF.

New York has 15 monuments and completing NY will give 300 (15*20).

So from Paris to Bangkok, I can have 4800 vouchers (20 cities x 12 monuments x 20)

Altogether, I will have 4800 + 200 + 300 + 560 = 5860 vouchers! (if left unused and not including free spins or daily ticket)

Hope this helps to clear the confusion

P.S: By the time I reached Los Angeles, there will be like 5 new cities lol. So it is possible to use 4000 vouchers to unlock a new city permanently.

NeenaL60
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

[Post New]by NeenaL60 on Jan 15, 16 2:31 PM
I've done 7 COMPLETE cities and started on Berlin, in 70's level and built 4 monuments there (I think)...and I have a total of 1,185 vouchers..... Have I been ripped off? How many vouchers do you have...?

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Jan 15, 16 8:02 PM
I just started in Havana and have 1735 points so that is all the monuments for 13 cities plus whatever I have got from free spins , etc. I am not interested in jumping to new cities, would rather work my way slowly through them in the order they have been created even if my grey hair has been turning whiter over the last few diabolical cities!!

NeenaL60
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

[Post New]by NeenaL60 on Jan 16, 16 6:22 AM
T-bird....so what do you think about traveling to one of these great cities to a top rate salon and get ALL our grays fixed! Lol just give me a trim, I've earned every one..... Gray resources! Ha! There's an idea.... Gummy seniors...the little purple guy that jumps out will have a cane, he doesn't jump but falls.... then goes to a city to have his hip fixed but gets tangled up with Medicare and has to postpone it until he travels....(.you get the picture!) Lol

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Jan 16, 16 11:33 AM
Actually I wouldn't mind physically going back to Barcelona but not in this game and the same with Shanghai! I can relate to the little blue men with canes- not too far off that I the future I fear. As for the "greys" much too late to fix that so I will have to continue to practise my swear words and annoy my husband by sticking with the game!

Go to: