Suggestions for the developers

AuntieRoo
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

Re:Suggestions for the developers

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Apr 20, 17 8:47 AM
Shush please stop.A certain person might bring out her tambourine with one of those
Sing- along-poems.If she starts that again I'm off .

playingthegame
Salmon
Salmon
2,951 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Apr 20, 17 9:22 AM
silver_hawk wrote:

And all the wonderful songs we made up to make light of a frustrating situation. It all brought our group much closer together and form a lasting bond.

Songs for Midnight Castle
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/80/276964.page#5677835

What a fantastic thread. All those wonderful "old-timers" with their brilliant imaginations.
I feel humbled!

As "one of the FEW" we need you back in our midst Randy - so behave yourself!

Jenifer_Rule
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,038 Posts

[Post New]by Jenifer_Rule on Apr 21, 17 1:42 AM
AuntieRoo wrote:Shush please stop.A certain person might bring out her tambourine with one of those Sing- along-poems.

If she starts that again I'm off .

Yeah, nah, I agree. (We DO say that a lot!)

Only trained professionals, such as myself, should handle the complexities of the Midnight Castle lament.

But Roo, don't put yourself down!

I'm sure they make industrial strength deodorants now.

I've been off before, I know how it feels.

Jenifer

kkreisman
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by kkreisman on Apr 21, 17 11:33 PM
Jenifer and Roo - I am guessing you are both "cat ladies" because you both meow so nicely...

katiek

playingthegame
Salmon
Salmon
2,951 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Apr 22, 17 12:38 AM
kkreisman wrote:Jenifer and Roo - I am guessing you are both "cat ladies" because you both meow so nicely...

katiek

I get worried when they start purring!
But yes, with regards to Jenny Wren she is a cat (or kitten) lover. She also had her pristine new cat avatar up on the screen within the first hour of the new MC day!

Jenifer_Rule
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,038 Posts

[Post New]by Jenifer_Rule on Apr 22, 17 6:15 AM
kkreisman wrote:Jenifer and Roo - I am guessing you are both "cat ladies" because you both meow so nicely...

katiek

Don't forget the feisty swipes!

I'm also easily distracted by small objects.

Jenif- oooooooooo! Shiny!

AuntieRoo
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Apr 22, 17 7:42 AM
Well I'm holding out for the dog lover avatar,I think I'll keep him proudly displayed at least until the Fall event.
Jenifer: therapist says I'm to move on from the bunny fixation.....as no mention was made about the diminutive creatures ....look out gnomes your in my sights.

Edited on 04/22/2017 at 7:42:58 AM PST

Jenifer_Rule
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,038 Posts

[Post New]by Jenifer_Rule on Apr 23, 17 1:55 AM

And we've officially gone off track.

Lets get back to amulets.

- Twice the gold dropped from HOSses for one hour.

- Twice the airship items dropped for one hour.

- Two of the primary item (be it inventory, gold or shard) for one hour.

A special area for building amulets. Then we could choose the amulet we want and do a series of Quests to complete it.

Cheers,

Jenifer

jude_todd
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by jude_todd on Apr 23, 17 6:02 AM
If you feel hard done by then you should have played from the beginning when quests were a lot harder and friends to assist a lot smaller in number . When you reach the level of 76 then you will realise it will take you an hour to visit every hos . If you dislike the game so much don't play .

Jenifer_Rule
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,038 Posts

[Post New]by Jenifer_Rule on Apr 23, 17 6:26 AM

Oh for crying out loud!

This is how we got off track in the first place!

Back in MY day we had to search our HOSses on keyboards made of barbed wire!

If we mis-clicked we were zapped with 700,000 volts of electrical current!

There were no GOLD CHESTS! Just lumps of coal and syphilis!

Failure to reach a Seasonal Achievement resulted in your family members dragged out of their beds in the middle of the night and sold to BFG as Customer Service slave workers!

But we never complained!

You'd be lined up against a wall and shot at dawn if you did!

This happened. We ALL acknowledge it.

Now lets move on...

Ideas on amulets?

If everyone could please come out of their WW2 bunkers?! Things are safe now!

Well... except for World War Three....

Jenifer

ABinks
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by ABinks on Apr 23, 17 8:12 AM
It almost seems like a suggestion for the developers would be off topic here, but I'll leave it here anyway, just because it was suggested I leave it here...

There should be a Castle Challenge Re-run event...where all the old challenge reward avatar sets are offered. You could choose which set you wanted to win, or else choose a generic prize like gems or coins...just so people can get some of the avatars from past Castle Challenges that occurred when they were not playing

Now back to your regularly scheduled...whatever. lol

silver_hawk
Manatee
Manatee
3,916 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Apr 23, 17 8:25 AM
ABinks wrote:

There should be a Castle Challenge Re-run event...where all the old challenge reward avatar sets are offered. You could choose which set you wanted to win, or else choose a generic prize like gems or coins...just so people can get some of the avatars from past Castle Challenges that occurred when they were not playing

X2

I wholeheartedly support this suggestion !!

playingthegame
Salmon
Salmon
2,951 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Apr 23, 17 8:43 AM
Jenifer_Rule wrote:
And we've officially gone off track.

Lets get back to amulets.

- Twice the gold dropped from HOSses for one hour.

- Twice the airship items dropped for one hour.

- Two of the primary item (be it inventory, gold or shard) for one hour.

A special area for building amulets. Then we could choose the amulet we want and do a series of Quests to complete it.

Cheers,

Jenifer

IMHO these are too complicated to re-program with the limited financial resources available by BFG to upgrade this game.
As several of us have already said many times: let us continue with the main progress of the game together with its NEW ideas and graphics.
This wonderful game will then thrive.
We already have Challenges (Castle and Monthly), Events and presumably the eventual return of the Tournaments.
I realize that as a Level 76 player we have now almost unlimited gold, shard and diamonds stocks so that such an upgrade will be easily done.
BUT the added interest given by, say, the Fairy Forest has already made the game even more interesting
Just remember, in the mists of the past, Level 21/22(?) was the limit and Friends few and far between (limited to 5 gifts per day!). Yet the game survived with relatively little "tinkering" (apart from the diabolical Bow Figurine task) and the Developers did accept some of the suggestions

TiramaSue
Stingray
Stingray
5,167 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Apr 23, 17 10:22 AM
playingthegame wrote:
I realize that as a Level 76 player we have now almost unlimited gold, shard and diamonds stocks so that such an upgrade will be easily done.
BUT the added interest given by, say, the Fairy Forest has already made the game even more interesting
Just remember, in the mists of the past, Level 21/22(?) was the limit and Friends few and far between (limited to 5 gifts per day!). Yet the game survived with relatively little "tinkering" (apart from the diabolical Bow Figurine task) and the Developers did accept some of the suggestions

I would love the devs to 'tinker' with the airship logic. It wouldn't take a great expenditure of resources for them to put a reasonable cap on the number of items (or wheels) asked for. Most 10 part DQ's require that 2 airships be sent. Using 200 or more items up to finish 1 DQ is asking too much since, unlike the old bow figurine, a DQ has to be finished in 24 hours.

If the devs are willing grant me 2 wishes, my second one would be to make the silver amulet actually useful. Charge me a little more to use it, but let it give me a 30 minute no cool down period.

[Post New]by Thewerecatqueen on Apr 24, 17 4:31 PM
TiramaSue wrote:
playingthegame wrote:If you want to understand how EASY the game is today, do a bit of 2014 MC history in this Forum.
There you will see people not suggesting but demanding that the game be changed!

Every time somebody complains about having to play the same scene 4 times to get the items needed to open the bow figurine, I want to scream.

Here's how it used to be:

To complete the Bow Figurine you have to go to 281 Hidden Object Scenes. The one you go to the most is Winter Garden at 38 times.

HOS - Winter Garden 38
HOS - Mosaic Panel 36
HOS - Frozen Treasure 36
HOS - Battle Pit 26
HOS - Skulls 25
HOS - Mirrors 19
HOS - Game Table 18
HOS - Armor and Banners 18
HOS - Scroll Storage 13
HOS - Fire Fountain 10
HOS - Broken Carriage 10
HOS - Bar Counter 10
HOS - Crocodile Bush 7
HOS - Tent 6
HOS - Stone Bowl 5
HOS - Belfry 2
HOS - Crypt 2
Total - 281

High cost of crafting? Well, to open the bow figurine, we had to craft lots of items to open other zoom zones. 36,310 coins to be exact.

So 281 hidden object scenes and 36,310 coins to complete 1 part of a character quest. And wasn't there a character to quest that sent us to the bow figurine twice?

Opening the bow figurine was as demanding as a castle challenge.

i wasn't around for that. (tho it sounds really brutal) I started playing around August 2016 and got to mirror lake on October 2016

and it's not the same scene that bugs me. It's the 1 hour cooldown period.

seeing what it used to be like though...i'd take the current version over the old version any day

Valkyrie_6
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by Valkyrie_6 on Apr 25, 17 10:26 AM
I am really enjoying the ghosts, snow globes and enchanted eggs albums, and now that I can display one in each of my three rooms, I can go back and look at them at any time. In real life I am a big collector of ornaments, e.g. David Winter Cottages (good size collection) and many books and other knick knacks. I therefore very much appreciate the creation of an 'ornament' aspect within Midnight Castle.

I am just wondering whether the developers might consider something like a photo souvenir 'album', which shows pictures of the various major items that we have played for through the game, i.e. the main progress elements of the game. The artwork of those elements is very interesting and I am sad that I cannot look back at what I 'restored', i.e. found the parts of, which, in my case, was up to three years ago.

Another idea - I wonder whether a summer room might be considered, or even a summer 'beach' holiday location, within the private rooms function.

Finally, I'm begging you, please please please correct the naming of the Pan Pipes in Overgrown Pond to be Pipes, rather than the current Pipe; it is very confusing, and in fact quite distracting, when this one is incorrectly named, and the word Pipe is used elsewhere, correctly, to refer to a smoking pipe.

Just one other naming one, please, no real biggy in this case, but again just a little confusion; in most scenes, when you use the word, Pepper, you are referring to a red chili pepper, which is quite correct. It is therefore a little confusing when you also use the word, Pepper, in the Pond of Life, to refer to a Capsicum; in Australia, where I am from, we never refer to Capsicums as Peppers, they are always called a Capsicum (singular) or Capsicums (plural). Just a thought for a possible change, please.

All the best to you all, and thank you for a generally very good game.

Best regards

Philip
Bendigo, Victoria
Australia (621284)
Also a member of Directly expert panel

Edited on 04/25/2017 at 10:27:55 AM PST

Desertdruid
Salmon
Salmon
2,971 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Apr 27, 17 11:38 AM
...the various major items that we have played for through the game, i.e. the main progress elements of the game. The artwork of those elements is very interesting and I am sad that I cannot look back at what I 'restored',

If I understand you correctly, you are referring to the artifacts we assembled, yes?
What a marvelous idea! I would love to see an album of these! Some of them are so beautiful. Like the Portal Activator I'm working on now. It's a work of art!

Valkyrie_6
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by Valkyrie_6 on May 6, 17 2:28 PM
Desertdruid wrote:
If I understand you correctly, you are referring to the artifacts we assembled, yes?

Yes that is exactly what I meant. Thank you for your support of my idea.

sandy510
Herring
Herring
373 Posts

[Post New]by sandy510 on May 7, 17 12:19 PM
I would love an amulet that blows my puzzle pieces into smaller ones to take even longer to put together

TiramaSue
Stingray
Stingray
5,167 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on May 7, 17 12:56 PM
Some achievements based on the puzzles, such as:

1 Earn X amount of coins from assembling puzzles

2 guess the correct hand x amount of times

3 win all 5 items x amount of times (a very small, reasonable amount of times, maybe 10 times like the former (?) tournament achievement)

4 win x amount of diamonds from guessing the correct hand

Go to: