TenaR
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

Re:Drawn: The Painted Tower comments and reviews

[Post New]by TenaR on Nov 21, 09 1:37 PM
I loved this game! It wasn't so hard that it was frustrating but the story line was very cool and the mini puzzles were a lot of fun too. I'd buy a sequel in a heartbeat!!!

HasNazir
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,264 Posts

[Post New]by HasNazir on Nov 21, 09 4:40 PM
Just finished playing this game, well made and the ending was fine, not disappointing like the ending to Flux Family Secrets.

[Post New]by threeattic on Nov 21, 09 8:23 PM
I just finished this one; I spent a lot longer with it than the very simple puzzles demanded, because it was such a beautiful game to experience. The storytelling here was really a cut above most of the games I've played... it makes a huge difference to my enjoyment of a game to be so engrossed in the story, involved in the characters and immersed in the world. It doesn't hurt that the artwork was breathtaking. Bravo.

Fanfare123
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Fanfare123 on Nov 23, 09 6:21 AM
Such a beautiful game, visually. I loved the storyline and it was fun to play. Challenging in all the right ways. But that ending?!?! Not even some kind of battle against the evil king. Sheesh what a let down. As others have posted, I sure hope there is a sequel and quickly!

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Nov 23, 09 6:47 AM
Sequel yes, quickly no. It's in the works. It's usually a year between chapters.

[Post New]by Nekhro on Nov 26, 09 1:26 AM
Great game. Great story. Amazing graphics.. What else is there to wish for?
Must say its on of the best casual games i ever played.

[Post New]by tactha on Nov 26, 09 9:57 PM
A fabulous game!! Beautiful artwork, good music, and puzzles that were difficult, but not impossible. Loved it!!

tuskel
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by tuskel on Nov 27, 09 4:16 AM
This was my actual first purchase in Game Club, and it is superb. Very cute, (my first adventure game, and I've been playing them ever since) wonderful scenes and stories behind the paintings. My favourites were the old tree and the theatre. So sad when it blew up!

Waiting eagerly for a sequel.

kerli,
sincerely

[Post New]by bytecrawler on Nov 27, 09 6:01 PM
Beautiful game. The artwork and story were great. The only (mild) negative is that I found the game actually got easier as it went on. I was expecting a big challenge at the end and the last few puzzles were the most obvious. Nonetheless, this is a game I'm going to replay at least a few times (unusual for me) just to enjoy the sights and sounds.

[Post New]by igors1 on Nov 28, 09 12:54 AM
I'm speechless.. I was never into casual gaming, but this is something else completely! From amazing graphics, animations, atmosphere, puzzles, storyline.. perfect! Easily the most enjoyable adventure game (along with also amazing game Machinarioum) in years! Congratulations.

Edited on 11/28/2009 at 2:17:48 AM PST

[Post New]by crackofdawn on Nov 30, 09 4:55 PM
Just finished Drawn and am impressed. Worth way more than the BFG fee. I especially liked the "adventure" format. Too many other games are "hidden object" types that I quickly tire of doing. What other BFGs like this one can people recommend?

Drawn: The Painted Tower comments and reviews

[Post New]by jroconnor1981 on Dec 6, 09 2:15 AM
Just wanted to say excellent game. I liked the fact that her paintings could be like real life. Also the fact that it made you think was a great addition. The biggest sad thing i could come up with is the part where we have to wait for the sequel.. omg its hard to wait for a great game.. *hair tearing action.. going on here.. Either way thx for the great game and i'll be keeping an eye on this one.. *O-O*

[Post New]by peteratsrinagar on Dec 6, 09 11:44 PM
Too easy by far! If you need a forum to suss this game then try playing snap!

juhuwoorps
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by juhuwoorps on Dec 7, 09 7:26 PM
WOW...All i can say is WOW....that is by far the best game i've ever played of this genre..This kicks a**....I have played hundreds of games..and there was always something that took away from the ambiance..or gameplay..But not this one..I have no idea what to play now..?...Nothing surpasses this game i.m.o...

Turn down the lights..and play this last..if u have other games to play.

Puzzles 5***** Clever very clever..but solvable

Gameplay 5***** Excellent...and I have a slow machine..with only 512mbs..It was a bit slow at times..in loading scenes..but who cares..It was worth the short wait.

Ambiance 5***** Excellent..Truth be told..I make games..and I realize the work and sweat that goes into making one..There is an awful lot of work in this game..heart and sweat..imagination...the works.

Music..5***** Excellent

Over all..this game is long too..its the perfect length..You really get your money's worth with this one...Similar in length to MCF's Return to Ravenhurst....Each scene is fantastic...

Animations..are flawless..

This game is of a magical genre...fantasy..imagination..to the fullest..

I.m.o...I can't say enough good things about it. I appreciate all of the hard work behind it...and I look really, really forward to a second part..and then some.

Peace~

[Post New]by sjlm53 on Dec 13, 09 4:34 PM
I've just finished "Drawn The Painted Tower" and I LOVED it! The concept, music and graphics were simply beautiful and perfect for this game! I can't wait for the next " Drawn The Painted Tower 2" to come out. I will certainly get it when it appears. Thank you for a great game.

halfadime7
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by halfadime7 on Dec 17, 09 6:28 PM
I bought this a few weeks ago, but had others to finish first. At the beginning I thought it was too difficult to follow, but WOW!!!!! It has turned out to be a really good game with lots of different twists and turns. Yes, the ending was a bit off-putting, but HEY, they have to stop at some point. And, YES it takes a long time for the creators to write all the computer code that makes these games so special. I love it and will play it again (in a while, probably right before playing the sequel). It's amazing how addicting these can become. It almost spoils you for other, less intriguing games. Guess it's time to get back to Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove. Have a WONDERFUL Christmas!!! Thank you BFG for your terrific games. How come you don't carry the Mortimer Beckett series?

[Post New]by mochajoes on Dec 20, 09 8:18 PM
I'm not a big gamer but this one really had me hooked when I played the trial. The puzzles were tricky and the artwork was awesome. So many aspects of the game which made you think what to do next. I especially loved the fact that when you're given hints you're not just told exactly what to do but given further clues on how to proceed. Some puzzles had me stumped to the point where it got frustrating. However, I would rather figure it out than use cheat sheets. Great game and I look forward to playing the sequel if there's one in the works.

[Post New]by looth1 on Dec 21, 09 4:16 AM
Just finished this game today. took 3-4 hours. Best game since MCF: RTR

[Post New]by impossble_dream on Dec 26, 09 3:53 PM
I bought the game for my son along with some other games for Christmas. It looked interesting and he likes puzzles and mysteries. I decided I'll play also and on a good note, the paintings were beautiful as well as the music. Some of the puzzles are extra challenging but I like the "skip puzzle" option. However on a bad note, it's WICKED short!! I finished the game in about 4 hours and in my opinion that's not worth spending $10 for.

Edited on 12/26/2009 at 8:47:57 PM PST

[Post New]by DeezyMac on Jan 1, 10 6:50 PM
Loved it! This is the best BIg Fish Game I've played. Highly recommended! It is longer than most other games, challenging without being too hard. I didn't use the work trough until the end (I was stuck on something so obvious). The graphics are fantastic. Slow to load between rooms but its all worth it! Can't wait for the sequel.

Go to: