Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

Re:Mystery Case Files®: Dire Grove™ Collector's Edition comments and reviews

[Post New]by Laflamme on Dec 14, 09 4:52 AM
Valentinaemy wrote:Who is the combination to the safe and the car? pleace help me i'm stuck

Welcome to the pond, Valentinaemy. I'm gonna answer part of it for you, but be aware that this thread is for reviews and not answering game questions. As for the car, have a look at it from the outside and you will find similarities.

For the safe you have to find two pieces of a paper inside and outside the inn.

[Post New]by Fortunelily on Dec 14, 09 5:35 AM
I did this game in 3 hours 32 minutes, but I admit I used a skip puzzle once in awhile lol The story was just too good for me to get frustrated on something, so I went ahead.

I have always loved the MCF games. I own 3 on my computer and 1 on my DS. They should make more DS ones.

In my husband's words "That game looks creepy." and that was the best part. I really enjoyed it.

lanzakaren
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by lanzakaren on Dec 14, 09 5:56 AM
Think the game is great but have played it 3 times now and cant find the potato chips so i cant carry on and try to finish the game. Have been to the room where it says they are but nothing help please

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Dec 14, 09 6:47 AM
lanzakaren wrote:Think the game is great but have played it 3 times now and cant find the potato chips so i cant carry on and try to finish the game. Have been to the room where it says they are but nothing help please

If you are playing the normal version you aren't getting the chips. They are for bonus stuff in the CE.

[Post New]by keke_baybee on Dec 14, 09 7:48 AM
First of all I'd like to congratulate the MCF team for making such a visually stunning game. The graphics in these games just keep gettng better and better. I thought that the videos were better acted than RTR (which I personally felt was the only flaw in that particular game). However I can't help but feel a little bit disappointed with DG. I felt that the hidden object scenes were extremely easy I think I only had to use one hint and the puzzles were not challenging enough, they were more about trial and error than actually using logic. I also think that it was too easy to skip a puzzle and like in previous games thirty minutes should have been added to the players game time as a penalty. I also felt that there were too many videos that although enhanced the storyline, did seem to take up too much time and hindered game play for too long. The storyline was interesting but I can't help but feel that with DG the plot became central and the game itself became secondary and personally I think this is its major flaw. I think the next MCF game should contain puzzles similar to the ones in RTR and Madame Fate and the play time should be increased.

[Post New]by Dimran on Dec 14, 09 1:32 PM
Hi, I came home from work early today to get through the game. I've finally completed 99% of it at 1:30am. Could someone please tell me where to use the snow shoes as well as how to get the salt. I've looked at the walkthrough and can't seem to figure it out. I'm stuck with snowshoes in my inventory and no salt to place in the final puzze. Thanks for the help.

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Dec 14, 09 2:11 PM
Dimran wrote:Hi, I came home from work early today to get through the game. I've finally completed 99% of it at 1:30am. Could someone please tell me where to use the snow shoes as well as how to get the salt. I've looked at the walkthrough and can't seem to figure it out. I'm stuck with snowshoes in my inventory and no salt to place in the final puzze. Thanks for the help.

Welcome to the Pond, Dimran.

This is no thread to ask for hints, this one is supposed to be for comments and reviews. Please open a new thread or look for existing answers next time.

However, you need the snow shoes to get to the farm area, they will stay with you until the end, you don't use them. You will find the salt in the basement of the manager's office on a shelf.

[Post New]by aloisebell on Dec 14, 09 3:40 PM
prpldva wrote:Fabulous game! Superb graphics and game play, interesting storyline. Love the extra features- especially the video tour of Big Fish!

Game of the Year!
need help- the safe in the managers office wont open even tho i put in the right combination of 4741- contact me if you can help- [E-mail removed by Moderator]

Edited on 12/16/2009 at 4:25:07 PM PST

nayski
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by nayski on Dec 14, 09 4:26 PM
Options Attitude / Snarky? Anyone notice the Attitude selection in the Options menu? My options are Normal, Motivational, and Snarky? Anyone know what this means?

lsprinkman
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by lsprinkman on Dec 14, 09 6:12 PM
Can someone tell me how to hit the rabbits head off. I've read the blog and have hit it 10 times and more and it won't budge.

oscar66
Herring
Herring
307 Posts

[Post New]by oscar66 on Dec 14, 09 6:44 PM
Thanks BF, I thoroughly enjoyed Dire Grove.

[Post New]by Dorise on Dec 14, 09 6:45 PM
Agree, great game.

[Post New]by bernie91 on Dec 14, 09 6:59 PM
help i need it if anyone has played i got to the end any if you have played the game you will know what i am talking about the game will not let me put in the urn or the glass vial what do i do thanks help

[Post New]by bernie91 on Dec 14, 09 7:04 PM
bernie91 wrote:help i need it if anyone has played i got to the end any if you have played the game you will know what i am talking about the game will not let me put in the urn or the glass vial what do i do thanks help

[Post New]by Marlette1234 on Dec 14, 09 7:50 PM
The game sucks. There is nothing fun or creative about it. Return to Ravenhearst has the most inventive, colorful, thought provoking and downright hard puzzles. This game has stupid, boring, easy and unattractive puzzles. Nothing about the game was fun. The atmosphere was ugly, the rooms old fashioned and there is nothing fun, nothing that catches your eye, nothing to make you think....it is just a big snoozer.

I feel sorry for the people who paid $20 for the game. I feel like I was robbed at $7. Really, there is only one word to describe this game....BORING! MCF, please hire back your creative puzzle makers and try again....

Silka
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
9 Posts

[Post New]by Silka on Dec 14, 09 10:42 PM
I found this game very boring.

aowyn
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by aowyn on Dec 14, 09 11:33 PM
Loved the game!! Best MCF game yet! Big Fish created a game that really draws you into the story. . . didn't want it to end!! Great atmosphere, I was there and I was cold!! Thanks BFG, can't wait for the next one. I give it

Edited on 12/14/2009 at 11:37:26 PM PST

[Post New]by luseeusa on Dec 14, 09 11:50 PM
I havent gone very far with this game, cannot start the generator, cannot get the key under the Rabbit Ornament, cannot remove the oars and rope from the bedroom to row the boat, cannot find a rope to sling across the broken bridge..etc etc this is one tough game. anyone can help me ?

Mojave_Rain
Shark
Shark
10,693 Posts

[Post New]by Mojave_Rain on Dec 15, 09 12:16 AM
I'm playing very slowly to enjoy the fabulous graphics and to make it last longer so I'm not too far along yet I don't think.

Perfect difficulty level for me although I did get frazzled and impatient and looked at the strategy guide twice, I wouldn't have had to if I'd just been more confident. Good, interesting story, LOTS to do and see -- altogether wonderful game

(((((((((morphing objects)))))))))))

[Post New]by alison76 on Dec 15, 09 2:11 AM
hey i am playing this game at the moment (not the collectors edition) and i am sooo very stuck, i seem to have run out of things to do but can not get the power on or the water to stop gushing in the bathroom, has anyone got a hint for me i am stuck

Go to: