Diane8722
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

Re:ATTENTION DEVS... Concerning Up-Date 1/20/2016

[Post New]by Diane8722 on Jan 31, 16 5:20 PM
When naming businesses, don't forget the ever greedy Whui, Soakum and Howe!

Kikid45
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Kikid45 on Jan 31, 16 9:01 PM
10%...10%!!!

That is the amount of items dropped during my last two rounds through all 67ish HOS. That is just pathetic. I hope the mods are correct that the teams are looking at. I would prefer, however, that this issue take priority over the find button in the daily quests. The mods continue to talk about how that issue was discovered through our posts about the update...who cares? Stop reading between the lines and please read the actual lines telling you what is happening to our games!

This is my first time complaining about it...have tried to be more possitive about this, but after two days at 10% has wiped out my inventory of items needed in tasks on level 66. And finding it difficult to help friends at all levels needing these same items.

This update contradicts the purpose of the friends zone, which is to trade and share. That is all you can do.

I hope they get their ducks in a row and prioritize. Would want to be informed if they have any intention to return to days of bliss, or if it is too bad for us.

Hope not too snarky.

[Post New]by second_childhood on Feb 1, 16 5:29 AM
I opened my game to add "taking a break" to my name and I'm almost embarrassed to admit I'd spent 47 days 9 Hours and 23 minutes playing Midnight Castle since November of 2014. Guess I really did enjoy it.

If it's time that's being checked to see if Midnight Castle is (was) successful ,I'm guessing those of you at levels higher than my 44 have spent more time. Maybe posting that will get someone's attention.

I'll keep gifting to those I've promised too, but nothing else 'til the HOS drop is back like it was before this update.

[Post New]by ReallyHelpless on Feb 1, 16 6:09 AM
Ventured back into the Castle today. I met a Knight who sang the blues and asked him for some happy news, but he just smiled and walked away, even chained though he was. So it's bye bye to the BF lie. Drove my kindle to the update, but the update was dry. Them good old devs were drinking whisky and rye, singing this'll be the day MC dies, this'll be the day that it dies.

sadie700
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,206 Posts

[Post New]by sadie700 on Feb 1, 16 6:12 AM
I am glad to see some humor added to this thread, because it does not seem to go any farther than right here. If this was with paper, pen and ink, I would say that you killed too many trees, and used up too much ink for nothing.

I believe that the total outcome will be .....Take, Update, & Shuvite.

Because all they is hearing is Blah Blah Blah, in my opinion. Any company that receives this many complaints, usually is reported to the Better Business Bureau or an organization that is similar to that. If this was work that was done on my roof, I would report them. But since it is a free to play game, it is our choice to suck it up and play or quit. I don't think they care which we do. Just as long as we hush.

If a business normally waits over 10 days to examine complaints of this magnitude, they usually go out of business. But as there is a lollipop (insert your own word) born every minute, they won't have a problem.

I can not post in this thread anymore, it is just too depressing to realize that players mean absolutely nothing anymore.

wishtar
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
446 Posts

[Post New]by wishtar on Feb 1, 16 6:24 AM
God or someone else please bless The Rat and the General for they are truly bright (in more ways than one) lights here on your (BF's) forum, an important distinction, I'd say.

Thanks so much for the wit and the laughs, if we don't we'll be listening to Neil Diamond and crying in our beer and pretzels which won't do us any good, other than the beer and the pretzel part and if you're a fan the Neil Diamond part.

I will not be deleting my game in any set deadline and urge others not to do so either. The changes that have been affected in the past have taken quite some time to happen.

Firmly believe players would not be so eager to delete their games if BF's forum had been handled in a less denigrating, demeaning and dismissive manner.

Rat, where do I git ahold of that thair dictionaire?

Edited on 02/01/2016 at 6:33:02 AM PST

[Post New]by BlazeDuskdreamer on Feb 1, 16 7:45 AM
I'm still loving the update, it is still helping me progress and I want to state unequivocally, BIg Fish --

PLEASE KEEP IT!!!

sadie700
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,206 Posts

[Post New]by sadie700 on Feb 1, 16 7:50 AM
I am a firm believer in everyone having the right to their own opinion.

Blaze - I am glad that you are enjoying the update, I really am.

I, however, am not. I would just like to say that "I'm Cured! I no longer want to play any games."

Done.

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on Feb 1, 16 8:17 AM
The change is fine for ONE......or two........as for the 9,999,998....others or so......thanks, fair well, was fun,......gotta go. From near and far all points between......moving along to other grass green.....and in hopes and prayers of friends good will.....the forum is cold and yet dead still......of a decision made in the twix of an eye......of what was,now, is just a forgone sigh......and those 9,999,998 have said BYE BYE.........glad for the 2 which still remain.......with gettin less and doing great....with the game as is.."look ma the wind stopped blowin".........water is luke warm and items a flowin......sort of..........fun and I just a fed my pet.......inventory is 3 harpy feathers...I'm set!!!..........take that n run.....tear it up.....and DO fun.......for us 9,999,998 we say...........been there and DONE.

cheers **D@NgeR** out

Bedazzles
Clownfish
Clownfish
567 Posts

[Post New]by Bedazzles on Feb 1, 16 8:39 AM
wishtar wrote:God or someone else please bless The Rat and the General for they are truly bright (in more ways than one)

I will not be deleting my game in any set deadline and urge others not to do so either. The changes that have been affected in the past have taken quite some time to happen.

Firmly believe players would not be so eager to delete their games if BF's forum had been handled in a less denigrating, demeaning and dismissive manner.

I agree wishtar...sometimes a well place humorous comment concerning the update, game, or otherwise can be just as effective as a logical well thought out argument.

It baffles my mind how someone can still think this update is helping them in the slightest...to each their own...2+2=-10 seems it must be some new fangled math that I cant seem to understand.

I agree that being treated like sheeple and having all our comments corralled and getting basic responses has put a very sour taste in my mouth!! But yes Rome or changes to MC wasnt accomplished in a day...it takes time for them to realize the overall impact this major faux pas to the game is going to make. Just like with the Bow Figurine and all the other ZZ's that came with that update! Took 2 more updates for them to realize that players were dropping like flies and they better do something! So I for one will just not play, put the game on ice for a while and hope for the best...but be prepared for the worst and see what else there is out there that might capture my attention...like maybe joining the circus or something...

Diane8722
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by Diane8722 on Feb 1, 16 8:45 AM
I'm still hoping...willing to fight for a better day. Have put the kindle game away, wishing I still wanted to play...feeling 50 shades of grey (oops ).. wanna beat those who sent my joy astray..

[Post New]by ReallyHelpless on Feb 1, 16 9:03 AM
I still remember how the Castle used to make me smile. I'd get some Pole Stars for my friends and we'd all be happy for a while. But now the Castle makes me shiver with every cold shard it delivers. Bad news for those devs inept. I just can't take one more step.

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on Feb 1, 16 9:12 AM
Seems as if our words are for not......and falling on deaf ears.....like a a potato that's too hot.......seems the more ya try the farther back you become....as is with the inventory depleting with every HOS done.....as is with talk of hopes to a change......when they say we listen and then show the NEW and improved GAME.....as is with the conviviality of our words brings a smile and tears....and joy of gut busting linguistics....chained in cheers.....these folks have a truth of a steadfast plight.....YET left unacknowledged......they will say GOOD NIGHT !! **D** out

[Post New]by Cynproc on Feb 1, 16 9:26 AM
ReallyHelpless wrote:I still remember how the Castle used to make me smile. I'd get some Pole Stars for my friends and we'd all be happy for a while. But now the Castle makes me shiver with every cold shard it delivers. Bad news for those devs inept. I just can't take one more step.

I, too, cringe at each shard which has taken all the fun out of the game. If forum complaints are falling on deaf ears, perhaps an actual letter sent to the CEO would work.
Or would it be a waste of paper.
Surely they know people enjoying MC for free will consider buying other games. I was, but not now as I'm disappointed with the company's response--or lack thereof--to these complaints.
Cyn

Edited on 02/01/2016 at 9:27:28 AM PST

ldy709
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by ldy709 on Feb 1, 16 9:48 AM
I guess I have reached the frustration level of many other players. I am at Level 69, mananged (at a great inventory cost) to get the 4 new pets (after 300 blue keys), and now I see no other reason for playing.

At first I liked the update but quickly realized I was depleting my inventory, yet I still went on....silly I know. Now I go in to play the Game Table and Fortune Wheel only for inventory items - and I gift what few friends still request items (assuming I have what they need).

So now I wait and hope the developers see how many are leaving and decide to change a few things. I will await an announcement from someone in the Forum stating they finally saw the light!

LDY709 - playing on Kindle format

siberlene
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by siberlene on Feb 1, 16 10:20 AM
I don't understand the level of distaste for the latest update that I'm reading here. So items don't drop at the same rate. Hmm. Doesn't anyone enjoy a challenge anymore? Every shard that drops works towards something, whether it be Trina or an achievement. Every coin that drops builds the bank. What can be wrong with that?

It's might be nice to have things handed to me every time I want something but, personally, I'd rather work for it. This is a game similar to life. Work hard and you'll get there.

If it was too easy it wouldn't be half as much fun.

pancakey
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by pancakey on Feb 1, 16 10:33 AM
Hi siberlene!

Part of the joy of the game for me is getting an item every time that I do an HOS. There is something satisfying about that; it's like it gives doing an HOS a meaning. When I get shards or coins, it's just not as much fun. I like building up my inventory even when it's squirrel tails!

What most players (I think) are complaining about, is that we are now getting short-changed. At best, the coins/shard will equal the value of the item; much of the time, it is actually worth less. There are other ways to get coins and shards -- disenchant, sell, feed pets -- but the only ways to get items are from friends or (if you have no inventory) by using diamonds.

I see your point about it making the game more challenging, but for me and many many other players it has taken away the fun.

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on Feb 1, 16 10:37 AM
siberlene wrote:I don't understand the level of distaste for the latest update that I'm reading here. So items don't drop at the same rate. Hmm. Doesn't anyone enjoy a challenge anymore? Every shard that drops works towards something, whether it be Trina or an achievement. Every coin that drops builds the bank. What can be wrong with that?

It's might be nice to have things handed to me every time I want something but, personally, I'd rather work for it. This is a game similar to life. Work hard and you'll get there.

If it was too easy it wouldn't be half as much fun.

We all were working fine before.....and having the FREEDOM to get more coins per inventory item as opposed to being given 15 coins each time.......a harpey feather is worth 25 coins....I can sell it for 10 more than what it is now.......or disenchant it for the shard..........a cannonball is the same.....and all other items worth 30 coins in the city and forrest and tower.......so to settle for the 15 is a lazy act to say as is is just fine........no work there..... **D**

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Feb 1, 16 10:40 AM
I thought it was challenging enough as the amount of coins needed continues to increase... I'll say again... I SOLD ... rarely used... items ... that were 25 coins or more... that were over an amount I was comfortable with... so I made MORE coins selling my extra....

I disenchanted ... rarely used.. items that were 15 coins, again, that were over a set amount...

I am now on level 59 (almost level 60) it is VERY expensive... having more coins obtained by selling rarely used items is more helpful than 15 coins... I find that it is already challenging!!!!!!!!!

The main reason those who have played so long were able to have the coins they have now, is for those who played continuously ... built up their inventory and coins while waiting for updates... Those of us who started later and have not reached the final level, have had NO forced downtime between updates... I did stop for four months and just did the HO's to mainly build up coins ... I built it up to 600,000... it's down to 450,000... (and the only reason it's not less is because of feeding pets, crafting, and continuing to do HO's... otherwise, it'd be less than half of what I started with)... I find this VERY challenging...

If I wanted to play a HO game where I had to hunt for every single item for every single task and end up with no inventory... there are HUNDREDS of those games... I have played those games for years... I wanted something different.... Midnight Castle WAS different.... Midnight Castle provided OPTIONS that other HO games do not... the option to keep, gift, sell, disenchant your items....

and why have achievements when there is no way to achieve them without HO items?

c0c0_nuts
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by c0c0_nuts on Feb 1, 16 10:44 AM
I want to receive an item from a HOS, not extra coins or a shard. If I want extra coins or a shard, I would sell or disenchant inventory I do not want or need.

Since this update, I no longer have much of a desire to play this game. I have found another game that I am playing more often now. The only things I do now, when I open MC, is play the daily bonus, spin the fortune wheel, play at the dice table, play the slot machine in the key master shop, and complete a simple daily quest. I am eventually going to have to stop playing the daily quests, since I am running low on airship items and I don't do the rounds anymore to build it up. I rarely gift anymore.

Go to: