Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Witches' Legacy: Awakening Darkness Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Dec 24, 15 12:36 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 12/24/2015 at 5:22:37 AM PST

ajwiggin
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Witches' Legacy: Awakening Darkness Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by ajwiggin on Dec 24, 15 3:36 AM
Running windows 10, playing demo went from witches house to witches academy and screen stuck there as if to play cut scene...but nothing running.. Had already been to witches academy found skeleton hand then went back to witches house used the skeleton hand on container got items, then attempted to return to academy and it is stuck.
Also the escape button allowed the pop up menu so I could return to main menu and quit game. I quit game and tried playing again....it is still stuck in same spot.

Edited on 12/24/2015 at 3:40:49 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Witches' Legacy: Awakening Darkness Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Dec 24, 15 5:22 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Dec 24, 15 5:32 AM
Hi ajwiggin,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues progressing after a particular scene. Thank you for letting us know what troubleshooting step you have taken. It may be helpful to look at the following help article for hints to ensure that your video card driver is up to date:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you are still having issues, running the game as an administrator may help. The following help article contains steps on how to do that:

Run Game as Administrator

You are also welcome to reach out to our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. They have the tools to further assist and help get things up and running as it should.

bfgBellerophon

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Dec 24, 15 7:53 AM
Win 7 64 bit, don't know if this is a glitch.......played that mini game where you have to put the moon in, pushed the skip button, got all the dialog and then nothing. The only thing that I can access is the menu button, the rest is just sitting there doing nothing.

ajwiggin
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by ajwiggin on Dec 24, 15 8:45 AM
That is what is happening to me in windows 10. Just gets stuck and only thing I can access is strategy guide and menu buttons. Tried running as administrator and running as windows xp and windows 8 still did not fix this problem. Too bad I was really enjoying the game (I have all the other 6 in this series and love them).

ruthkr
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by ruthkr on Dec 24, 15 11:43 AM
Hi All,

I'm on a MAC air, Yosemite, 10.10.5. Tried loading this game twice, but when I hit play, I just got a white screen and the "spinning pizza wheel of death" and I have to escape. Too bad, it looked like an interesting game.

Happy holidays to everyone.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Witches' Legacy: Awakening Darkness Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by stitch619 on Dec 24, 15 2:14 PM
ajwiggin wrote:Running windows 10, playing demo went from witches house to witches academy and screen stuck there as if to play cut scene...but nothing running.. Had already been to witches academy found skeleton hand then went back to witches house used the skeleton hand on container got items, then attempted to return to academy and it is stuck.
Also the escape button allowed the pop up menu so I could return to main menu and quit game. I quit game and tried playing again....it is still stuck in same spot.

Experiencing the exact same problem on Mac El Capitan (10.11).

[Post New]by Snowwolf64 on Dec 24, 15 2:30 PM
same thing is happing to as is happening to other players, screen freezes at the academy.

Corker
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Corker on Dec 24, 15 7:41 PM
Me too! I'm frozen at the academy. Uninstalled and re-installed with no success. Too bad I was really liking it. Windows 10.

[Post New]by chuck3790 on Dec 25, 15 1:50 AM
we don't want to go searching the help stuff. the game freezes in the same place for most of us. next to last chapter I think. what is the FIX? do you have a click here fix?

ajwiggin
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Witches' Legacy: Awakening Darkness Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by ajwiggin on Dec 25, 15 4:12 AM
Uninstalled and then reinstalled and I started a new game under another profile and this time it froze before I could even get to the academy. Need a fix....I love this series.

Edited on 12/25/2015 at 4:14:10 AM PST

cindybuns
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

Witches' Legacy: Awakening Darkness Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by cindybuns on Dec 25, 15 5:12 AM
I have the same problem, windows 7 freezing at the Academy at a cut scene, press ESC get menu go back into it still freezes. Since about 10 of us have the same problem on various mediums I say it's a problem with the game and you need to fix it.

I am currently uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that does anything and will repost if it does.

Rhondalay
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

Clock in lower town

[Post New]by Rhondalay on Dec 25, 15 7:17 AM
Anyone else having this issue? I'm at lower town, just spoke to the acorn and now nothing to do. checked the map...nothing, clicked the hint and it took me to the door on the clock, then on the key hole, but nothing to do. Clicked the hint again while zoomed in on the key hole and it circled the keyhole and also something way up in upper corner (but there's nothing there). Finally resorted to the SG which said there is a scroll and reed on the clock door, on or behind the screen in lower right corner of puzzle....but there is nothing there. Seems to be the glitch. Anyone else find a workaround or is this a bad glitch that needs fix? Currently an STUCK.

Followup: I uninstalled and reinstalled....still missing the access to the reed and scroll/note behind the screen on the door to the clock tower. :-( Also, running Win 7 64 bit.

Please....will there be a fix for this or do I request my money back ( :-( )???

Edited on 12/26/2015 at 7:34:44 PM PST

cindybuns
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

Witches' Legacy: Awakening Darkness Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by cindybuns on Dec 25, 15 9:00 AM
I removed the game and redownloaded it again and still have the same problem.

I then sent the issue to the Big Fish technical team in an email along with a Dr. Fish file; mentioning that others were having the same problem in the same spot on various operating systems.

As soon as I get an answer/fix I will post it here.

djones6254
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by djones6254 on Dec 25, 15 10:50 AM
Where is the FIX????? You know everyone is having the same issue, so fix it already!!!

ARIA32462
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by ARIA32462 on Dec 26, 15 9:43 AM
ajwiggin wrote:That is what is happening to me in windows 10. Just gets stuck and only thing I can access is strategy guide and menu buttons. Tried running as administrator and running as windows xp and windows 8 still did not fix this problem. Too bad I was really enjoying the game (I have all the other 6 in this series and love them).

I am stuck too... After putting the fork crossbow together everything is moving but I can only access the SG and Menu button. The crossbow disappeared and I am stuck here. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and still nothing. Wow another CE I have bought and can't finish. Anyone else stuck here?

suzmcmike
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by suzmcmike on Dec 26, 15 10:54 AM
Running on Mac OS X El Capitan version 10.11.2.

Game opens, but appears to be minimized. When I click on icon, it just flashes on the screen and goes back to minimized. The only way to close it is to right click on it and select quit.

[Post New]by bettyjayson on Dec 26, 15 5:15 PM
Hi Im on a mac, i got to the part that you are up on the top mountain and you have to play a game that you have to drop pieces of a picture into the right columns, it got stuck there and i can not go anyplace else, the map, hint are not working, please what do i do?

[Post New]by JDMeyers7902 on Dec 26, 15 7:38 PM
Same problem everyone else is having. Win 7 Pro, 64 bit. At the mini game where you drop tiles into the correct column. Clicked to drop the first tile, and lost all game control. Cursor moves, but the only things that will activate are the menu and the strategy guide. The cursor never changes: no magnifying glass, can't open the inventory, can't back up a scene or use the map.

Restarted, no help. Rebooted, no help.

I haven't reinstalled because I am having a really GOOD game and don't want to start over if there is a patch or fix!!

Go to: