bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Murder, She Wrote forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Nov 13, 09 12:05 AM
Welcome to Murder, She Wrote forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Murder, She Wrote players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Re:Welcome to Murder, She Wrote forum

[Post New]by thatmomperson on Nov 13, 09 8:06 AM
I downloaded the game, but it's not loading. What gives?

[Post New]by lauralkirk on Nov 13, 09 2:54 PM
My game's audio is very choppy. I even spoke with a tech at BigFish and downloaded new drivers to my computer. Still Coppy! Anyone else having this problem?

nbarber11
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by nbarber11 on Nov 13, 09 3:07 PM
I couldn't solve the jewelry in the first book. I skip but now I can't go forward. The hint button won't work either. How do I go forward?

[Post New]by tomcat11 on Nov 13, 09 11:21 PM
Yes, lauralkirk, My game 's audio is very choppy to. Can anyone fix it?

hide3brain
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by hide3brain on Nov 13, 09 11:36 PM
thatmomperson wrote:I downloaded the game, but it's not loading. What gives?

Having the same loading issue. The file size is small compared to "Safecracker" and other games I own.
Can anyone help???

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

[Post New]by nomatt on Nov 14, 09 12:09 AM
nbarber11 wrote:I couldn't solve the jewelry in the first book. I skip but now I can't go forward. The hint button won't work either. How do I go forward?

I had the same problem. I kept restarting the game and clicking everything but couldn't get anywhere. I started it again but changed my mind so clicked 'no' at the 'continue' screen. BIG MISTAKE!!!!! The game then wipes out everything you have done and starts a new game. I closed it through task manager because the only in game option is 'save and exit', I didn't want to save!! Closing it it task manager saves it anyway so your screwed. Huge bug as far as I can see, very naughty. You could start a game then the door bell rings so you decide not to play, it then erases all your work. I'm want a save game with the first chapter done, I can't be bothered doing all that again. Way to spoil a decent game Big Fish.

Misty40
Clownfish
Clownfish
923 Posts

[Post New]by Misty40 on Nov 14, 09 7:58 AM
I'm downloading the game now. I'll post whether or not I'm having trouble with this game. I hope that I don't though. This show was one of my favorites when I was a preteen/teenager.

[Post New]by wrightsoon on Nov 14, 09 8:10 AM
Same problem with the jewelry. Hit skip and can't continue - any fixes?
Thanks

Misty40
Clownfish
Clownfish
923 Posts

[Post New]by Misty40 on Nov 14, 09 8:27 AM
I've played about 15 minutes of the game and haven't had any problems yet.

[Post New]by bronxbabee on Nov 14, 09 9:15 AM
I'm on XP and it won't load here either. Between this and cherry blossom errors it's pretty darn annoying, I must say.

NANA5LOVE
Clownfish
Clownfish
529 Posts

[Post New]by NANA5LOVE on Nov 14, 09 11:35 AM
I downloaded the game and played for about 35 min and loved it so decided to buy and after the purchase it says to install the game, Well, it dumped the whole game and I have to reinstall it again, of course it is taking over an hour to do.
Waiting Waiting Waiting

how do you unblock the sink

[Post New]by colette222 on Nov 14, 09 1:01 PM
i have put the plunger together but it wont let me unblock the sink. is there a specific spot to plunge

folkdance
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by folkdance on Nov 14, 09 3:33 PM
Mine downloaded okay, but wouldn't install so after clicking the "install" thing a few times, I closed out the program and reopened and this time it installed w/o any problems. Try closing and leaving the game console and then reopening.

folkdance
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

how do you unblock the sink

[Post New]by folkdance on Nov 14, 09 3:35 PM
colette222 wrote:i have put the plunger together but it wont let me unblock the sink. is there a specific spot to plunge

I'm having problems with that too so I started another game using the timed version instead of the relaxed one. After holding the plunger over the left side - almost on the rim of the sink - and moving it up and down, the sink drained finally. That was in the timed version.

I tried the same tactic in the relaxed version and that sink still won't drain. I did send a email to support and I'm sure we will hear back soon.

nancehere
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by nancehere on Nov 14, 09 10:07 PM
I'm playing the relaxed version and didn't have any problem with the plunger. I had to wave the plunger over the sink two or three times before it "caught" but then it worked. Try putting the plunger over the lower part of the sink where the cupboard is. That's what worked for me rather than in the sink area.

nancehere
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

Shelving the books?

[Post New]by nancehere on Nov 14, 09 10:10 PM
I'm in the last section of the first game and have shelved 4 of the 5 books, but the game won't let me shelve that 5th book and it's driving me bananas. I can't continue as I need the magnifying glass placed under the book needing to be shelved. Then I can't finish off the rest of the room until I use the mag. glass!!! grrr. I hope there is a walkthrough coming up soon. I love this game.

meridi
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by meridi on Nov 15, 09 11:20 AM
wrightsoon wrote:Same problem with the jewelry. Hit skip and can't continue - any fixes?
Thanks

Having problem with jewelry matched all up but now takes me back to bar to sort more jewelry that isn't there.

[Post New]by 2catshere on Nov 15, 09 1:37 PM
There is a major problem with the sound in this game.
It happens at the introduction and end of each chapter. It skips, and is choppy as heck.
If there is no fix, I will ask for a refund, since I have bought the game.

AnnBy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,653 Posts

[Post New]by AnnBy on Nov 15, 09 1:47 PM
I haven't had any problems with this. Seems to freeze for a few seconds sometimes in the puzzle mode, but everything has worked. I've gotten through 3 books so far.

Go to: