arthurC
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
424 Posts

HELP!! How do I 'Gift' this game?

[Post New]by arthurC on Dec 24, 15 3:43 AM
I want to send this game to my grandchildren in South Africa..

There USED to be an option to 'Gift this game' and I've sent games to them before, but that option seems to have disappeared.

Any speedy help would be much appreciated .. they're sat at their computer yon side, waiting for it.
Jo

Re:HELP!! How do I 'Gift' this game?

[Post New]by TheWorldsAddress on Dec 24, 15 11:59 AM
Hi,

I've never sent a Big Fish game as a gift, so I don't know how it used to work. However, I checked the customer support section (scroll down the main page, click on "customer support" and search for "gift" and it seems you can only send 1 or 5 game gift certificates. I'm not sure, but it seems you can only buy standard edition games with these certificates. You can also use a Game Club credit to buy a game certificate from the "My Game Club" page, but again this only seems to work for standard edition games.

The only alternative I can think of is to log in to the account of your grandchildren and purchase and pay for the game yourself. That way, you can put the collector's edition on their account. Do remember to delete the payment method (credit card, paypal or otherwise) from their account after purchase.

I hope this helps to get this great game to your grandchildren.

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

Re:HELP!! How do I 'Gift' this game?

[Post New]by Hespera on Dec 25, 15 6:23 AM
There's only a gift certificate option now. There was a time when you could "gift" game credits and those could be used by the recipient for Collector's Editions.

However, gift certificates are viewed like coupons and are only good for standard edition games, and like coupons, can't be used for Collector's Editions.

If you know your grandchild's account and password, the idea presented by The WorldsAddress is a good one. Log into their account and purchase a particular game or a number of game credits, by editing their credit informaiton, and adding your credit card, then select not to save you credit card information.

Edited on 12/25/2015 at 6:24:18 AM PST

Go to: